PDA

View Full Version : sam update

dab_20
03-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Well I took Sam to his vet appointment because of the sore on his face. (see here: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=101194) He's 19 pounds now, only 1 pound less then his dad! They gave him some antibiotic ointment and we asked about getting him nuetered because of his marking problems. Well my mom set an appointment for Tuesday and Molli will get spayed that day too. I'm very nervous! The vet told us to keep them seperated and calm for a whole week. That will be extremely hard! Any hints? I will have to keep one in the kitchen and one in the living room. I feel bad for whoever has to go in the kitchen because they will be alone... :( But they will take turns with each other. We also have to take them out on a leash to go potty. They also went to petsmart today and we got them new toys and collars!

.sarah
03-23-2006, 12:16 AM
It won't be too hard to keep them calm, they'll both be very groggy. Nova is normally a very active dog, always on the go, but for about 4-5 days after her spay she just slept. She did not want to do anything.

Pembroke_Corgi
03-23-2006, 06:55 AM
I'm glad to hear that Sam is ok and that they will be getting spayed and neutered. It will be hard to keep them seperated maybe but Sarah is right, they will probably be pretty interested in sleeping instead of playing.

anna_66
03-23-2006, 08:23 AM
It's good to hear Sam is alright.

Good luck with the spay/neuter on Tuesday!

dab_20
03-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the replies. .sarah, I hope my dogs are the same way. We got my RB cocker spaniel spayed when she was 6 months old and she was very active the day after her spay! I think we won't seperate them unless they start playing and running around. We do have a baby gate seperating the kitchen and living room.