PDA

View Full Version : Here's Eddie!

Laura's Babies
03-24-2006, 01:11 PM
I just recieved a picture of my son Eddie from his wife WITH permission to post on the web for all our PT friends who prayed so hard and faithfully during his serious trying times in the Burn Trama Unit at Norfolk Sentara Hospital. It has been a long road for him to get this far and he still has a long way to go to rebuild and repair his body after being in that explosion and suffering so many burns. From May 4, 2005 to Feb. 9, 2006, he was in the hospital and he is at home now, doing ALL he can.. Nothing has stopped him! Here he is shortly after his discharge from the hospital, WORKING on his car that broke down during his hospital stay and she wrote on the back of the picture, that he did get the car running again! (THAT'S our Eddie!)

Here is the man you all prayed for.... The RESULTS of your faithful prayers, well wishes, and support during the most horriable time a person could go through. My MIRACLE son, my first born, beautiful brown eyed boy! (He will turn 44 years old next month)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p99c1e44638c5e159feba2b21f4c08614/efba082b.jpg

Just DAYS before his discharge, he was presented with his brand new grand daughter Jasmine. He LOVES being Grandpa!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pd04a30bb0e7a840c2d3125fccfc9e161/efba07f6.jpg

(I left the pictures regular size because I thought you all deserved to SEE the person he is and who you have helped in living bold colors!)

QueenScoopalot
03-24-2006, 01:18 PM
OH Laura my heart's doing a ~happy dance~ for Eddie and his family! :) It's so wonderful to know he's finally out of the hospital, and is getting more active. I'm sure that alone is a big spirit boost for him. Grandbaby Jasmine is precious, and what a perfect time for him to be able to spoil her. :D Just the smile on Eddie's face speaks for itself...HE'S HOME YAY!!!!!!!!! :D

Edwina's Secretary
03-24-2006, 01:22 PM
How wonderful for Eddie and his family! What a miracle is modern medicine!

ramanth
03-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Yay!!!! :D

sirrahbed
03-24-2006, 01:39 PM
What a wonderful smile on son Eddie's face :D I am so happy for you Laura!!

and what a precious picture of baby Jasmine - love the pretty pink on that white background - so sweet :D :D

Karen
03-24-2006, 04:03 PM
That's a guy for ya - get out of the hospital, and immediately pop the hood on a car! Good to see him out in the "real" world, and smiling!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-24-2006, 04:14 PM
I say if he enjoys working on cars - what better therapy is there? :D

He looks absolutely wonderful, Laura!

Just curious, is he at a normal weight for him or did he loose a ton of weight during the whole ordeal? Just curious because I know my dad lost at least 40 lbs when he was in the hospital for a month after their car accident. After he got out he really looked pale and gaunt and it took him at least another month to start getting his color back, and at least a year to start gaining the weight back. Eddie looks really good in that picture so that's why I was just curious....

kimlovescats
03-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Oh Laura ... he looks WONDERFUL!!!!!!! ****HI EDDIE****** :D :D
Please tell him how great he looks for me, and what a blessing it is to be able to share in his miraculous recovery!

That grandbaby of his is BEAUTIFUL! Awwwwww, what a joy to be able to come home to something as precious as she is!!! :D

Love ya, girlfriend!

Kim :)

jenluckenbach
03-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Eddie, you look WONDERFUL!!! And your grandbaby is A-DOR-ABLE!!!!

continuing prayers for a happy carefree life.

Laura's Babies
03-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Debbie, Eddie weighed 175# the day of the accident and the last time I asked, he was 125#, although I am sure he has put a lot on since he has been home. Regina said she can't keep groceries in the house because he is alway hungry. He wakes up at night and goes to eat but he isn't back to anywhere near his normal weight yet..

My biggest fear was his hands. He has ALWAYS piddled with stuff with his hands, built things, worked on cars, rebuilt computers, and I knew if he could no longer could use his hands, that would kill him. When she told me he was working on his car, I cried because that meant HE IS OK!! One hand has to be rebuilt inside and out but he CAN work with it enough to get that car running... That is why just a simple task of getting a car running is so special to me.. He needs another compression glove so he won't have to walk around with car grease on it all the time. Ewwwww! :eek:

AbbyMom
03-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Oh, Laura! Eddie looks great! :D

Cataholic
03-24-2006, 07:54 PM
What a heartwarming set of photos! To see such a precious child, why, he HAD to recover, didn't he?

Those compression suits are pretty fabulous. They have made a significant difference in my neice Samantha's skin.

Corinna
03-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Aww Laura I'm setting here with LES so glad to have been on my knees for Eddie. want to send him this way have a camero needs fixing ;)

poofy
03-24-2006, 08:42 PM
IM so thankful that eddie is doing so well..how wonderful for you all and what a darling little girl I thank God hes doing so wonderfully well.. :)

christa
03-24-2006, 08:47 PM
It is such a blessing to see that pic, Laura! :) Thanks for sharing! And THANK GOD for sparing his life!

Laura's Babies
03-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Corinna, he would be glad to fix your car as long as he can make his next days physical therapy appointment!... how long a drive to you is that from Norfolk, Virginia? It would be a small price for the knee time you put in for him.

Cataholic-His compression garment for his legs should be ready soon but they haven't mentioned any for the upper torso yet. I was amazed at how those gloves work and they are not even tight but make all the differance in how that skin looks! AMAZING! How long do they have to wear those things, do you know?

I forgot to mention, see that building in the background in that picture? That is his garage that HE build himself with his own 2 hands, even has a computer in there to keep tabs on his car repairs on, that he rebuilt himself.

ChrisH
03-25-2006, 07:09 AM
Oh, Laura, I have happy tears and a huge big smile on my face here. It is so wonderful to see him, thank you for posting his picture and the one of beautiful baby Jasmine too.

Chris

sandragonfly
03-25-2006, 09:42 AM
oh laura, it's wonderful to see who we've been praying for! I smiled immediately when saw his grin. :D a very great feeling, YAY - he's home and working!! god bless him. and jasmine is a cute doll!

big happy hugs to all of you!!! :D