PDA

View Full Version : annoying friends getting a purebred

icedtea
03-23-2006, 03:20 AM
ok everyone has annoying friends. my friend ive grown up with is going to get a kitten,2 months after her dad said they would never get a kitten and called my mum soft for getting me one. ok they are going to get a burmese because they apparently like the breed. theres one that visits them, about a twelve week old which is allowed to wander around by itsself :mad: and so they have suddenly decided to get one. i cnanot see their thinking behind it,seriously.yes, this is coming from the person who wnated to be a breeder and then saw sense lol.

ok theres a 7 week old boy they can get, and theres week old babies. the family knows zilch about cats and is thinking they might get the boy and bring him homeon sunday. grr. seriously, before I got my kittens I read every book in the library about feeding and caring for cats. my friends mum says that they might choose one of the baies if it "chooses them" like comes up to them. at a week old babies dont usually even have open eyes!! so you can see how much they know about cats.

and now my sort of friend (the one who's getting the cat) and my ex friend are calling me jealous because gemma will get attention because she might have a kitten. yea right, I just want kittens to go to a good home!

im sorry about this thread but i had to express my annoyance in some way.

Laura's Babies
03-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Have you asked them how much they know about that breed? Read up all you can and then aske "Did you know this? Did you know they are known for that?" Maybe your job in this situation is to educate them?

Catty1
03-23-2006, 08:53 AM
If you have a book on kitten care that you aren't using, offer to lend it. I like Laura's idea of making the information interesting.

"There is some really neat stuff in this book! I had no idea that etc etc etc." Just one or two things. Show them a cute picture or two in the book. THEN your friend should want to borrow it for sure!

Good luck! You have knowledge to share - make it fun!

hugs
Catty1

moosmom
03-23-2006, 09:16 AM
It's sad that because someone will be paying a breeder big money for a purebred cat, rather than give a home to a Burmese rescue, another unwanted shelter kitty will die. :(

catmandu
03-23-2006, 09:37 AM
And the thing is that you are well to be concerned.
These are the kind of people who will get a kitten,and then get tired of the Kitten when she becomes a Cat,and ignore thier Pet.
Or worse try to make some money with her,by having her have Kittens.
I will pray for that Kitten.
Hank must have been the apple of someones eye,not hes a Porchie.

G535
03-23-2006, 05:45 PM
There's not much you can do if they have already decided on a purebred, just try and make sure they look after the kitten properly. :)

catmandu
03-23-2006, 06:05 PM
And Ragnar was a Pure Bred Maine Coon,and they got tired of brushing him,and let him out like an Alley Cat.
Thank God hes been rehomed.
Tomorrow is Operation Hank.and I pray that hes a sucess too.
I bet he'll look wonderful when hes cleaned up.

icedtea
03-24-2006, 02:44 PM
i think there will be a high chance of purebred burmese kittens there,because theres a burmese girl kitten living next door to them! my friends are thinking about getting a boy! my friend has done someresearch on the internet, i no that because she told me, but im still worried.

yea i also worry they might ignore it, because they want to get a chocolate burmese boy, and one of them lives next to meand myfriend said it was UGLY! :mad: and it looks exactly how her kitten would turn out!!

catmandu
03-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Purrsonally I Dont Think That There Are Ugly Cats.
But If They Breed These Cats,that Have No Papers Thier Kittens Will Be Worth No More Than Regular Cats.
And Any Ethical Breeder Is Not Going To Sell A Kitten For Back Yard Breeding,as It Cheapens The Line.
I Pray For These Cats.

icedtea
03-24-2006, 11:45 PM
yes, all cats are beautiful, yet myfriend thinks that she will love her kittywhen its older because she will have grown up with it,I wonder if she will think it was ugly even if she loved it topieces??!

jackie
03-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Ok, I just skimmed this thread fast (sorry in a bit of a rush), and while I would never buy an animal, a pet is forever so you might as well get what you want.

As long as the person goes to a reputable breeder, I donīt see a problem in obtaining a pet from a breeder.

P.S. If I missed something about them adopting from a BYB or otherwise, sorry.