PDA

View Full Version : In true feline fashion!

catnapper
03-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Many of you never leave Cat General, so this will be my official announcement over here. I am going to be a grandmom! My oldest step-daughter is unexpectedly pregnant and due in June. We have a LOT to do in the next 2-3 months and I already have a LOT of helpers ready to pitch in wherever they can.

Last night Ashley and I went to a swap meet where they were selling baby clothes, cribs, etc. to raise funds for the local church. Earlier in the day we were looking at nursery themes and the only one we both loved was "hey didle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon" theme (of COURSE I was going to sneak cats into the theme somehow! ;) ) We bought a mint green wall paint and decided to fly by the seat of our pants. Well.... we went to this swap meet, and if a beacon of light didn't appear over this crib set, it SHOULD have because its EXACTLY what we were thinking of .... AND the mint green in the quilt? A PERFECT match for our wall paint. Are we lucky or what? anyway.... sorry to ramble... I am excited, can ya tell?

I wanted to take these pictures to post in the thread in general, but in true feline fashion my girls had to come and give their paw of approval.

First came along Abby (we won't talk about her increased size - she's very sensitve about it)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/noseykitty1.jpg

Then came Flutter
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/noseykitty3.jpg

Both inspectors
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/noseykitty2.jpg

The boys? off running and making an awful racket as if they were a herd of buffalo. :rolleyes: I guess they save their inspections for the big stuff like cribs and bassinettes and leave the decorating to the girls. :p

kb2yjx
03-25-2006, 06:22 AM
What wonderful news!!! And of course the cats had to be VERY sure that everything bought for your grandchild was absolutley PURRRFECT!!! Much happiness and please let us know if it is a boy or girl!!!!! Sandra

catnapper
03-25-2006, 06:29 AM
What wonderful news!!! And of course the cats had to be VERY sure that everything bought for your grandchild was absolutley PURRRFECT!!! Much happiness and please let us know if it is a boy or girl!!!!! Sandra
We won't know what it is until he/she makes their grand appearance. Poor girl was in total denial about the whole thing - even after she heard the heartbeat she still didn't believe it was possible. So we missed the window of finding out the sex by about a week. The baby's too big and scrunched up already to be able to determine whether its a boy or girl. Thats why we went to a neutral theme like this one.... she wants a girl (shhhh, we'll never tell the baby that one if its a boy!) and I think its a boy. I actually think its more exciting to have to wait! I orginally wanted to know.... thats the FIRST thing I asked (well, after we determined it was 100% healthy)

kb2yjx
03-25-2006, 06:47 AM
Yes, please forgive me that I forgot to include prayers for a HEALTHLY baby!!! Now the name game will start!!! You will have the time of your life with the little one!!!! Sandra

K & L
03-25-2006, 07:13 AM
Congratulations! You're going to love being a grandma. Kevin & I so enjoy being grandparents! What a perfect nursery theme. I will watch for updates on all of this.

Felix
03-25-2006, 07:27 AM
Congrats!Happy and Healthy Wishs for mommy and baby.The kittys done such a terrific job making sure the blankie was safe for the baby :) That is such a pretty blanket.

prechrswife
03-25-2006, 07:35 AM
Cute bedding! You will find that your cats will make very good nursery inspectors. Ours certainly are. :D

Laura's Babies
03-25-2006, 08:35 AM
WARNING! Kitties LOVE baby beds and baby stuff and you will not be able to keep them off off/out of it.

That blanket is adoreable and I just love it. Isn't it just amazing that it was there waiting for you to find it? This is going to be so much FUN! You are going to have a BALL! CONGRATULATIONS again!

catmandu
03-25-2006, 09:44 AM
The Found Cats,and I Are Praying For A Healthy Happy Baby For Your Daughter.
And A Brother Or Sister For Your Cats.
And A Grand Baby For You.
Concatulations.

orangemm
03-25-2006, 04:36 PM
How wonderful for everyone! And, what fun planning a nursery, getting all the baby things together AND having everything carefully inspected and approved by your crew! I know they will do a wonderful job.

And, the theme is purrfect! :D

Congratulations to you and your family!

krazyaboutkatz
03-26-2006, 04:05 AM
Congrats Grammie Kim!!:) The quilt is so adorable.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-26-2006, 04:29 AM
What a beautiful quilt!!

jenluckenbach
03-26-2006, 05:14 AM
This baby was surely send by God. There just ARE no coincidences, and finding that blanket should prove to you that He will be with you every step of the way.

I am just so excited I could BURST! (so I am surprized that YOU have not exploded yet...LOL)

Pam
03-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Kim I already congratulated you in the other thread but I will say it again - CONGRATS GRAMMY KIM! You and I will be fellow grandmoms this June within a few days of each other, so get your rocking chair ready! LOL! ;) Of course the kitties are just inspecting your choice and have to give it the *feline seal of approval.* ;)

This is one of my favorite pictures of Robyn's kitty, Dandy. Robyn found her like this one day back when Christian was a baby. Doesn't she look annoyed that she has been disturbed? LOL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/fcefc8aa.jpg

Keep your camera handy once this baby arrives. We want lots of pictures of the little one and also the kitties' reaction! :)