PDA

View Full Version : I want "cheddar"

caseysmom
03-25-2006, 04:06 PM
As some of you know my Gigi went to the bridge over a year ago. I have been dragging my feet about replacing her because of the puppy.

The puppy is now 16 months old and fairly easy so of course I had to go out looking....

Here is Cheddar:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/spumoni/cheddar.jpg

I called my hubby to ask him about it but he was in a grumpy mood, I will wait till tonight. But this boy is 4 years old and gets along well with dogs and other cats in fact his previous home had a shitzu that he was good friends with (bubba is half shihtzu) Not sure why he was abandaned.

This was a rescue group set up at a local petco...this boy is very large...reminds me of catnappers harry.

This is the wrong place to ask but what do you all think? Hehe...I don't know how my dogs would do, they did fine with gigi but she was so easygoing.

Laura's Babies
03-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Look at how he is begging you to take him home! Poor baby! He don't understand WHY he is there locked up in a cage....all he wants is someone to love him and a lap to curl up in..

catmandu
03-25-2006, 04:15 PM
It might take a while for your Dogs to get used to Cheddar,and vice vers but I would give it a try as Older Cats do sadly stay in the Shelters a long time.
Good Luck with that Little Orangie.

caseysmom
03-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Oh Laura's babies I am going to cry. That is the exact thing the lady from the rescue said, she said look he is asking you to take him home.

My daughter has been begging, I'll let her lay into hubby tonight. The lady said cheddar had a lot of interested folks looking at him but no takers.

caseysmom
03-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Gary, Thankfully he is in the hands of a good rescue organization...I would not want a kitten...I would much rather adopt a cat that is already litter trained and mature...which cheddar is :D

sirrahbed
03-25-2006, 04:24 PM
AWWW!!! Cheddar looks like such a sweetheart! He has that pretty marbling pattern, too :) Orange males seem to have the sweetest dispositions. We did a couple of polls about orangies over the past years and that was pretty much aggreed on among PT folks :)

Hope your daughter is successful in her begging and that your hubby is agreeable :) I love to hear about beautiful older cats going to good homes. hjnnn'[

s0xc9opppppppppppppppp99910000p[.0000235...]

Dylan, (my sweet orangie) gave his two cents here, too :p

orangemm
03-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Oh, yes, Cheddar is saying "Please take me home. I will be such a GOOD boy and get along with everyone!". That face just melts my heart.

Karen
03-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Oh, tell your husband you HAVE to take him, all of Pet Talk concurs! He sounds perfect!

Catty1
03-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Oh, that expression on his face...aw, it makes my heart ache! Good to know that he has been looked at so much - and he is a GORGEOUS boy!

Good luck on becoming his meowmie!

hugs
Catty1

RedHedd
03-25-2006, 05:25 PM
I think we need to get a chorus of orange Pet Talk males singing - Mishi is meowing his approval! Cheddar! :D Love the name! May I have a slice? :)

caseysmom
03-25-2006, 05:36 PM
I have never been meowmie to an orangie before, at our old house it was at the end of a cul de sac and a few homeless kitties showed up, one was an orangie that I found a home for but I had just rescued gigi so I did not keep her.

I also love the name cheddar.

Prairie Purrs
03-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Say "cheese" and get that handsome orange fella! :D

Laura's Babies
03-25-2006, 07:04 PM
I have to also add to what I already said.... IF I had been there and saw that boy, looking at me so sadly, EYES begging like that... He would have come home with ME and hubby would just have to like it or LEAVE!..opps, maybe that is why I am still single?

I am telling you, This cat is hunting me! I have never seen one look so sad and pitiful.. I am going to sit here and cry if I find out you didn't bring that baby HOME.. I have NEVER had a picture haunt me like this one does.

kilbarchancats
03-25-2006, 07:08 PM
hey, what could be more e-x-q-u-s-i-t-e than calorie-free CHEDARRRRR?????

\
what a handsome, sweet boy. i could heat him up right here. :D :D

caseysmom
03-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Laura's babies, I am pretty much like you although I do like to have hubby on board first although he really wasn't with the dogs but he has warmed to them completely. He was actually very bonded with my rb gigi.

I called and told him we need a family night, we are going to see eight below to get him in a sappy mood, then the kids will start in on him.

I went on petfinder and found the rescue organization but didn't find cheddar, maybe he is new, they only had a few pets listed on petfinder but I know they have a lot so who knows.

Maybe I will shoot the rescue an email to try to get some more info on him. I can't imagine why someone abanded him :mad:

.sarah
03-25-2006, 07:38 PM
Wow, he is beautiful. Good luck with your hubby :D

Felicia's Mom
03-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Best of luck getting Cheddar.

Laura's Babies
03-25-2006, 10:49 PM
he, he, he, he....8 below?... He is going to think you want a dog! Let us know what you think of that movie......then what hubby says. :D

caseysmom
03-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Well the kids talked us into seeing the hills have eyes, what a gory disgusting movie...

Well I thought that 8 below would get him emotional, my daughter showed him the picture of cheddar, he kind of grumbled.

Bubba has been very hard to potty train and he associates the pets with ruining the house right now, we will still work on him though.

krazyaboutkatz
03-26-2006, 04:01 AM
I agree that orangie males are very friendly and also usually goofy. My Sunny is the goofball of the house.:) Cheddar sure is handsome and I love his name too. I sure hope that you'll be able to adopt this handsome boy.:)

Catty1
03-26-2006, 09:40 AM
It's a long shot - but has anyone ever adopted a cat and it helped the litterbox habits of the cat they already have?

Just wondering.

Catty1

moosmom
03-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Look at that precious face!! How could you NOT fall in love with Cheddar??? Go get your cat, will ya??? I know he'll be fine.

gini
03-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Rascal jumped right on my lap when he saw Cheddar and read the post.

He turned to me and said "well, did you tell her? Huh, did you tell her?"

So at the request of Rascal and Annie and Emma too, we are here to tell you that there is absolutely NOTHING like an orange boy. You will not believe the amount of pure love that just pours out constantly. You will never be sorry for one minute for giving Cheddar a good home.

Just look at that face.........that says it all!

(pssst, Cheddar, you are going to have to work on Dad a little bit......give him lots of big eyes and gentle head bumpies - that ought to do it.)

jazzcat
03-26-2006, 11:08 AM
AWWW CHEDDAR!!! I agree with the others that his expression is a heartbreaker. Poor little guy!

I know I've chimed in before about you getting another cat so I think you know what my opinion of getting Cheddar is, especially now since your daughter is ready.

As for hubby, I went through the same thing when I found Scout. He didn't want a third cat but she haunted me. She had a very sad story - had been abused by some boys until someone stepped in to rescue her, she was pregnant and it was terminated during spaying and then she suffered a hemmorage or something from the spay. Poor kitty didn't trust anyone, growled at most who touched her but there was just something about the look in her eyes that told me she was to be my cat. It took me about two weeks to convince hubby (with a lot of crying involved which I normally don't do). I asked the shelter to hold her for me but told them if anyone came in and really wanted her to adopt her out. They told me not to worry, she gets a few looks but never any takers, kind of like Cheddar. Anyway, now hubby even admits she belongs here and is probably our best behaved kitty. It's like she understands and is grateful. She rarely if ever messes with anything (except Ripley) or is destructive.

Okay, is that long winded enough? :D

Fingers crossed for you guys and Cheddar!

Lizzie
03-26-2006, 01:24 PM
I really, really hope you are able to take Cheddar. His expression is saying "Why is everyone just looking at me and not taking me away from here. I'm gorgeous, I'm fun, I'm loving, I promise to only steal your cheese but otherwise be very good." Having just indulged myself in adoping four cats in one day, I want to read that you got this one that you want so much - and who wants you so much.

heidiv
03-26-2006, 03:41 PM
ORANGE MALES ARE THE BEST little lovers you can get. He has really neat stripes on him. He would win in my household. I think you should just go ahead and get him. He looks wonderful ;)

Glacier
03-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Well, yanno, sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! :p I once sent Stuart a picture of a cat(he was away working) and wrote on the back "This cat lives here now"...that cat is Onyx!

I hope you get to bring Cheddar home!

momcat
03-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Better get over there quick and in a hurry before someone else scoops him up! We'll help you deal with hubby after the fact. Just think about it, you'll have all the Cheddar you want without having to worry about all that cholesterol... the sweetness factor may be another issue though. Get yourself over there NOW!!!!

orangemm
03-26-2006, 04:22 PM
I hope you go get that orange lovey! He is a treasure.

icedtea
03-26-2006, 04:27 PM
What a lovelypussy cat,what a fabulous name Cheddar! That is just such a cool cheesy cat! i hope you gethim so we can hearallabout the adventures he will have!

caseysmom
03-26-2006, 04:31 PM
There is some confusion...I have 2 dogs right now and no cats...just to clarify...

Last night I was sleeping and casey had my feet, bubba always sleeps right on top of me...I was thinking if I get cheddar where will he sleep :D

The good thing is he is in the hands of a very good rescue group...the cats that haunt me are at our animal shelter, it has a very high kill rate. I would almost rather save one from their, but maybe by taking one from a rescue it frees up a slot for them to take one from the shelter.

heidiv
03-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Yep! I think you need to get the cheddar! He looks so sweet. ;) ;)

orangemm
03-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Hmmm, any news yet? :eek: ;)

caseysmom
03-27-2006, 05:16 PM
I think my husband is cracking, I brought it up last night and he said "so where did you see him".

hehe I had to admit to actively looking for a kitty....

I am having quite a time with my oldest daughter right now so emotionally I am drained today...I wish I could trade her for cheddar...seriously!

Lizzie
03-27-2006, 05:33 PM
I agree that "so where did you see him" is a definite sign of cracking, well done! So, you think that by this weekend we can expect pictures of Cheddar in his new home?

Lobodeb
03-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Awwww, I'm just seeing this now!!! Maggy wants me to tell Bubba, "hi" first of all. But secondly, Maggy has an orangie, Sammy who is the most tolerant cat of a nawtee Payton and fiesty Maggy.

Of course you should get Cheddar! He looks very yummy! :p

Beauty17
03-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Oh, I think he is beautiful - I love his name - and his eyes are just begging to be loved and given a home. Oh please, oh please make it so that this good boy can come to a good home. I hope you can. Good luck. Grumpy husbands can turn into soft-hearted cat-adorers. I've seen it happen.

RedHedd
03-28-2006, 01:56 PM
There is some confusion...I have 2 dogs right now and no cats...just to clarify...

Last night I was sleeping and casey had my feet, bubba always sleeps right on top of me...I was thinking if I get cheddar where will he sleep :D
No cats? :eek: Well, then definitely you NEED an orange foot-warmer! :D

orangemm
03-28-2006, 03:45 PM
My RB orangeboy Timmy was the BEST foot warmer EVER! He was a big boy, loved to lay on my feet and keep them warm. Timmy also was gentle, loving, non-aggressive, never hissed or growled, and I loved him dearly.

I bet Cheddar is a long-lost relative of Timmy's!

Laura's Babies
03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
The rescuers that pulled cats out of the high kill shelter I worked at told me that for every ONE cat that got adopted from their rescue, that money gave them the funds to go pull TWO out of the kill shelter. So by adopting Cheddar, ONE CAT, you could be saving TWO from certain death! (if it is the same where you live)

Beauty17
03-31-2006, 10:34 AM
I keep checking this thread because I want to know what became of the decision about Cheddar. I keep hoping to hear a happy ending of this story. It's such a wonderful name and he has such a wonderful, pleading face, just asking for love and promising that he would be loving and devoted in return. So what was the outcome?

Lobodeb
04-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Did I miss it? Did you get Cheddar?

orangemm
04-10-2006, 05:32 PM
I've been away and I had to see if there was any good news. Is there??? ;)

moosmom
04-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Curious minds like us want to know...

DID YOU ADOPT CHEDDAR????

Flatcoatluver
04-11-2006, 12:03 AM
I just saw this thread!! I am also curious what happend!!!!!

caseysmom
04-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Sorry guys I just saw the new inquiries.

I have been having lots of problems with my 15 year old daughter and didn't think it was a good time to bring a new "person" into the mix. Although my daughter has been talking about our rb gigi non stop.

She was the one that begged for our dog bubba 15 months ago and I do most of the work so I am not sure what to do. We are actually taking her to counseling this week, she likes a bad boy and it has really changed her for the worse :mad:

Flatcoatluver
04-11-2006, 12:21 AM
oh I am so sorry. Everything happens for a reason so maybe your perfect cat will come to you.

Beauty17
04-11-2006, 09:48 AM
15 is a very hard age for girls - I remember. I am grateful that I don't have to relive it with a daughter, and try to get her through it. I have a son (different issues - trying to stay out of the middle of father-son battles, and so on), and I find that easier. I am sorry that you had to decide against taking on the care of Cheddar, and I so much hope that he finds a family to give him a home - and that your home finds some peace soon. Thanks for letting us know what happened with that choice process. We were wondering.

Lobodeb
04-11-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm so sorry. I hope everything works out for you.

Orlando's_Girl
04-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Oh that face makes me want to cry!!! If you dont adopt him make sure he goes to a good home!! I would hate to see such a cutie boy go to a bad home!! Who would abandon such a sweet Kitty?? Hes such a cutie pie!!