PDA

View Full Version : Calling all moms (and grandmoms)....

catnapper
03-23-2006, 07:32 AM
I have to take my step-daughter for her first pre-natal exam today. What type of questions should I ask? I have an hour to compile some questions

I'm waaayyyy out of my league here but I want to make sure we cover everything and start off on the right foot.

Yes, you read right..... I'm gonna be a grandma!!! :eek: Its all new to us and my step-daughter is petrified and still in denial that she could possibly be pregnant (denying it to herself).

We need all the prayers we can have today. Its going to really hit her hard once the doctor confirms everything (and she hears that heartbeat for the first time). As for me and hubby, we're ok. We've been pretty sure for a few weeks that she's pregnant, so we've had time to adjust to everything. She just found out last night.... all along she thought she had simply gotten fat.

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-23-2006, 07:51 AM
Things really will change for her once she hears the heartbeat.. I was in total DENIAL untill then too.

I'm not sure what questions you should ask... but I am glad you guys are getting her into the doctor so her and the baby can start getting the care they need.

I hope she turns around for you. Good luck today at the doctor's office. Sending you guys some {{HUGS}}

Maresche
03-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Hm, things to ask...

If this is the dr. you want to deliver the baby, be sure you know what hospital they deliver from.

If your daughter is interested in classes (which sounds like it would be a good idea) talk to the receptionist as they usually are the ones with the schedules.

Find out if your daughter has any dietary concerns while pregnant. Some women do, others don't.

That's all I can think of at present.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-23-2006, 08:40 AM
Firstly, you need to find out just how pregnant she is, whether there is just the one heartbeat (sorry, but it happens) and make sure she goes to regular check ups for her sake and the little one's

catnapper
03-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Firstly, you need to find out just how pregnant she is, whether there is just the one heartbeat (sorry, but it happens) and make sure she goes to regular check ups for her sake and the little one's
Well, since she's SWEARING it was 3 months ago, and based how much she's showing... and since twins run in hubby's family..... and since they skip a generation... guess her chances of twins: Pretty high! :eek:

God help us if she's having twins. :o

We're leaving now for the checkup.... one last deep breath. It'll be ok. We'll make it through.

Laura's Babies
03-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Again, CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA! The due date is a great question.... Make sure you get a due date. They may have a problem figuring that one out until they do a ultra sound since she is in such denial about this. Prenatal vitamines, will she need those? WHAT about her sports? < I would be sure to ask that one!

Maybe after the doctor confirms her pregnancy, get something for the baby... I'll tell you why.... When my Captain found out his daughter was pregnant, he was so upset and mad. The next trip back on the boat, I took a baby blanket for the baby... A beautuful white one trimmed with white satin trim... As he opened it, I told him "just think... in a few months, YOUR grandbaby will be in that blanket!" Only then did her realize that what had him so upset and mad was going to result in a sweet little life that he was going to love and adore... that was the day he realized "A BABY" was coming.... ( I also want to add that they have had that beautiful little boy since he was born and refuses to let his Mama take him home. He and his wife adore that baby and I really think they feel it is their baby instead of their grandbaby.)

moosmom
03-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Kim,

This is a good time for a little stepmother-stepdaughter bonding, if ya know what I mean. I don't know whether hubby is up to it, and most guys, unless it's their wife, want no part of it, she's gonna need a labor room coach (if you catch my drift *wink, wink, nod, nod*) Unless she's expecting that dirtwad of a boyfriend in there with her (not unless he's hightailed it outta there by now), I think that is PERFECT timing for you and her to get better acquainted. She's gonna need someone to confide in. I'm sure she'll have TONS of questions. Once she sees that you're not the bad person she makes you out to be, she'll come around. Giving her a little time to get over the shock of being pregnant is wise. It's alot to absorb (or deny).

As for you and hubby, I've put you up there on the PT "High Test" Prayer List! This calls for a major candlelighting.

Laura,

A beautuful white one trimmed with white satin trim... As he opened it, I told him "just think... in a few months, YOUR grandbaby will be in that blanket!"

What a wonderful idea and a great wake-up call!!! Made him see things through a whole other perspective.

HUGS and thoughts to you guys. You've got a long road ahead of you. All of us at PT have wide shoulders and big ears, and we're here for you. ;)

I think Donna is a nice name, don't you? :p;)

Pawsitive Thinking
03-23-2006, 08:57 AM
Well, since she's SWEARING it was 3 months ago, and based how much she's showing... and since twins run in hubby's family..... and since they skip a generation... guess her chances of twins: Pretty high! :eek:

God help us if she's having twins. :o

I feel for you I really do.....have been through this twice with mine (plus terminations but that is a whole different thread). Your stepdaughter and mine sound so alike its scary.......

Apart from the obvious I found it quite hard to watch my husband's disappointment in his daughter - if you need to chat to someone who knows exactly what you're going through feel free to contact me

I'm a twin and from what I can gather once the babies are old enough to take notice of each other it gets a whole lot easier - I always had a playmate!

Christiansmommy
03-23-2006, 08:57 AM
You may be at the doctor's appt. already...but let me think of some things you want to ask...

First off, she may need an ultrasound to determine how far along she is, if she is showing already, with her first, she could be as far along as 5 months ( since you don't always show right away with your first).

Prenatal vitamins.

They will probably run lots of blood work, i think i had 7 viles taken the first few weeks, just for checking for normal things that they check during pregnancy.

I am sure the doctor will cover everything that she will need to know...it all will depend on how far along she is too, on what blood work/tests they will do...

If she has had spotting (like you said she may have), then they should know that, they may want to do an internal, or an internal ultrasound to check her cervix ( if she is spotting)...i had this done.

Also, family history of things lik diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. will need to be noted at some point...incase she is at an increased risk to get it herself.

Anyway, if you have ANY pregnancy questions, do not hestitate to PM me, I have been there done that (doing that) ;), and would love to be of any help to you and your daughter. (((HUGS))) Hope the appt. goes well and she is okay, physically and emotionally.

Robyn

catnapper
03-23-2006, 10:16 AM
She passed out when she heard the heartbeat. Make that TWO heartbeats. TWINS!
We have a 2:30 ultrasound appointment to confirm what we heard and the doctor saw.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-23-2006, 10:19 AM
OMG! :eek:

And how are you in all this?

Karen
03-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Good gracious - double-ly surprising. Good luck with the afternoon appointment.

Christiansmommy
03-23-2006, 10:29 AM
We have a 2:30 ultrasound appointment to confirm what we heard and the doctor saw.

WoW!! Well i guess that could explain why she is showing already...if she is still early on...((((HUGS)))) to you both, I will add your step daughter to my prayers.

Robyn

Corinna
03-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Oh boy is the boy toy and family going to love this!!!! Congrats (I think) boy is she in for a reality check. Prayers to you and hubby.

moosmom
03-23-2006, 10:40 AM
TWO?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

H@ly $6it!!! You're kidding, right????

This calls for a major candlelighting.

Major candlelighting? Hell, this calls for a freakin bonfire!! (Mumbles *logs of wood, check.matches, check.charcoal lighter,check.LOTS of newspaper.*)check.

Just trying to add a bit of humor. Sorry if it backfired.

If you need a shoulder, Kim, call me. I think you have my cellphone. I can call you right back as I have TONS of minutes.

Love,

Donna

Samantha Puppy
03-23-2006, 10:41 AM
WOW. Well, congrats to all and yes, she'll be getting a big ol' reality check soon. How old is she? She's very lucky to have a supportive father and stepmother.

Twins! <shaking head>

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-23-2006, 10:51 AM

OH dear God. What a big big burden for that young girl.

Did she "literally" pass out. What a HUGE reality check!!

Prayers x 2 on the way!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-23-2006, 10:58 AM
TWINS!

:eek: :eek: I knew you mentioned it was a possibility, but I didn't think it was that much of a probability!

Congratulations!!! Congratulations!!! :D

catnapper
03-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Donna, yes, we could use that bonfire of prayers! God certainly does have a sense of humor.

Jaime, she turned 18 last week. Happy 18th birthday to her.

She actually did pass out and it took a good 20 minutes to fully revive her. She STILL denied it was possible that she was pregnant.

Now we need to find out what about school. I think she has enough credits to graduate early legally. She's going to get huge very fast and I can't see forcing all that emotional stress on her if its something we can avoid by taking her out of school. She WILL be going to college in September no matter what.

JenBKR
03-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Oh my gosh (((hugs))) what a shock! I read your other thread when you were wondering if she was pregnant, and now...twins! Congratulations and lots of prayers on the way. Has she told her boyfriend yet?

catnapper
03-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Has she told her boyfriend yet?
She said she told him last night that she might be pregnant and then she started to have LES so I don't think it went well. We'll see. I'm not holding out much hope for him standing by her side through all this. I do worry how hubby's going to react to the boy's reaction.

Husky_mom
03-23-2006, 11:40 AM
WOW Twins!!! such a package!!!1.................well i just wanted to give one "experience" about two heartbeats..........

when my MIL was expecting my hubby she had two heartbeats and was thinking twins, but when she got images they found out it was just one but the umbilical cord was so big it masde the second heartbeat, so this could be her case, but wih twins in family its more likely that they are, but you can hope............eitherway they´ll be such a joy......regardles of the circumstances

Hugs

Queen of Poop
03-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Oh boy!! When it rains it pours. Prayers for all of you.

Maresche
03-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Would it really be such a bad thing if the boyfriend didn't stick around? Having no father isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially if "Dad" isn't a good person to begin with.

Be sure to go after boyfriend for child support though!

king2005
03-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Would it really be such a bad thing if the boyfriend didn't stick around? Having no father isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially if "Dad" isn't a good person to begin with.

I'm a big supporter of this!!

catnapper
03-23-2006, 12:05 PM

Exactly. My step-daughter's birth mom isn't in the picture at all - and she's better off for it.

I just wonder how much child suppport she'll get from him. He works part time at a pizza joint and does nothing else all day long. A good old fashoned loser.

I'm not worried about much because we'll be there for her no matter what, but I want to make sure he doesn't try to deny the baby and skip town. I hope his parents are good enough people to make sure he lives up to his responsibilities.

popcornbird
03-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Twins!!! :eek: Wow. I can understand why she passed out. Twins...two babies, when she wasn't expecting a child at all. Poor girl must be so traumatized. :( I hope she learns from this. Take care of yourself, and try to look at things in a positive way. You're going to have TWO NEW BABIES in the house. :D Two new babies to keep you happy and busy. He he he. I'll be praying everything turns out okay for you.

king2005
03-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Once you get the child support guys after him, they'll stay on his tail & take a % of whatever he erns & give it to the mother & baby. So if he makes big money down the road, the % will brin gin more $$ to the mother & baby.

Here in Canada, the first child is worth aprox 300.00 & the 2ed is worth aprox 200.00 for a father who clears about 30k/yr after taxes. The % can go up & down, so it depends on the childs needs & why the father isn't in the picture.

Exactly. My step-daughter's birth mom isn't in the picture at all - and she's better off for it.

I just wonder how much child suppport she'll get from him. He works part time at a pizza joint and does nothing else all day long. A good old fashoned loser.

I'm not worried about much because we'll be there for her no matter what, but I want to make sure he doesn't try to deny the baby and skip town. I hope his parents are good enough people to make sure he lives up to his responsibilities.

Maresche
03-23-2006, 12:16 PM

It's called garnishment and the government will do it. My SIL just got a check for $1800 from her ex who hasn't paid a dime otherwise in a year. Out of his federal income tax return. She may not get much regularly but she will get something especially with twins.

I hope she comes to see what good people you are and how very lucky she is.

I wonder if it is possible to determine paternity now somehow.

My Peanuts
03-23-2006, 12:19 PM
TWINS! Wow. I'm sure she's scared to death, but in a year she'll wonder how she ever lived without them. Congrats!

catnapper
03-23-2006, 12:21 PM
I might sound jaded but I have no faith in the government helping in making him collect. The kids' (my step kids') mother owes nearly $20,000 in arrears and all the government makes her pay towards it is $20 a month for all 3 kids. It took YEARS for us to FINALLY get the government to even get her to pay anything, and she only owes $70 a month per kid.... do the math and figure out many years she paid nothing before we could get the government to make sure she paid. :mad:

Pam
03-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Kim I am floored almost as much as your stepdaugher! Yikes! Welcome to Grandmotherhood! (Is that a word?) Thank God you got her to a doctor early....at least I hope it's early. With twins they are often small (low birth weight) and teenage moms often deliver small babies. A teenage mom pregnant with twins is a double concern. (Pardon the pun) She will need to be advised about nutrition, etc. to insure a healthy baby and a healthy mom.

Looking down the road a bit, I imagine you will be helping out quite a bit now with two on the way. I can't even imagine the sleepless nights (getting two to stay asleep at the same time). I hope this doesn't impact you too much financially as you might need to stop working yourself in order to help with child care. I agree with the others, though, that once these little ones are here they will be worth every gray hair that will soon start popping out of your head. ((((Double hugs))))

Corinna
03-23-2006, 12:48 PM
you may want to get $$ out of him but you may rethink this if he does he has rights to them . Make sure if he wants nothing to doi with them get his rights revocked so your daughter can make all choices for them with out him screwing with any thing.

king2005
03-23-2006, 12:50 PM
I might sound jaded but I have no faith in the government helping in making him collect. The kids' (my step kids') mother owes nearly $20,000 in arrears and all the government makes her pay towards it is $20 a month for all 3 kids. It took YEARS for us to FINALLY get the government to even get her to pay anything, and she only owes $70 a month per kid.... do the math and figure out many years she paid nothing before we could get the government to make sure she paid. :mad:

Damn!!!

Our child support guys are blood thirsty animals, but can be fair!!! The father has to keep his cool in the court house, or his % can go sky high! My dad behaved & paid 500.00/month for the 2 of us.. My uncle didn't & he had to pay 1000.00/month for 1 kid!! However he was only misbehaving cause he couldn't afford the origional rate of 300.00/month & a later judge saw that & saw how greedy the mother was & how rotten the son was becoming, he lowered it to 100.00.

In canada there is now a special law that allows the child support to tap into the father bank account & it'll auto take the money out as soon as a pay cheque goes into the account. The fathers cannot stop this, nor fight it...

Would fighting the matter with a group of single moms, help the issue? I know this method works here, just don't know about the usa.

Jadapit
03-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Wow, twins!! I bet you felt a liitle like passing out yourself when you heard that. ;) I'm sure all of you are pretty overwhelmed right now, you all will be in my thoughts.

king2005
03-23-2006, 12:53 PM
you may want to get $$ out of him but you may rethink this if he does he has rights to them . Make sure if he wants nothing to doi with them get his rights revocked so your daughter can make all choices for them with out him screwing with any thing.

But if she got full custody over them, wouldn't be out of their lives & still have to pay??

For 8 months my dad was out of our lives (not my his choice of course) & he had to pay the child support. I hope the usa isn't any diferent.

Cataholic
03-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Congrats! Congrats! Wow!!! Double blessings. That is pretty awesome, really. :D

Felicia's Mom
03-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Congrats on the twins. I will pray for everyone.

Corinna
03-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Waiting for the ultra sound results!!!!

Vermontcat
03-23-2006, 01:21 PM
WOW Kim!
Congratulations twice!
You are going to be a grandmother of twins!

I just wanted to let you know that your Pet Talk family is here to help you and your family.

kimlovescats
03-23-2006, 01:27 PM
You and I have already talked by PM ... but you know that I am very excited for you and your family .... DOUBLE the BLESSINGS!!! I"m here for you any way I can be. I know that everyone is still in a state of shock ... poor Ashley passing out is just awful! Once things settle in, she will be fine ... and after those babies are born, you all will wonder how you ever lived without them! ;)

Hugs from the "other" Grammy Kim! :D

caseysmom
03-23-2006, 01:41 PM
When the time is closer we need to have a cyber baby shower :D

Well Kim I don't know what to say, your stepdaughter is very lucky to have such caring parents and she will soon learn this. Its funny but instead of feeling bad I can't help but have tears of joy for the new life, funny how nurturing kind of kicks in...this from a pro choice person...I

ramanth
03-23-2006, 01:53 PM
TWINS! Wow! Prayers they are both healthy. :D

elizabethann
03-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Wow, twins!! I bet you felt a liitle like passing out yourself when you heard that. ;) I'm sure all of you are pretty overwhelmed right now, you all will be in my thoughts.

Ditto.

beeniesmom
03-23-2006, 02:38 PM
:) wow

catnapper
03-23-2006, 03:28 PM
*Thank God * Thank God *Thank God * Thank God *Thank God * Thank God *Thank God * Thank God * Thank God * Thank God *Thank God * Thank God *Thank God * Thank God *Thank God * Thank God *

Those PT prayers sure work wonders.... its NOT twins, just one perfect little baby.

She's due June 27th :eek: Almost 7 months pregnant. I feel awful not noticing sooner.... she IS small and just recently showing. Its only the past week that she's "popped". I asked why we heard two heartbeats and the nurse suggested an echo or the baby's position. All I know is I felt RELIEF that its only one baby!!! I know step-daughter did too!

I have copies of the sonogram to scan in~ will do that ASAP. It was the most awesome thing I ever saw! All the little vertebrae. The heart beating, it kicking. Amazing. I almost cried at how beautiful it was. I felt like I could reach up and touch the baby. I can't wait to meet him/her... we TRIED to see if it was a he or a she, but they weren't cooperating. All the while my step-daughter was hyperventillating on the table as reality came slamming right into her.

We have another doctor appointment tomorrow at 11:00 to go over everything and catch up quick on pre-natal care and what she's going to expect the next few months.

Jessika
03-23-2006, 03:31 PM
SEVEN MONTHS ALONG! Wowwww!!

Anyway SO GLAD to hear it is just one baby and not twins! As if you aren't on short time to prepare anyway! Two months... wow. woooow.

prechrswife
Wow! What an experience! Praying for a healthy little blessing. :)

caseysmom
Maybe that second heart beat was gods way of making you thankful for something at this stressful time...you know kind of a things could be worse sort of reality check... Glad he or she is healthy, gosh Kim this will be hard but how exciting.

Cataholic
03-23-2006, 03:32 PM
WOW!!!! 7 months along? Let me tell you, NO ONE mistaked me for being pregnant at 7 months- LOLOL. I was as big as a house.

Fast forward, eh? Lots to do to get things ready for the big day! Kim, is she showing any emotion other than shock? Any? :(

caseysmom
03-23-2006, 03:36 PM
She must have known the babies kick pretty hard by that time, she must have been in denial or something.

catnapper
03-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Kim, is she showing any emotion other than shock? Any? :(
Fear, regret, humility, but most of all, just 100% pure shock

catnapper
03-23-2006, 03:38 PM
She must have known the babies kick pretty hard by that time, she must have been in denial or something.
I aksed her that, she said she thought it was just gas or indigestion.

Geesh, no wonder she had 3 servings of tacos the other night! She's been eating for TWO! :eek:

Cataholic
03-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Well, if truth be told- I was in some pretty heavy shock, too! For more than a moment- :o

Now? I am shocked at what my life was like BEFORE little Jonah :D

jenluckenbach
Due JUNE 27th??? OMG! :eek: But now I am dissapointed that is isn't twins. ;) (just kidding ya!)

Daughter doesn't have much time to prepare for being a mom, does she. :(

Best of luck with everything and congratulations.

caseysmom
She must have truly been fooling herself, well one things for sure she is going to grow up real fast now! Before she knows it she will be upset with her daughter for wearing her clothes too tight!

catnapper
03-23-2006, 03:42 PM
She must have truly been fooling herself, well one things for sure she is going to grow up real fast now! Before she knows it she will be upset with her daughter for wearing her clothes too tight!
Thats what we told her, that she'll have one kid just as stubborn as she was and all she'll do is pray that the kid won't make the same mistake she did, then groan when the kid does. I told her paybacks were awful bwahahahahaha... at least she smiled at that one.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Almost 7 months pregnant.

7 months??? :eek: :eek: Gee, Kim, you're just full of surprises today. ;)

Sorry, like Donna, I'm just trying to lighten this all up a bit. I know you must all be in total shock, especially your step-daughter. I can only imagine what is going through her mind right now. Like Jo, I'm wondering about her reaction....and also hubbys....everyone has to be in shock right now...

Corinna
03-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Wow willies grand baby and mine are all right around there too Clarissa is due the 18th. so glad it's not twins enough with a single.
Ps how is granddad doing with all this news?

caseysmom
03-23-2006, 03:45 PM
So is there dust flying where darling boyfriend use to be:?:?:?

Corinna
03-23-2006, 03:46 PM
I would loove to be a fly on the wall for tommorrows dinner with the other parents.

Pam
03-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Gosh Kim. So much to take in for both of you! She is due three days after my Robyn (Christiansmommy) and I think the day before Sara Loves Her Tinky (I think she is due on the 28th). There will be a population explosion here on PT this summer. :) I am glad you got her to smile. I think this is going to be a turning point in your relationship. :)

Lobodeb
03-23-2006, 03:54 PM
When the time is closer we need to have a cyber baby shower :D

Good call! Do you intend to find out the gender?

I've been following these threads, but this is my first time posting. Congratulations! I have to agree with Cataholic that this is truly a blessing. Someone else also said this isn't the time to browbeat her. She'll learn her lesson that first night home when the little one isn't sleeping. My pregnancy was planned, and that first week sure had me rethinking my actions. Now, I don't know what I did without my little stinker.

I hope your stepdaughter will come to realize what a tremendous support you are to her. And keep those tacos coming! :D

Husky_mom
03-23-2006, 03:59 PM
congrats on just one baby!! and altough its a shock to all keep us posted with more news and that cyber babyshower sounds good ;)

LOL i dont know how a 7 month preg could be thought of getting fat LOL not my case, i was just as Cataholic said, as big as a house LOL

anyway congrats grandma!!

Daisy and Delilah
03-23-2006, 04:00 PM
WOW WOW WOW!!!!! Kim, this is almost too much for me to process. 7 months??? WHOA!! I'm flabbergasted. I can't even imagine how you must feel ;)

catnapper
03-23-2006, 04:01 PM
No dust where boy toy used to be -- he doesn't know for sure yet. I'd like to be a fly on THAT wall when she tells him.

Ok folks, here's my grandbaby:
Ths one is really easy to see
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/profile-view.jpg

This one is a bit harder to get your bearings on but is actually a neater photo because you see all his/her features
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/Face-forward-view.jpg

Wow, two and a half months -- not much time is there? And last week my babies were my cats and I was dreaming of a puppy. Guess a puppy is out of the question for a while, eh? We'll have our hands full with an infant!

I shold take a photo of her -- when she's done the shock. Its really only been one week where she loos obviously pregnant. Up til now she just looked bloated

Jadapit
03-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Wow, seven months you have been on quite the ride today. ;) You are going to be an amazing grandma! Congrats to you. :D

Vermontcat
03-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Wow Kim, you are just full of surprises today!
I guess it's a good thing it's not twins, one baby will be enough to keep you all busy!
June is a great month for babies!
Samantha's 18th Birthday is June 26th so if your step-daughter has her baby that day she should name it Samantha for a girl or Sam for a boy. ;)

Laura's Babies
03-23-2006, 04:33 PM
I tell you one thing, she was in some mighty serious denial to think for a second that the baby moving was indigestion.. By this time, that little thing was stretching, kicking, doing flips and stuff, especially at night when she was trying to sleep!

JUNE? Hay! That shower better get in the works asap! Shucks, and I have to go to work next week and will be gone for 4 weeks.... DOG GONE! Maybe you can do it in MAY and I will be home... I am SOooooo excited for you Kim. This opens another whole new world to you, a whole new "role", new shoes to fill... So EXCITING! I am so happy I could just dance, dance, dance!

chrangharris
03-23-2006, 05:48 PM
Wow Kim! What a day for you guys! I'm sure you are all in shock and have a ton of different emotions going on- I know I do and I was planning on a baby! The U/S pictures are amazing! Congratulations and good luck with dealing/sorting everything out!

jazzcat
03-23-2006, 05:56 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
WOWZA! What a rollercoaster ride this thread is. I've been gone all day and now I sit down to read this. First I fell off my seat at the two heartbeats. Once I climbed back up and read on to discover she is 7 months along with just one I had to stop to pick my chin up off the desk. WOW!!!! Things are moving quickly here!

If it affected me this way I can't imagine how you guys must feel.

sandragonfly
03-23-2006, 06:13 PM
yikes..

denial - you didn't know, two heartbeats to seven months.. jeez. at least something took your grandjaime into a better path of life, sooner than later - new june girl, think it as must be for a reason.

warm thoughts for everyone and for the baby too! and congrats grandkim. :)

(I'd love to have twins someday) :D

popcornbird
03-23-2006, 06:31 PM
7 MONTHS?!?! :eek: And she didn't know? :confused: Gosh, she must have been in serious denial. Wouldn't it be obvious by now? Wasn't she feeling tired/sick at the beginning of pregnancy? Didn't she notice the disappearance of periods? Couldn't she FEEL the baby? Notice the greater food cravings? Had to go to the bathroom more often...? :D

I've never been pregnant, but I have a feeling the signs kick in much sooner than that. Especially if she's been having sex...how wouldn't the pregnancy thought have hit her? I think what shocked me more than the fact that she's pregnant is that in 7 months, she DIDN'T KNOW! :eek: How? She must have had a feeling at least. I can't believe she wouldn't have had a feeling, knowing she's been involved with her boyfriend, and that her body and feelings were suddenly changing. Wow.

What is the reaction of her father? Brother and sister? Are they beginning to adjust to the idea that they're going to be grandpa, uncle, and aunt? He he he. What about your stepdaughter? How is she feeling about this? She has ONLY 2 more months before she becomes a MOMMY!

But, thank God its just one little baby. :D Congrats grandma. ;) :D This is your first time having an infant in the house, right? You're going to have FUN once you get over the shock and dismay. No matter what the situation, babies are completely innocent, beautiful, a miracle from God, and pure joy. :)

Glacier
03-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Congratulations! I hope once the shock wears off that you will all be able to celebrate the new addition to your family!

It sounds like your step-daughter was in major denial, but it is actually quite possible for a woman to be well along in a pregnancy and not know it. I used to work with a young woman who it happened to. A nurse called me from the hospital telling me that she was asking for me to come in the delivery room with her. I told her she had the wrong number! I had seen the girl a few days before. She had gained weight, but not in a way that made her look pregnant. She looked healthy as she had needed to gain a few pounds! After some explaining from the nurse, I drove to the hospital and was present for the birth of a beautiful, healthy 6 pound baby girl! (who was adopted by a couple who had been waiting a decade for her!) The nurse told us that at least once a month a woman came in thinking she had appendisitis or some major stomach problem and left with an infant!

kimlovescats
03-23-2006, 07:37 PM
My goodness!!! Well, I think it's fair to say that only ONE baby is a good thing right now! ;) I cannot believe that she is already going into her 7th month though! WOW! Well, at least you won't have to anticipate its arrival for very long, and from the looks of the ultrasound you can rest assured that it is a healthy little one!!! What a miraculous week, huh?

Gosh, not much time to waste on preparing, is there? Get those creative juices flowing, Miss Designer!!! ;)

Hugs and Prayers!
Kim :)

*LabLoverKEB*
03-23-2006, 08:06 PM
W-O-W! :eek: This is just incredible! How exciting for you!!!! You're gonna be a grandma! You're gonna be a grandma! :D I think that's a good idea to get a picture of your step daughter. I can't believe that she's due in 2 months!!! :eek: :eek:

gemini9961
03-23-2006, 09:07 PM
All I can say is yikes. :eek: 7 months, how could she not know? She is in some serious denial. Wow Kim, my heartfelt best wishes for you and your family in this one. :)

catnapper
03-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Yup, she was in some serious denial. I think she still is in some aspects.

She's been in denial all night about how the father of the baby is going to react. She's on the phone telling her boyfriend right now and I don't think its going well because she started out talking on the couch and then suddenly ran upstairs :( This is the one thing I've worried most about for her. It'll crush her if he runs away... her mom did it to her and she has trust issues thanks to that. We can't imagine what it'll do to her if the father of her baby leaves her too :(

At least she's seeing how much the rest of her friends and family are supporting her. She started tearing up when I showed her the emails from my neighbor and my SIL about them giving us wonderful stuff for the baby (both families have 1 year old babies so they're thrilled ot get rid of all the infant stuff LOL) I don't think she realized just how much people are here for her.

kimlovescats
03-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Oh Kim, my heart aches for your poor daughter. Bless her heart, she has had a major bomb dropped on her, and so very young to deal with all of this. It's really going to be devastating if her boyfriend dumps her now. She is really going to need you right now, and I have no doubt that your arms are already open for her.

(((((((BIG HUGS))))))))
Kim

catnapper
03-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Well, he took it pretty bad. He cried and refused to believe her... then really didn't believe her when she told him when its due. :(

On a fun note, I went and copied the ticker Christine used for her baby, and made one for my grandbaby. Of course its a cat! :D

Cat's Meowm
03-23-2006, 09:57 PM
I think adoption should be considered. She's obviously not ready to be a parent; nor is the father. Do what's best for the baby. Many couples can't conceive that want to.

caseysmom
03-23-2006, 11:08 PM
To clarify a pregnancy is really 10 months, so Kims grandbaby is due in nearly 3 months...so its really more like 6 months in the terms that people are use to...but still....

I would think if she was intimate with her boyfriend he would have noticed the hard belly...she must not have put much weight on.

Now back to her, poor girl, she is not the first teenager to have sex for sure but she is in a low percentage of those girls to become a teen mother. I think this will actually help the family, it may be hard on you all but it seems at least how you and hubby are handling it that this may bring everyone together.

I hope the boyfriend when he gets over the shock is nicer about it, he may not be the best dad but this baby has a right to know his or her father and hopefully won't feel abandanded like she had to.

shais_mom
03-23-2006, 11:25 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
WOWZA! What a rollercoaster ride this thread is. I've been gone all day and now I sit down to read this. First I fell off my seat at the two heartbeats. Once I climbed back up and read on to discover she is 7 months along with just one I had to stop to pick my chin up off the desk. WOW!!!! Things are moving quickly here!

If it affected me this way I can't imagine how you guys must feel.

same here!
I think I about fell off my chair!
Prayers and thoughts on the way for you my friend. And your step daughter.
wowza

Corinna
03-23-2006, 11:29 PM
How is grandpa taking this all? Does he now realize you know what your talking about due to the fact you were a teen girl at one time. II'm getting the feeling BF is going to pull you cheated on me and it's not mine routine on your daughter grab a blood test as soome as possible. If your going to try to get him to help support the baby.

krazyaboutkatz
03-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Kim, Wow!:eek: I can't believe that she's this far along. I'm glad that it's only one baby because you'll have your hands full as it is. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. I hope that everything goes well and that she has a healthy baby.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-24-2006, 04:10 AM
7 months????? OMG - none of you will have much chance to get your heads around this before baby arrives!!

Even my hardened heart has soften towards your step-daughter - you all have my sincerest good wishes for a strong and healthy addition to your family and the best of luck for the future

jenluckenbach
03-24-2006, 05:18 AM
So Kim, when can we go BABY shopping??????

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Gosh Kim. So much to take in for both of you! She is due three days after my Robyn (Christiansmommy) and I think the day before Sara Loves Her Tinky (I think she is due on the 28th). There will be a population explosion here on PT this summer. :) I am glad you got her to smile. I think this is going to be a turning point in your relationship. :)

OMG 7 MONTHS!! :eek: Pam is right... :D She is due the day before me.. But I am OBVIOUSLY pregnant... and the baby flips and turns all the time..

I really feel like this is going to make you guys closer. And thank GOD it isn't twins.... This thread has been an amazing turn of events in every way. She will be in my prayers. Too bad you couldn't find out what the baby is... then you can go SHOPPING!!! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-24-2006, 05:53 AM
7 MONTHS?!?! :eek: And she didn't know? :confused: Gosh, she must have been in serious denial. Wouldn't it be obvious by now? Wasn't she feeling tired/sick at the beginning of pregnancy? Didn't she notice the disappearance of periods? Couldn't she FEEL the baby? Notice the greater food cravings? Had to go to the bathroom more often...? :D

I've never been pregnant, but I have a feeling the signs kick in much sooner than that. Especially if she's been having sex...how wouldn't the pregnancy thought have hit her? I think what shocked me more than the fact that she's pregnant is that in 7 months, she DIDN'T KNOW! :eek: How? She must have had a feeling at least. I can't believe she wouldn't have had a feeling, knowing she's been involved with her boyfriend, and that her body and feelings were suddenly changing. Wow.

Couldn't have said it better... , I don't understand this either..; !
I keep wondering why she didn' take any "precautions" :confused:

To late to feel sorry now. The baby is on it's way, so better get ready hey. I hope everything goes smoothly for her!!

Pam
03-24-2006, 05:56 AM
Lut, denial is a strange thing. We had a case here in the US a couple of years ago where a teenage girl was pregnant and went to her prom. She left her date for a few minutes and went to the bathroom and had her baby in the toilet and returned to her date as if nothing had happened. :eek: :eek: The mind is a strange thing for sure....

trayi52
03-24-2006, 06:36 AM
Wow! Kim just heard the news! This is wonderful! You, Corinna, and me are all having grandbabies. I say we are all very lucky women.

We are all going to do just fine as grandmommys. Kim, you will love it!

Congratulations to you and your hubby on becoming grandparents!!

Willie :)

catnapper
03-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Guys, we keep asking her HOW she didn't know, especially when it started to look pretty obvious this past week that she's pregnant. I have the feeling in the next few days she'll really start to "pop". I'm going to ask her if we can take a photo to save in her scrapbook just how she looked when she realized she was pregnant... which isn't all that much! We thought she might be around 3-4 months along because it really is just a puffy belly right now. I swear to you, when my family saw her this past Sunday, they had no clue. She was showing enough that we noticed but nobody else did. And it wasn't like she sat on the couch - she was on the floor playing with their toddlers and chasing after them, etc.

She was in some serious denial. I have the feeling if we didn't confront her, she'd have gone about thinking she just got fat and then woke us up on June 27th saying she's got appendicitis or something. I'm telling you that a part of her doubted it even after we heard a heart beat. You should have seen her face when the ultrasound tech showed the first glimpse of the baby on the screen.

As for adoption, the doctor brought it up, she considered it for a few hours until she saw the baby in the ultrasound. I told her that she needs to decide what SHE wants and that we'd be behind her 100% whichever way she chose. She chose to keep the baby (which thrilled hubby to no end.... oh by the way, hubby is as excited as I am now that we're over the initial shock) Believe me, this baby will never want for love and attention. Just because its a complete surprise and to a teen mother does not mean he's (or she's) unwanted.

Rachel
03-24-2006, 07:42 AM
As for adoption, the doctor brought it up, she considered it for a few hours until she saw the baby in the ultrasound. I told her that she needs to decide what SHE wants and that we'd be behind her 100% whichever way she chose. She chose to keep the baby (which thrilled hubby to no end.... oh by the way, hubby is as excited as I am now that we're over the initial shock) Believe me, this baby will never want for love and attention. Just because its a complete surprise and to a teen mother does not mean he's (or she's) unwanted.

Even though this situation is less than ideal, with the kind of love and support you and your hubby are offering, your step-daughter as well as your grandchild can have a happy and fulfilling life. This may not be what she wanted for this time in her life, but with your guidance and help, she has a good chance of seeing her life unfold in a positive way. Kudos to you and hubby for being willing to help her regardless of the poor choices she may have made.

JenBKR
03-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Wow Kim I just have to say that you are an amazing stepmom. Your step daughter is so lucky to have you. With all of that love and support, that's one lucky baby.

I know of a girl who didn't know she was pregnant until she went into labor. She was probably in some serious denial, but she did have her period the whole time, so I know it's possible. (((hugs))) to you and your family.

Cataholic
03-24-2006, 08:44 AM
Believe me, this baby will never want for love and attention. Just because its a complete surprise and to a teen mother does not mean he's (or she's) unwanted.

Now, THAT is what I am talking about folks!!! Major LES! ;)

Kater
03-24-2006, 08:59 AM
I'm not a Mom or Grandmom....but I just wanted to offer my wishes for a healthy little baby in 2 months! :D
You are gonna be the youngest Grammy on the block! ;) Congratulations, Grandma!

anna_66
03-24-2006, 09:02 AM
I've been following these threads Kim and I have to say I'm the one in shock this morning! When I seen your siggy that said 13 weeks till the baby I thought "woah, what did I miss?" I would have never thought she was that far along by the look of the pictures I seen. It's really a good thing you pushed her into having a test.

I'm very happy to hear that you and your husband are being so good about this, not a lot of parents do. Congratulations grandma! A baby is better than a puppy anyway;)

Rie Rie
03-24-2006, 09:07 AM
My daughter got pregnant at 17. The way she found out was she had gone with a friend to get the depo shot and they do a pregnancy test first. We didn't find out for several weeks and when we did, she wasn't upset about being pregnant, she was upset about disappointing her daddy. I was really upset about it at first, but that was very shortlived. My husband was just about devastated and suggested abortion right of the bat, but I told him there was no way in hell that she would do that. Friends suggested adoption, but I knew that she wouldn't consider that either, she loved kids. Anyway, after all the initial shock wore off, everyone was excited. The scarest part for us was telling my husbands parents, this would be their first great grandchild and my husband is the youngest of five kids.
THe father of this baby said he wanted to be a part of his life and paid to have a DNA test done to prove it was his. Needless to say, we've not heard from him since Christmas of 04.
She met a really good guy, actually they met right after her 17th birthday, but the boy was 21 and her daddy said NO!!! Then of course she was sneaking around with another 21 year old. Anyway, this new guy came back around when she was 3 months and has been with her ever since. In fact they got married in Oct. 04.
As far as school goes, I don't know how it works where you live, but here the doctor sent a note stating when the last day would be that she could attend school. After the baby was bron, they sent a teacher out to the three days a week until she was able to attend regular classes. She graduated with her class and then landed a good job at State Farm Ins., been there almost two years.
So as bad as the situation may seem, sometimes things do work out. My daughter and son in law started to paperwork for my son in law to adopt my grandson. The law here says that after 6 months of no contact, the biological parent loses his rights and in this case it's been over a year.
So, toes and fingers crosses, if all goes well, by the middle of April, my son in law will be named as his father on the birth certificate. Right now, the father is listed as unknown because she didn't want the real fathers name on it. So, good luck with everything and believe me when that baby gets here, you'll wonder what you ever did without him/her. I keep my grandson 5 days a week/ten hours a day.
Sorry if it seems like I'm babbling, but that's the short version of my story.

Lori Jordan
03-24-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm going throught the same thing right now my husbands daughter is 14 and pregnant....But there is nothing we can do she was in denial until she realized that she had to grow up over night but what can ya do? you can only raise them the best you can they think they are wise enough with there desicions and they have to live with them....

Lori Jordan
03-24-2006, 09:43 AM
I want to apologize im glad for you and your New Bundle of joy,Just with me she is 14 that is young and me and my husband will be raising this child she is 14 what would she do? and i forbid her to go on welfare ar anything like that in life i dont believe in "The easy way out" Im sure it will be better in time but what can ya do?she is having the baby next month im terrified for her i really am,I have 2 kids also 4 and 1 so i look at that too they will be growing up together im not in the best of moods about mine right at the moment i just wanted so much more for her

Donnaj4962
03-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Wow Kim.... I miss one day of work and look what I find!

Truly a rollercoaster as I see she is definitely pregnant, then with twins :eek: and now NOT twins! (I, too, had to pick myself up from the floor when I read twins!)

By the way, as has been alluded to in previous posts, twins do not always skip a generation. I have identical twin sisters, one of my twin sisters has fraternal twin girls. Another sister (not a twin) has identical twin boys and one of those boys and his wife are pregnant with twins!!!!! :eek: That's correct, 4 sets of twins in my immediate family!

Congratulations on many counts Kim! First, being a Grandmother! Second, a new potential bonding situation with your stepdaughter! Third, being a strong person (probably stronger than I could ever be in such a situation!)!!!

I admire you for the strength that you have shown through all of this. I am sending many prayers and positive thoughts for a good meeting tonight (whatever the results may be). And for a happy and healthy new addition to your family.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-24-2006, 10:39 AM
I'm happy to hear Hubby is excited. Seeing as how he was so protective of his eldest daughter and in a certain amount of denial himself, it's good to see he hasn't turned on her, but then again, he's your Hubby, Kim, so I knew he'd be loving and supportive too. :)

I'm also glad to hear that slow but sure reality is setting in for her. It's too bad the bf didn't take it all better, but I don't think you really expected anymore from him, and unfortunately, this is the wrong time for your daughter to find out the true side of him.

I find it hard to believe that in this day and age the kids and teachers at her school are so cruel! I'm sure that this is partially responsible for all her denial.

Just wanted to add.....a good source for baby stuff here in Chicago is Freecycle. Not sure if they have one in your area, but it's a Yahoo group where everything posted is free. Quite often I see baby clothes, strollers, play pens, etc offered there. Also Craigslist is a good place to find used items of all kinds. Can't say as I've ever done a search for baby items ;) but I'm sure they have lots.

Wonder how all the kitties are going to react to a baby being around? ;) :)

catnapper
03-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Today's uppydate :)

We bought some paint for the nursery today. I have no idea what the bedding and such will be -- especially since we don't know if its a boy or girl -- but its a pretty robin's egg blue that if its a girl will have pink & purple flowers painted on top, if its a blue, all the trim and such will be painted blue with whatever design we decide on. Hubby is DETERMINED she'll keep the baby in her room with her... I am DETERMINED the baby needs a nursery all their own. So guess who's going to be painintg a nursery while someone else is at work? Once its done, what can he say?

As for knowing whether its a boy or girl? We will not know until it comes screaming into the world. We apparently missed the window by a week or so. The baby is now too big and scrunched up. Right now, the names she's thinking of are some real winners :rolleyes: and I told her to get a little more traditional because everything she's picking out is REALLY trendy and sounds as if a teenager named the baby (which is what she is) but you don't want to do that because he/she is going to have that name for life and she won't always BE a teenager.

elizabethann
03-24-2006, 01:41 PM
oh...we should have a baby pool!!! :D

Lobodeb
03-24-2006, 01:55 PM
oh...we should have a baby pool!!! :D

:confused: What's a baby pool?

Christiansmommy
03-24-2006, 02:01 PM
:confused: What's a baby pool?

I think it's when you guess boy or girl.

elizabethann
03-24-2006, 02:03 PM
I think it's when you guess boy or girl.

yep.

Christiansmommy
03-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Today's uppydate :)

We bought some paint for the nursery today. I have no idea what the bedding and such will be -- especially since we don't know if its a boy or girl -- but its a pretty robin's egg blue that if its a girl will have pink & purple flowers painted on top, if its a blue, all the trim and such will be painted blue with whatever design we decide on. Hubby is DETERMINED she'll keep the baby in her room with her... I am DETERMINED the baby needs a nursery all their own. So guess who's going to be painintg a nursery while someone else is at work? Once its done, what can he say?

As for knowing whether its a boy or girl? We will not know until it comes screaming into the world. We apparently missed the window by a week or so. The baby is now too big and scrunched up. Right now, the names she's thinking of are some real winners :rolleyes: and I told her to get a little more traditional because everything she's picking out is REALLY trendy and sounds as if a teenager named the baby (which is what she is) but you don't want to do that because he/she is going to have that name for life and she won't always BE a teenager.

Fun! I am in the same process. Jeremy's room is partly painted...Rob will have to do the rest, b/c I get too many Braxton Hicks Contractions and need to rest. HIs room is a baby blue on the bottem half of the walls, and has 2 inch pale yellow stripes painted over the blue...we will do a white chair rail and the top will remain white...our theme is pretty much pale blue, yellow and white w/stars. When it is finished I will post pics. We have a white crib and dresser,the valance is blue and white stars and the curtains are a pale yellow and white stripe. Can't wait for it to be done!!

Can't wait to hear names too!! :)

Lobodeb
03-24-2006, 02:11 PM
We painted Hugito's room not knowing he was a boy. You may or may not know that we didn't want to know the gender before he was born, waited about 8 months, then a nurse slipped and told me when I was having an ultrasound. :mad:

His room is a seafoam green on the bottom, sky blue with clouds on top and a Winnie the Pooh border that separates the 2 colors in the middle.

Karen
03-24-2006, 02:47 PM
There are many non-gender specific things you can buy anyway, and lots of colors that don't signify gender. And baby won't care if her walls are blue or his walls are pink!

Baby's gonna be a summer baby, and won't need a whole lot of clothes right away anyway, diaper, t-shirt and socks is even too much in some summer weather!

She will quickly learn who her real friends are. How did the appointment at school, and the prenatal appointment go?

Laura's Babies
03-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Hasn't this all turned into the most exciting thing??? I am STILL so excited I could POP! I just wish the Mom to Be could catch some of our excitement and get on this bandwagon with us.. I bet she is in just such a state of shock and fear..

Kim, have you ((((HUGGED)))) her and told her how thrilled you are? Has her Dad? 13 weeks huh? WOW! Not much time to prepare.

I agree with whoever suggested to look into freecycle in your area. That seems to be a great orginazation and you could hit the big time on there if the time is just right and get a lot of what you need for free.. You can also post "in search of" on there too so get busy! http://freecycle.com/

catnapper
03-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Ok, at the risk of her killing me here she is. You tell me this kid looks 26 weeks pregnant!
Here she is Sunday at my mom's house.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/6months1.jpg

Honestly, in the near-week since then she HAS started showing more. Here's this morning when I told her she HAD to have photographic evidence of what she looked like when she found out. My neighbor told her she wished she did the same thing - but when she was pregnant she felt to self-conscious and now she'd kill to have pregnancy photos. Love my neighbor! :D

Sitting down saying "Oh my God! You are such a DORK!" when I was taking the photo :p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/6months2.jpg

Standing forward, with the comments being downgraded to "I can't believe I'm playing along with this :rolleyes: ".
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/6months4.jpg

Downgraded further to "lets get this over with"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/6months3.jpg

I'd like to reiterate that in the past few days she's really started to pop. I would bet by this time next week she'll look every bit her almost-7-months-pregnant.

ramanth
03-24-2006, 03:37 PM
You'll be an awesome grandma, Kim! :) Your daughter is very pretty. It's easy to see she has the pregnancy glow. :)

My co-worker is 4 months along and she's huge! We feel bad for when she hits the 9 month mark. She probaby won't be able to walk.

JenBKR
03-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Wow she really doesn't look seven months along, at least not to me. Is she starting to get excited at all yet?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-24-2006, 04:10 PM
At least she's smiling in the last pic. ;)

I think it would be easier to tell if she wasn't wearing the jacket thingy and I think you'd really be able to tell if she just had the t-shirt on and tucked the bottom under the belly....I seem to remember....was it Missy?...who had pictures like that and I think it really emphasizes the belly. Might want to wait until she's a little more used to the idea of being pregnant in the first place to suggest this though. ;)

I'm glad it sounds like she's getting over the shock and is maybe(?) starting to have a little fun - what with the decorating and all? Sounds like you're having a ball now that the shock has worn off. :D

kimlovescats
03-24-2006, 04:21 PM
She looks very cute, and I think it's great that you are playing it up now ... she needs to feel a sense of pride in her body and for her precious baby!!!
I still have to wonder how she didn't know something was up .... for those who have had babies ... UMMM, think about the obvious changes that happen above the waist??? :rolleyes: ;) :D

Well, maybe she thought those things happened when you get on the pill. ;)

jenluckenbach
03-24-2006, 05:14 PM
WOW, so many updates I missed. (darned job :rolleyes: )

I am glad you got her to pose for photos. Later on she might even be a little more willing. :D

When the "room switch" happened, did she get the upstairs room with the extra room next to it (or was that Heather?? I forget). If she did, that would be perfect, nursery right next to mom.

How is she feeling today? (emotionally as well as physically)

Jods
03-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Kim,
I am all teary eyed reading this thread. First off lets start with a congrats to the whole family. Second since this was all such a shock maybe your daughter will benifit from some counseling or something to that effect. Since its coming so fast and shes so far along I doubt its still really hit her and we always read horror stories about teenagers being suprised with babies (not saying she'll do anything bad) but her and the father seem to be in a state of shock they may both be able to benifit from it. I also wanted to add I am a new mother at 21 so I wanted to say if she EVER has any questions or anything seeing as how I just went through it all she can feel free to email me at anytime to ask me ANYTHING! I can give you my email by PM if you want. I know there are tons of questions I had when I was preggers and I know sometimes teenagers would rather not ask their parents these types of questions. Last I am a part of a great forum called baby and me it goes through all stages of pregnancy and right up until teen years with support and love. there is even a section for teen mommies only where a whole bunch of teen mommies share questions and concerns here is the website:

http://www.yabbers.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=wwwmommyandmeco&sid=b14894001bec402cab73b16498309384

Good luck I hope all goes well with your daughter. A great book for her to read would be what to expect when your expecting it was my bible through thte whole nine months. Good luck!!

Christiansmommy
03-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Another great site is www.pregnancy.org . You may even want to check there yourself, and lurk. They have tons of forums about everything...and you can find the June 2006 birth board to lurk at what everyone else in her same month is going thru right now. I just lurk, am not a member, but it can be helpful just to read posts. They may even have a teen mom section.

Jods
03-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Some things you may want to discuss:

I thought of a few things you may want to discuss with her,

Breastfeeding/formula feeding
circumcision vs. not circumsized (if its a boy)
pain relief during labor: ex epidural, pain meds or natural child birth

Make a list of everything she needs for the hospital if you google this you will find a list of items to bring, I'll try to find you one... Ask about how long her stay will be average is 2 days or 4 is ceasection. Make a birth plan I will PM you mine as an example.

moosmom
03-25-2006, 09:13 PM
I wonder if it is possible to determine paternity now somehow

Yes, it's called DNA. It'll put to rest any doubt about who the father is. Make SURE you get him for child support.

Kim,

It'll be nice to spoil a grandkid, huh?? I noticed TWINS was mentioned. Is it one or two??

Catty1
03-25-2006, 09:35 PM
She is a lovely girl! After she "kills" you for posting her pic here, have your ghost tell her how many people thought she was lovely, and how all are willing to help you and her!

Catty1

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Yes, it's called DNA. It'll put to rest any doubt about who the father is. Make SURE you get him for child support.

Kim,

It'll be nice to spoil a grandkid, huh?? I noticed TWINS was mentioned. Is it one or two??

It's one baby, thank goodness. (I was hoping for two, but one is nice too!)

I'm so excited for you, Kim. :) I can't wait!

My Peanuts
03-27-2006, 11:47 AM
7 months! Wow! I'm so excited for you. :) Congrats again!

NoahsMommy
04-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Um...WOW!!! I KNEW I'd missed a HECK OF A LOT! But didn't expect this. :)

Kim, you have always been amazingly wonderful and this example makes you SHINE. :D

Congrats to the family...and your step-daughter. You've all been through quite a shock and you're handling it like a trooper. You guys are great.

LOTS AND LOTS of people wouldn't have ben so lucky (her)... or loving... (you and dad). Did I say I thought you were great yet? ;)

Its amazing she looks nowhere near 7 mos. But it happens. I work with a girl that is 6 mos. and she's FINALLY starting to look like there's a baby in there. :)

LOTS of luck and love to you all. Especially the soon to be mommy. I can only imagine the fear and apprehension she feels. But she must know you and hubby are there for her...and baby and I'm positive that eases her. God bless you, Kim.

Love, Kelly :D

sirrahbed
04-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Just reading all the way through this thread.....
:eek:..... :confused: ....... :eek: ....... :) .......
don't have a smily for happy tears expecially when I read all of the excitement and anticipation.

This baby sure has captured PT :D