PDA

View Full Version : Can't a girl get a drink around here? Thursday 152

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Sheesh, nobody around, place locked up tighter than a drum. Hey....fresh cherries....and the coals from the fire are still warm...hmmmm.....my detectiveness is telling me someone was here not too long ago.....AHA! A great clue, a glass in the sink with melted cubes and left over tomato juice....hmmmmm....wait....the coffee pot is still warm too! And what's this? Looks like a bunny tail to me.......

I'll just have to make myself a picture of slushies while I try to deduce what went on here. Maybe somebody else will stop by to help me drink these slushies and work on this mystery.....

Laura's Babies
03-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Pour up me a cup of that coffee! I sure need a cup..... been a rough day!

lbaker
03-22-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm glad there are still some hot coals left, something tells me a cozy fire would be very comforting. I think Orc left a handy pile of wood by the back door. Thanks Buddy! Debbie, about that bunny tail.. don't tell LH but I have a sneaking suspicion Lady got a wee bit "friendly" with my bunny slippers :rolleyes: No biggie, ain't nothin' but a thang ;) Did anyone get a picture of Gini in her nightie :eek:

RedHedd
03-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Aha! I was wondering who was going to open the bar today! Bunny tails, eh? I have a favorite bath supplies shop - Lush - and in their latest e-mail to me there's a new soap in the shape of a bunny AND it has a cute little tail! I MUST go get one or two or just let them multiply on their own :D Go to http://www.lush.com to get your own bunny soap :D

http://images.northamerica.lush.com/zoom/2467.jpg

A cuppa would go good right now as it's aftrernoon and my energy is flagging.

trayi52
03-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Any coffee left for a poor lost soul that hasn't been around much lately? My daughter Lindsey and her husband, Sam has moved in with us while they rentivate their house. Her baby is due any day now. So I am going to be a granny again real soon! We also have an extra kitty cat living with us, white, and I mean all white, by the name of Moo. Grover don't like him very much!

Anyway, Coffee, Please?

Willie :)

Lady's Human
03-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Uh oh, I'm the only guy in here? RICHARD!!!! GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE!!!!

Now that Lady has been worn out (I cheated, laser pointers are great puppy exercisers), I can play bartender for a while.

Trayi, One coffee, however you want it!

Laura's babies, One coffee, right at ya!

Lbaker, anything you want, you've got it.

Any orders from the Redhead?

I'm going to have a cup of Irish, made with Bushmills, cream, sugar and whipped cream on top instead of bailey's. Anyone else want one?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-22-2006, 07:50 PM
What's with all the coffee? Happy hour as definitely started, so I'll have a slushie, or two or three.

Yup, Laurie, snuggling up on the couch in front of good toasty fire is always comforting. Thanks ahead of time for the slushie, LH.

Lady's Human
03-22-2006, 07:57 PM
One slushie, Right at ya, T+P (No, Mario, I didn't mean for YOU to throw it!) :eek:

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-22-2006, 08:13 PM

Now that Lady has been worn out (I cheated, laser pointers are great puppy exercisers), I can play bartender for a while.

Trayi, One coffee, however you want it!

Laura's babies, One coffee, right at ya!

Lbaker, anything you want, you've got it.

Any orders from the Redhead?

I'm going to have a cup of Irish, made with Bushmills, cream, sugar and whipped cream on top instead of bailey's. Anyone else want one?

I'll take one LH, lots of whipped cream.

RedHedd
03-22-2006, 09:56 PM
I'm SO beat from a rough couple of days at work. I think I'll take a chamomile tea and head off to bed. I'm even taping Lost and cheated by checking the American Idol message boards to see who got kicked off tonight.

Bye-bye Chicken Little

Corinna
03-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Hi all i'll take a DLC getting over a horrible cold. Only 2weeks til my mom comes for several months. and 3 months until my grand baby arrives .
Hey willie looks like our girls are on the same track. do you know what youers is we are having a girl Charity jean.

Lady's Human
03-22-2006, 10:19 PM
one chamomile tea, Red. Anyone else? My word it's quiet in here tonight. Lady, No, I don't need the excitement of you and Mario tormenting Orc. Speaking of Orc, where's David with the remote?

Corinna
03-22-2006, 10:25 PM
oh sorry I had the remote Slick and i were here last night I left it be hind the bar.
How are you doing tonight Slick?

Lady's Human
03-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Whew, thought I was going to have to go into the L+F for the remote.

one DLC, right at ya!

I'm sitting here drinking my Irish out of a funny cup with a kitty on the handle. :D

moosmom
03-22-2006, 10:39 PM
I'll take a double Raspberry Martini please. Let the raspberries float in the bottom of the glass.

How is everyone this evening?? Crank up the fire and the music please!

Lady's Human
03-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Umjmmmmmmmm,

There WERE some raspberries in here........ :p

Mario was throwing them at lady.

I think.....Here we go, two un squished raspberries and a raspberry martini!

gini
03-22-2006, 11:18 PM
HEY, CRASH, BANG, BOOM, SPLAT!!!.............ooops, sorry, I stumbled over Lady....I didn't see her lying right in front of the door.

Well, I'm here, and it isn't quiet now, is it?

Coffee? - Heck no...........now what exactly does go into those Rasberry Martinis? I have the lemon drop recipe down pat......gotta move on to the other fruits though.

Hmm, wait a minute - LOH said something about lots of whipped cream, and that does sound good. O.k. I will settle for Irish Coffee and ask around for that Raspberry M. recipe.

Right, Laurie, and you think I would just let anyone take pictures of me in my nightie? Precious, just precious!

Karen, our mayor, mentioned some type of tea - was it blackberry? I have been thinking about that ever since I saw it - maybe it was blueberry........
gotta go back and check.

I found it - it was BLUEBERRY...........I must get some of that tea. It sounds so yummy.

Laura's Babies
03-22-2006, 11:31 PM
REFILL on that coffee PLEASE! Hay! Who has the peanuts and pretzels? Pass them on along will ya!?

davidpizzica
03-23-2006, 05:36 AM
YAWN! Geez, that door's heavy! Here I am opening up the bar and giving LH a hand. I have coffee going and slushies on the way. I got Orc to get firewood and I'll get a cozy fire going. I found a rabbit's tail on the floor and I'm wondering what happened here last night?

trayi52
03-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Corinna, at first the Doctor said it was a girl, now he is 99% sure that it is going to be a boy! Due any day now!! He hasn't got a name yet, except, Hey You, Little Boy! We going to be Grannies at about the same time? Wowee! I'll be glad when the baby gets here. Just hope and pray everything goes well. Prayers that it does, please.

I'll have some coffee, please.

Hope everybody is doing okay, I haven't been here in a long while. So fill me in and let me know how you are all doing.

lbaker
03-23-2006, 08:32 AM
It's so nice to see you Willie! Things just keep rolling along around here. It's still our "safe haven" when the outside world gets a bit much :rolleyes: Mario has been a perfect little gentleman and except for occasional mischief making with his new pal Lady (totally not their fault mind you) ;) he has been a love and a comfort. He has some new party outfits to show you when you have time - and a sense of humor. Have a seat and some biscuits with homemade apple butter, I was up early this morning ~
Laurie

trayi52
03-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Sounds real nice, Laurie. I'll take you up on that invitation. Thanks for the real nice Welcome back! I needed that very much,indeed!

gini
03-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Willie, it REALLY is nice to see you back here. As you can see the place is still standing. There may be a few new faces so we will introduce you when they stop by.

Do you have any pictures of your new home?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Hey, at least I didn't have to do the Marine revelry this morning to get everybody up and at 'em. ;)

Laurie, you always come up with THE best breakfasts!! I'll take you up on those biscuits and apple butter. My mother used to LOVE apple butter so we had it in the fridge all the time.

Willie, it's wonderful to see you here again. We've missed you, and as you can see by all the cherry pits strewn about the place, Mario has missed your discipline. ;) :D Tell us more about Moo! Seeing as Grover has the infamous tortitude, I'm not surprised she's not thrilled with a new kitty in the house. :D

Corinna
03-23-2006, 10:37 AM
LH thought you'd enjoy that funny kitten after having so many at home :D did the rest of the box get rerouted to the ark?
Willie : We are sure it's a girl she was very co opertive to allow us to be sure.The dad wasn't so happy but he's getting used to pink in the house now.
I think a round of drinks for the house to welcome catnapper to the grannie club Twins for her daughter .

RedHedd
03-23-2006, 01:17 PM
I'll take a double Raspberry Martini please. Let the raspberries float in the bottom of the glass. I'm trying to get my brain wrapped around raspberries floating at the bottom. Is there something oxymoronic about that or is it just plain moronic or maybe I'm just thinking too much and need to actually drink one :rolleyes: :p

lbaker
03-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Oh my! :D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-23-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm trying to get my brain wrapped around raspberries floating at the bottom. Is there something oxymoronic about that or is it just plain moronic or maybe I'm just thinking too much and need to actually drink one :rolleyes: :p
:D I think after 3 or 4 of them you'll grasp the idea pretty well. :eek: :D

Isn't it funny how sometimes we just analyze little things like this to death? I'll do that sometimes while we're driving in the motorhome. I'll see a billboard or something that really makes no sense. I'll mention it to Terry and he just won't be able to see what I'm talking about. I've learned to just chuckle to myself and bring it up again around friends who'll get it. ;)

Afternoon here, so bring on the slushies.....or maybe one of those lemon drop martinis, or even a raspberry one with raspberries floating on the bottom. ;)

lbaker
03-23-2006, 01:59 PM
I've made raspberry lemonade before, let's have Gini make some lemon drop martini's and float raspberries on the bottom of them :rolleyes: ;)

Corinna
03-23-2006, 03:59 PM
correction Catnappers only going to have a single . But due around June 27th Makes about 4 grand babies on pet talk in June. Wow population explosion.

Lady's Human
03-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Corinna, the rest of the box has been rerouted, funny, but it's damned near impossible for me to get to the PO to mail a package, and I WORK FOR THEM. (Can't do it on the clock, and I'm on the clock during the day, makes it a pain)

I'll get the blender going for the slushies, and would you like your martinis shaken or stirred, Madame>

davidpizzica
03-23-2006, 04:10 PM
LH, I need a slushie, too. I've been shopping and running around most of the day, Maybe two slushies with raspberries??

Corinna
03-23-2006, 04:13 PM
I haven't really talked to Gina in a while since she started school and I thought the shirt would be good for her acting class. Glad you liked the mugs I saw them and just seemed you needed them.

Lady's Human
03-23-2006, 04:22 PM
I'll just keep making slushies until I have to go to work or everyone passes out on the couch! :D

LOH had to go out to get more raspberries, this time we won't let Mario know they're in the fridge.

davidpizzica
03-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Good idea, LH, what Mario doesn't know won't hurt him!

slick
03-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Worrisome libations: Survey shows workers don't wait till after work to go out for drink
Posted 3/16/2006

By Justin Bachman

(AP) - So, that annual ritual of green excess and beer is at hand this week. On a Friday, no less.

But not everyone waits until after work for a libation, a survey conducted in the United States suggests. More than a fifth of 2,050 workers said they had gone out for a drink during their workday, and 10 per cent said they have a drink at lunch at least once weekly.

Men are more likely to drink than women during work - 30 per cent versus 19 per cent.

IT and government workers ranked highest in the field of St. Pat's Day drinking, with respective amounts of 15 per cent and 10 per cent. Accounting and finance folks led in the category of workers who acknowledge drinking on company time during a regular workday at 29 per cent, followed by 28 per cent of IT workers and 24 per cent of manufacturing workers.

The results are from an e-mailed survey, "Drinks on the Job," of 2,050 workers that was conducted by jobs site CareerBuilder.com between Nov. 15 and Dec. 6, 2005. The company is owned jointly by Gannett Co., Tribune Co., and Knight Ridder Inc., three of the largest newspaper publishers in the U.S.

News from © The Canadian Press

So now I have no excuses. I need something "strong" preferrably in spirit. Don't care what it is as long as it makes this week go away.

captain
03-23-2006, 04:56 PM

YUM - yes please.

One for the Bouncer .............

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-23-2006, 05:02 PM
I'll get the blender going for the slushies, and would you like your martinis shaken or stirred, Madame>

Bond - James Bond, and I'll take them shaken - never stirred. ;)

Actually I haven't hopped on the martini bandwagon, so I have no idea....why is shaken better than stirred? Mixes better when it's shaken? And if shaken, do the raspberries still float on the bottom? :confused:

So many questions to ponder while I sip away.... :p

Lady's Human
03-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Shaken releases the flavor in the gin better.

One custom Irish for the Bouncer.........Right at ya, though I didn't know we needed a bouncer in here, we've got ORC! :D (though Mario keeps him jumping ,so it's probably a good thing)

Drinking on the job? In Germany (in the army) we were allowed a 2 beer lunch, but that was being done away with while I was there. No one drinks on the job in maintenance in the PO, can't say for sure about the rest of the PO, though. (though I know a now supervisor who wound up getting shipped, years ago)

captain
03-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Yes, awhile ago, we were getting abit out of control, so I offered my services as a Bouncer ......... what with my "training" and all ............. I lurk mainly, ready to spring into action....... :D

Thanks for the drink .............
Cheers

RICHARD
03-23-2006, 06:36 PM

Reporting, as ordered, sir.

This no internet thing, really stinks....

------------------------------
I am on a co-workers machine so I will be back later on tonight!

slick
03-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Please sir, may I have a Lemon Drop Martini?? Oh heck, I'll just go into my own kitchen and make one. ;) Do raspberries float?? :confused:

W-O-R-K is killing me...that's why I have not been around. Hmmm, I officially retire in 2017...wonder if I'll still be on Pet Talk then?? :confused:

I'd like to say a big welcome back to Willy. Ma'am, it's so good to see you. I think of you often and meant to PM you but...well...life got in the way. Sorry. Anyhoo relax and enjoy the evening.

Captain, it's been a long time for you too...or are you new to this party?? Forgive me, I can't remember. Welcome!

Hello to the rest of you. Tomorrow should be an easier day since it's Friday so will try to pop in now and then.

Have a good night everyone. :) I'm going to get some dinner and head to bed early.

gini
03-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Whoa, everyone is either asleep or passed out over there on the couch.

And there are floating raspberries everywhere - just look at them - even Mario is trying to catch a few - but Lady can jump higher.

You know, don't you miss Possum?

Orc - it's you and me guy - thanks for the warm fire! I guess I have to get my own drink.

Now who was it that was making fun of me in my nightie - hmmm, it was just a few hours ago too...........SOMEONE around here was making fun of me!

Hey, look it was a CLEAN nightie - whadda ya want?

Lady's Human
03-24-2006, 12:52 AM
Darn, I leave for a few hours to go to work, and chaos breaks out in here.

Slick, I may be a bit late, but here's your martini, another won't hurt, I promise!

Gini, no nighties behind the bar, please. :p

gini
03-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Hey, I have clothes on..........it was last night and no one was here - or so I thought.............but SOMEONE (from the RIGHT COAST) was lurking around and saw me.

Big old blabbermouth!

trayi52
03-24-2006, 06:21 AM
Well here I am again this morning wanting a cup of coffee. Too lazy to make my own.

Gini, I haven't made pictures of the front of the house, it still has building material on the front porch and looks just awful messy. I have been trying to get my husband to get it hauled off, but he keeps putting it off. I will get pictures of the inside of the house.

Gosh, that is really good news about catnapper, she is going at being a granny two at a time!! At that rate she will catch up with me in no time at all!! Congratulations to Kim in the meantime!! Wowweee!!

Lady's Human
03-24-2006, 06:40 AM
Trayi, Here's your coffee, minus the Irish. (I'm assuming that you don't want your wake up spiked)

I'm off to bed. Lady, Mario, keep everyone company, and Orc, keep the place in line!

lbaker
03-24-2006, 06:43 AM
Hot strong coffee Willie?

DONE! Want some of Slicks Bailey's in it or just straight from the pot? Whatever your heart's desire my friend ~ sit yourself down while I get the handy whips out and wash down the sticky raspberry juice :rolleyes: Will we ever learn ;)

OOPS, you're fast LH... thanks for assistance :D

slick
03-24-2006, 09:09 AM
Good morning folks. Another rainy day here but I don't care. It's Friday and nothing can get in the way of that "happy Friday" feeling. :)

Now, who would dare to make fun of Gini in her nightie?? It's a very fine nightie indeed and one of these days I'm gonna buy one just like it...so there! :p

A Spanish Coffee please to start out my day. Willie, looking forward to seeing pictures of the house.

Have a good day everyone!

Pssstt.....two of our bar patrons have birthdays next week!!!! One hasn't been around in awhile, but we love her just the same. :D

Corinna
03-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Good morning all I'll take a cup of tea this morning thought cold was gone but just moved to my chest.( no comments from the peanut gallery) Kind of grey today after 60 yesterday I't a day for moviies I think.

davidpizzica
03-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Can a GUY get a drink around here? A hot Irish coffee wil suffice as it's half rain & half snow in Pittsburgh. I'm sitting here cuddling my Daisy.

Corinna
03-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Ok it's move day to sick to do much I think it's "Rocky Horror picture show" day. any one want to join me ?

davidpizzica
03-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Ok it's move day to sick to do much I think it's "Rocky Horror picture show" day. any one want to join me ?
Corinna, are you going to do the "time warp"?

Corinna
03-24-2006, 12:14 PM
yea back to no cold. Might need help want join me . Check that son just came home sick too. great now every one has it.

lbaker
03-24-2006, 12:54 PM
I think it's time the bar invested in a sauna room out by the jacuzzi. Some good aroma therapy with cedar or eucalyptus smells and tons of steam is good for what ails ya :cool: In the mean time Corinna, care for another cup of tea? Maybe with a touch of brandy in it? ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Almost quittn' tiime here - woo hooo!!!! How can a boss be so annoying even when he's supposed to be out of town? :rolleyes:

A sauna sounds wonderful, Laurie, I love eucalyptus aromatherapy. I'll just go put my towel on, grab a slushie and meet everyone in the sauna. :D

Corinna
03-24-2006, 04:55 PM
A cup of brandy with a little tea in it sounds great. finished the movie just as the married twosome arrived.

gini
03-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Oh, I just stopped by to grab a large iced Pepsi. I had some people that stopped by and yanked two and a half hours out of my day. Nothing I could do about it - client stuff! So I am here to just whine.

Thanks for the Pepsi - I am going back to it now.

Oggyflute
03-24-2006, 07:30 PM
G'day all,
Possum has been on to me about coming to the bar for a drink. so seeing as Possum isn't one to dissapoint, here we are. :D
Currently enjoying my first weekend off in about four months, so a drink in the bar, (might just have to check out this spa though -some extensions seem to have been done!) and to-morrow were taking the kids to the puppy park for fun & frolic.
Being such a big fan of Bushmills, I'll have to go for an "Irish", and perhaps a shot on the side. :D

slick
03-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Trevor!!!! Possum!!! Are you really here???? :) :) Come here you sweet thing......I need some puppy kisses!!! :) Oh no, not you Trev....you're taken. I was talking to Possum. :o :D

Trev, it's so nice to see you back. :) You and Possum have been greatly missed. Sit down by the fire and I'll get you that drink.

Sounds as though everyone has had a stressful week and for some of us it's not over yet. Oh no, Mario is headed for the spa and there goes Possum and Lady. Pets in the Pool.....sounds like a song to me. :D

Corinna
03-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Hey Trev good to see you and lil possum here. Tyson let possum get used to you before you want to play sorry guys he just is a boxer and full of energy.

Oggyflute
03-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Wow, Mario, Possum,Lady, and Tyson, all in the spa. :eek:
If I yell out "BATH", watch them get out real quick. :D
Good to be here, Slick & Corrina. :)

lbaker
03-25-2006, 06:29 AM
Well thank goodness! *yeah I know, goodness has nothing to do with it* :rolleyes: but it's good to see you again Trev! And dear, dear Possum sweetie :) Trev, I've been running out of ideas in the kitchen and could really use your assistance. Any inspiration for the start of Spring here in the U.S. ? Asparigooose is always good. Maybe some tender spring lamb from down under? With fresh mint? ooooh buddy, my taste buds are going into overtime :p

davidpizzica
03-25-2006, 07:00 AM
Welcome back to thursdays, Trev & Possum! We missed both of you. Lady's human and myself have been holding the fort for the guys!

lbaker
03-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Trevor :o here you are back after a long, harrowing "Month of Thursdays" and the first thing I do is try to put you to work in the kitchen :rolleyes: Have a sitdown and let me fix you a drink. We are trying to learn to float raspberries in bottoms of drinks ~ care to try one? I can manage the roast leg 'o lamb and speargooses :cool: DavidP, care to take the pups out and gather a few nice applewood logs for the fire? Maybe pick some fresh mint while you are wandering in the garden? Thanks Mate! You can take your new phone with you in case I forgot something ;)

gini
03-25-2006, 09:11 AM
I don't mean to grumble, but what happened to breakfast? And lunch?

Is the leg of lamb for last night? Or is it for tonight? I guess I am still sleepy because it's only a little after 7 here.

Ahh, maybe it is because Trev is back. You know Trev, it really hasn't been the same here without you. Really glad to see you back.

Now if we can only rustle up Richard.............

davidpizzica
03-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Trevor :o here you are back after a long, harrowing "Month of Thursdays" and the first thing I do is try to put you to work in the kitchen :rolleyes: Have a sitdown and let me fix you a drink. We are trying to learn to float raspberries in bottoms of drinks ~ care to try one? I can manage the roast leg 'o lamb and speargooses :cool: DavidP, care to take the pups out and gather a few nice applewood logs for the fire? Maybe pick some fresh mint while you are wandering in the garden? Thanks Mate! You can take your new phone with you in case I forgot something ;)
Possum? Lady? Care for a walk or run outside in the sun? While I'm watching them romp, I'll get some applewood logs and there's a whole bunch of mint right here, too! When I come back, I'll give you a hand with the roast leg 'o lamb.

slick
03-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Good morning everyone! Got someone coming over at 8:30 to have to make this quick.

I'll pass on the lamb...never did acquire the taste.....or maybe it's because I never had it cooked right. At any rate, I brought come Canadian bacon and sausage so you can rustle up some pancakes and fixin's for the West Coasters.

Gotta run. **grabs a Spanish Coffee**

I'll check in later.

lbaker
03-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Is it now or yesterday? Gee Whiz Gini... it just may be a few hours from now. Don't go worrying your pretty self about it. Just eat from the fixin's on the side bar. I understand about not understanding lamb, Slick. A friends Gramma used to say lamb would "cleave to the roof of her mouth". But if it's slow cooked on a grill, over coals pushed to the side ~ I'm telling you it's gooooood. Whatever Dude :rolleyes: ;) * practicing for my California Speak here * :cool:

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Karen, our mayor, mentioned some type of tea - was it blackberry? I have been thinking about that ever since I saw it - maybe it was blueberry........
gotta go back and check.

I found it - it was BLUEBERRY...........I must get some of that tea. It sounds so yummy.

Yeah, the Mayor gave me a box for Christmas it was delicious. Celestial Seasonings makes it. :)

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-25-2006, 11:03 PM

Hey Corinna, is it too late to do the "Time Warp" with you. I love that movie. :p

Corinna
03-26-2006, 09:35 AM
I guess we cold daughters dvd she took home it was a speacal editon had 2 extra dance sences and interviews I have a new respect for Meat loaf he just about walked outand didn't do the play.

RedHedd
03-26-2006, 11:26 AM
I guess we cold daughters dvd she took home it was a speacal editon had 2 extra dance sences and interviews I have a new respect for Meat loaf he just about walked outand didn't do the play.
Huh? :confused:

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-26-2006, 12:33 PM

I have it on VHS, will that work?

Corinna
03-26-2006, 01:23 PM
I have it on VHS, will that work?
cold = should be could When they first started the play . All that was ready for two weeks were the songs Meatloaf was very shocked by Tim curry entering the doors singing his opening song. In fact he walked out and got a jay walking ticket ,they had to chase him down to get him to come back and do the play. In the play he did the dr. in the wheel chair. was some what upset by not being able to in the movie. As they wrote the script they had to keep coaxing him along. Filmed in a studio no heat Suasan (janet ) had ( Pnoumea SP) the first 2 weeks being wet and have naked. the dvd set has some really cool features added. I always laugh at the whole thing ,my best freind always thought i was a bit niavie so one day i told her i had watched and loved it. she had to have her hubby watch it with her. Well needless to say the image they had of me changed . See they were childeren of the 60's and from NJ so I was backward and seltered . HaHA

captain
03-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Captain, it's been a long time for you too...or are you new to this party?? Forgive me, I can't remember. Welcome!.

Nope - it has just been awhile .......... gee Slick. I thought I made more of an impression that this ................. :p

Corinna
03-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Glad to see you back Captain . Missed those spotted kids.

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-27-2006, 09:33 AM
cold = should be could When they first started the play . All that was ready for two weeks were the songs Meatloaf was very shocked by Tim curry entering the doors singing his opening song. In fact he walked out and got a jay walking ticket ,they had to chase him down to get him to come back and do the play. In the play he did the dr. in the wheel chair. was some what upset by not being able to in the movie. As they wrote the script they had to keep coaxing him along. Filmed in a studio no heat Suasan (janet ) had ( Pnoumea SP) the first 2 weeks being wet and have naked. the dvd set has some really cool features added. I always laugh at the whole thing ,my best freind always thought i was a bit niavie so one day i told her i had watched and loved it. she had to have her hubby watch it with her. Well needless to say the image they had of me changed . See they were childeren of the 60's and from NJ so I was backward and seltered . HaHA

My best freind got me into it. It was a lot of fun we actually went to the theatre to watch the movie and they had people dressed as the cast doing it on the stage and everything. It was really cool. :)

Corinna
03-27-2006, 11:04 PM
I know it's long to run the bar on a monday but I feel like this is the best place (and where most of the freindlist ) pet talkers are . I have a job interveiw tomorrow at 11;45 her in town at the Pamida store 3 blocks from home I can walk. Please keep me in your thoughts.

gini
03-27-2006, 11:09 PM
All good thoughts go with you tomorrow, Corinna. I hope you get the job, but I hope you will still have time to stop by Thursdays too.

We need somebody sane around here to keep us all in line :D :D

captain
03-27-2006, 11:11 PM
We need somebody sane around here to keep us all in line :D :D

We do?
Do we?
Do Do Do Do ......... :D

Good Luck Corinna!!!!!!
Almost everything is crossed here ....

Oggyflute
03-28-2006, 04:06 AM
Good luck with the job Corrina, I just know it's yours mate. :) ;)

Laurie, just saute (pan-fry) some fresh asparagus, with some diced bacon & onion. Sprinkle over some cracked pepper, and your favourite herb. Works a treat. ;)

Corinna
03-28-2006, 10:20 AM
I don't know how sane I keep it but thanks. Spare guts for breakfast EWWWWWW YUCK (I DON'T LIKE THEM EVER)

Killearn Kitties
03-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Guts for breakfast??? :eek: What have I missed around here?

Good luck with the interview, Corinna!

gini
03-28-2006, 10:37 AM
I thought it was "a pair of guts" for breakfast........... ;)

slick
03-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Good luck Corinna! It takes "guts".....

:eek: :D

Gee, this bar seems to stay open all week long now. I'm liking it!! ;)

Karen
03-28-2006, 10:49 AM
So less than an hour to go til Corinna's interview - good luck! :) Smile!