PDA

View Full Version : This is the way Afghanistan says thank you?

Pam
03-23-2006, 06:32 AM
We go in and liberate a country and now they plan to kill one of their own because he has converted from Islam to Christianity. It was amusing to hear on Good Morning America today that if this was a woman or someone who was pronounced insane they would not be subject to the death penalty. Does this mean that a woman is viewed as no more competent than an insane person? The whole thing has me scratching my head and mad at the same time. :mad: :mad:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/22/bush/index.html

Edwina's Secretary
03-23-2006, 08:29 AM
All along one of my concerns has been our assumption that "Western" concepts will be accepted in the Middle East.

This is a country where, until recently, a woman could be beaten if her footfall made a noise. I don't think we can understand and that is a HUGE roadblock to success.

RICHARD
03-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Does this mean that a woman is viewed as no more competent than an insane person?

You never met my old girlfriend, Kathy. :confused: ;)

elizabethann
03-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Here's an update:
An Afghan man threatened with execution because he converted from Islam to Christianity is expected "to be released in the coming days," an official says.

RICHARD
03-28-2006, 07:25 PM
He's out of jail and I pray he get's out of town.

Pam,

I understand your thoughts about this story.

I was listening to the radio on the way home and a gent was talking about the generational ideas of religion that reside in that part of the world.

We, as the leaders of the 'free' world need to be patient, especially about stories like this.

It all starts with one man, person or human being.

Someplace, I see a green flag start.

It's the Human Race, ya know? ;)