PDA

View Full Version : Oh the irony already!

catnapper
03-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Ok, so my step daughter has known she's pregnant for one whole day now. The baby's not even here yet and already she's starting to see life a bit differently. She's starting to think like a mom.........

We went to visit my mom tonight and we were talking about all the kiddie shows like Blues Clues and Thomas the Tank. She said, "my child will NOT be watching Dora the Explorer until that kid gets more clothes on. Her belly is always hanging out!"

Ummmm.... lets back track just a moment here. I seem to remember just LAST WEEK hubby and I had this discussion with her about her clothing being too revealing and showing off too much belly. But now that its her own child she is appalled at the idea of bellies being shown?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I think I'm going to like this new improved step-daughter! Lets just hope that once the shock wears off she'll be just as sweet and remember how much I am here for her. Tonight I told her how happy I was that she's been so open with me. I told her she talked more to me in the past 24 hours than in the last year. If hadn't been driving the car, I'd have given her a huge hug and planted a big kiss on her! Typically, if she was in the car with me for that hour long drive to my mom's I might have had a whole two sentences out of her.... tonight we talked non-stop. It was GREAT!

kimlovescats
03-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh Kim .... this is sounding sooooooo wonderful! You know, God works in mysterious ways!!!! :D

Laura's Babies
03-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Nothing to turn them around and see things different like having their OWN!

Prepare yourself for your newest best friendship. You went from villan to best friend in what(?) 24 hours? Sounds like she has grown up overnight.

K9karen
03-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Been there, Kim! My wild child niece, turned into the best mom, doting wife, immaculate housekeeper, school volunteer... a different person. Recently, she even thanked me (and my mom) for everything we did for her. (she lived here for years and I raised her like a daughter until she went back to her own mom). I'm thrilled your relationship with your stepdaughter is such an improvement. I know it makes you so happy.

catnapper
03-25-2006, 05:36 AM
Been there, Kim! My wild child niece, turned into the best mom, doting wife, immaculate housekeeper, school volunteer... a different person. Recently, she even thanked me (and my mom) for everything we did for her. (she lived here for years and I raised her like a daughter until she went back to her own mom). I'm thrilled your relationship with your stepdaughter is such an improvement. I know it makes you so happy.
Karen, ya know what? We went to a baby swap meet at a church in your neighborhood. The church was Ressurection... probably a few blocks from your house! I wish we could have met up! My mom was so impressed that I knew where I was and gave her a short cut home :D

PS to everypone else: We got her crib bedding for $30! A $300 set for $30 and loos brand new, never used! We got a bunch of other stuff that was brand new or VERY gently used. Mom paid for everything! (I love my mommy!)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-25-2006, 07:05 AM
I am so happy for you!! Looks like she needed a shock like this to grow up :) .

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-25-2006, 07:09 AM
OH I am so happy for you. I am soooo glad she is taking this so seriously and possibly looking at things through more mature eyes!!!

I really hope a close relationship blossoms through all this !!! :D :D

Felix
03-25-2006, 07:42 AM
Thats terrific news. :) Im so happy for you.

JenBKR
03-25-2006, 08:09 AM
Oh Kim .... this is sounding sooooooo wonderful! You know, God works in mysterious ways!!!! :D

That was my first thought too! :D Sounds like everything is going so well. (((hugs)))

jenluckenbach
03-25-2006, 04:14 PM
First I would like to laugh completely out loud about the bare belly remark.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

And I am so glad that you two are finally "on the same page". Hopefully it will stay that way.

And I repeat......I want to go baby shopping!!!!!!!! (I got money. ;) )

Karen
03-25-2006, 04:27 PM
catnapper, how did the "family dinner" go last night?

catnapper
03-25-2006, 05:28 PM
catnapper, how did the "family dinner" go last night?
Called off because hubby had forgotten about something... hopefuly tomorrow? I was talking to someone today that knows the father and I'm sorry to say they confirmed our suspicions about him -- he's a bum and will flee the moment he first gets the opportunity. We have to prepare her for it as best we can. Even though there's really no preparing for something like that, is there?