PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little scared!

Miss Z
03-22-2006, 12:46 PM
I forgot to post about this yesterday....

I've been having a bit of trouble with my eyes recently, I think I've become short sighted, both my parents are so it was inevitable that I would be (damn that gene:p )! So I had an eye test yesterday, but the optician is very confused about me. Reading letters off the board proves that I am short sighted, but when he shone a light in my eye, everything seemed to be normal:confused: The optician was nice, instead of just giving me reading glasses, he's decided to do further tests. He thinks my eyes may be overfocusing, but he's not sure, so I've got to go back on Saturday....

AND HAVE MY EYES FROZEN!!!!!!

No, it's not quite like that, lol! I have to have drops in my eyes which will relax the muscles and I won't be able to move my eyes, basically they'll just be numb. I'll still be able to see, but it will prove what my eyes are really like. Then I'll get tested again. But I'm a little scared! Stuid, I know, but I just keep thinking about the strange numbness I had when I had my teeth taken out. Has anyone had this done before? I would like some info!

smokey the elder
03-22-2006, 01:11 PM
It's not so bad; I've had it done a bunch of times. The "freezing" sensation wears off pretty quickly.

gemini9961
03-22-2006, 01:32 PM
I believe I have had the same drops. They were testing for Glaucoma I think. It feels mighty weird, but does not hurt.

Miss Z
03-22-2006, 01:44 PM
I believe I have had the same drops. They were testing for Glaucoma I think. It feels mighty weird, but does not hurt.

Yeah, it's the weird sensation I don't like! Ugh!:rolleyes: :p

Jessika
03-22-2006, 01:54 PM
I've had the numbing drops before, but I could still move my eyes. :confused: In any case its weird only for a few seconds, then after a little bit you kind of get the ache like when you are really tired and your eyes ache, you know?? Ah its weird to explain. All in all it only lasts for about 30 to 45 minutes before it returns to normal.

It was also cool to walk in and touch my eyeball in front of my mom and gross her out. And she WORKS at the optometrist!! LOL

catnapper
03-22-2006, 02:01 PM
I have had that many times, no biggie.

Good luck with your test. I actually love glasses and can't imagine my face without them. :)

anna_66
03-22-2006, 04:49 PM
I had it done before too, not a big deal so don't worry a thing about it.

Sounds like your like me, problems with the eyes :o I acutally had a visit with my dr today too.

Hope it all goes well for you!

Miss Z
03-25-2006, 05:36 AM
Thankyou everyone!

I had the drops done about 2 hours ago, and it's almost worn off. It's made my vision a little clearer further away but things that are very close are blurred. At the moment, I can't read a book, but I can see this computer screen if in recline in the chair.

I really hate the feeling of being numb for some reason, I can deal with things that hurt and stuff but it makes my skin crawl when something is numb. So I didn't like it very much:rolleyes:

The optician still doesn't know what's wrong with me though. I've got to go back again soon for another test to see if the drops have helped. He says that my right eye may be long-sighted, and my left one may be short-sighted! If that's the case then I'm quite a rare specimen! So whether I'll end up with glasses, contacts or nothing at all is still a mystery.