PDA

View Full Version : South East Pet Talk Location

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-24-2002, 07:44 AM
Now that we know that we want a SE Pet Talk Meeting. Where should it be?!

If you have a suggestion other than the options in the poll, please post it.

AmberLee
04-24-2002, 10:13 AM
Well, I've voted my preference in location, but the real attraction is the wonderful people who will be there so it's not that big a deal (and I think I'm speaking for many, here). However settling on one location makes this happy dream come a bit closer, so I'M EXCITED we're voting on a location, guys!!!! (Ahem, or should I say "ya'll"? Hee hee!)

jennifert
04-24-2002, 10:45 AM
I voted for DC only becuase it is so much more "doable" for me. It is within a day's drive from here so I could bring Thelma and maybe Duncan....And if we have it in October, I could pick up Aly too!!

thelmalu99
04-24-2002, 11:45 AM
I'll also go with DC because it's closer.
But Atlanta would be fine with me, too.

Fuzzy317
04-24-2002, 01:55 PM
I voted Atlanta, its only about 30 minutes from me. :) I am doubtful I could make DC. :(

Logan
04-24-2002, 03:25 PM
Seems to me that maybe we need to plan two separate meetings. DC is awfully for some of those further south, and Atlanta is awfully far for some of you further north. So maybe some of us (:D) could do both...... I'm hoping, anyway. But what do you think about planning an Atlanta trip, and a DC trip, on separate weekends??

Helen and I would definitely make Atlanta. Shoot I used to drive to Atlanta 3 times per week for work! Anyway, and if possible we would certainly like to try and go to DC as well. :)

jennifert
04-24-2002, 04:22 PM
Honestly, I plan on coming either way to Atlanta OR DC. I voted DC because it is much more convenient but if I am honest about it, I plan on doing eveything in my power to attend either way!!!! Could we do a "dual Pet Talk" meeting? Maybe some of us meet in DC, others in Atlanta on the same day and then meet in the middle somewhere the next day. I will have a car, albeit a small Honda, but I can drive anywhere, anytime....

anna_66
04-24-2002, 06:42 PM
I want to go if its in either place, they are both pretty much the same distance from me, I think!

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-24-2002, 08:12 PM
Perhaps Logan in right. We can have two if that would be easier on people.

I would come to either one. I can drive to Atlanta but would probably fly to DC.

Let's give it a few more days and see what others think as well.
I hope we have this before December coz the Army may be sending us to Hawaii!

jackiesdaisy1935
04-24-2002, 08:48 PM
Depending on healthwise, I would go to Atlanta, I don't think we would go to D.C., as we wouldn't be in for the sights, just the socializing. lol If I go Don would come with me.
Everyone decide which is better for everybody as it will all depend on my health whether we go or not and I don't want to influence any decisions.
Jackie

Fuzzy317
04-24-2002, 08:50 PM
I agree, we may need to have one in Atlanta, to actually be a Southeast meeting, and one in DC for mid-atlantic people.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-25-2002, 12:58 AM
Weeeellll........
I wanna vote for both, Atlanta is too close to say no but I would love to see D.C.
I just don't think the hubby will let me travel to D.C. alone http://www.colute.net/cwm/contrib/edoom/puppy_dog_eyes.gif
But untill then I can get some brown-nosin in!!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-29-2002, 08:10 AM
Well, it seems that DC has gotten more votes than Atlanta but some Pet Talkers think we should have two meetings. I agree.
What do you guys think?

Fuzzy317
04-29-2002, 11:35 AM
It seems we are divided on where, so it may be that two different meetings would be best, one in DC and one in Atlanta. :confused:

Karen
04-29-2002, 12:01 PM
Perhaps a deciding factor would be when! It does seem like there's a decent-sized Atlanta area crowd, would Atlanta folks NOT come if it's in DC? Many of the people who voted DC seem to be people who are further north. Would people who voted DC NOT come if it were in Atlanta?

When were folks thinking on this meeting? Fall? Summer? When?

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-29-2002, 12:41 PM
Ok. So if you voted, would you please post a time?

I voted Atlanta (but still would go to DC if only one meeting is held). I was thinking something in July, perhaps?

Dixieland Dancer
04-29-2002, 12:53 PM
I voted DC because it is only 5 1/2 hours from me instead of 12 and I could possibly bring my babies with me! The pups coming with me is still not for sure. It depends on where, when, and the itinary. I was thinking sometime in the fall. Perhaps a Labor Day gathering!

Atlanta is a little more difficult but definitely not ruled out. I like the idea of one meeting but whatever works best for everyone is the important thing. ;)

jennifert
04-29-2002, 01:17 PM
I would really like to have one big meeting because I dont' think I could swing 2 separate ones financially or time-off from work. And there are people going to both that I really want to meet!!! The end of July would work for me and/or Labor Dayish... I may be able to bring Duncan to DC because my brother lives nearby. But if it's in Atlanta, I'll do my best to be there!

aly
04-30-2002, 01:48 AM
I could possibly make one providing I could get time off work. We have the telethon at the end of June and I can't take off until after that. I'll be flying so either city would work for me. Like Jennifer though, I couldn't make both. Hopefully I can bring Reece on the plane. I'll only bring him if others are bringing their dogs too though. I felt bad last time like my dogs were holding us back. Lolly won't be able to come. She was too stressed when we just drove 3 hours away. I'd hate to take her on a plane. That'd really freak her out.

I think I'll vote for Atlanta because I've always wanted to go there.