PDA

View Full Version : seafa keeps getting on the table!

icedtea
03-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Seafa keeps getting on the table! What can i do to stop this naughty behaviour? I have read that spraying water at their rear end helps but we dont have any spray bottles at the moment, what have you pt people done??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Well....the only thing I can think of is learn to live with it. Spraying Seafa's butt with water will persuade him to jump down when you spray him, but from my experience with cats, if they want up on the table/counter/cabinets/whatever, they will get up on the table/counter/cabinets/whatever. ;)

CJ actually has his own chair at our dinner table. Sometimes he's happy to stay on the chair and eat with us, sometimes our dinner is much too tantalizing and he must get a closer look by climbing on the table - yes, while we're eating. Do we discourage him? Well, if you call giving him little pieces of chicken while he's up there discouraging him, then yes, we discourage him. ;) :rolleyes: :D

catmandu
03-24-2006, 06:23 PM
iM AFRAID THAT TUBBY AND PEANUTS MOTHER IS RIGHT.
ITS THE INSTINCT OF A CAT TO WANT TO BE CLOSE TO HIS LOVED ONES,AND THEY CAN DO THAT BY CLIMBING UP ONTO A TABLE WHERE THEY ARE AT EYE LEVEL WITH YOU.
YOU COULD KEEP PUSHING SEAFA OFF,BUT THEN YOU BOTH WOULD FEEL BADLY,AS SHE WOULDNT KNOW WHY.

G535
03-24-2006, 06:29 PM
The old cat on the table trick! Yes you're going to have to live with it, just about everyone with cats takes it for granted. There are absolutely no restrictions here, my cat is boss. :)

kb2yjx
03-24-2006, 07:43 PM
I have accepted the fact that the cats share our meals with us, assist with anything that goes on in the kitchen. After all, they do let us live here...

Laura's Babies
03-24-2006, 08:16 PM
My attitude IS... This is my cats home, just as much as it is mine and they are free to do what they want.

Funny thing is though, that now, they are not really interested on getting on the table or counter tops anymore. Chester has always amazed me in the days when he lived on the counter tops, that when I had food up there, he wouldn't get on the counter while the food was up there. :confused:

If it really bothers you, get a spray bottle and spray Seafa or put 2 sided sticky tape up there.

icedtea
03-24-2006, 11:33 PM
oh well. looks like im stuck lol. the person whois really annoys is my mum, basically because of hygiene. we are thinking about getting a plastic cleartable cloth to go over our table when we're not eating.

Felix
03-25-2006, 07:33 AM
Yeah,you will learn to live with it.Felix always inspects our food at the dinner table.He never eats any of it but he just got to stick his nose into it to see what we are having :rolleyes: .He sometimes lays on the table and trys to sneak food off our plates with his paw(Some think that is gross...I think its cute :o )