PDA

View Full Version : I might have found a place to live!- UPDATE: Moved in, just unpacking-page 4

king2005
03-21-2006, 06:45 PM
YAY!!!

Its a DREAM!!!

Its a 1 bedroom basement apartment, except the basement is really the main floor, the 2ed floor is really the main floor & the 3rd floor is really the 2ed floor... SO I wont be in the dark!!

It comes with EVERYTHING! even a heated pool, backyard, laundry, utils, cable, air & parking!

& my pets are more then welcomed too!!

Guess what she has?!? a PITTY!!!!

There is no oven (don't need it), but if I ever wanted to use the oven, I just have to ask her!

I meet with her tomorrow after work :)

chocolatepuppy
03-21-2006, 07:17 PM
That's great! I hope things work out! :D

Flatcoatluver
03-21-2006, 07:21 PM
That is awsome!!! Good luck!!!

Alysser
03-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Awesome! Hope you get it:)

kimlovescats
03-21-2006, 09:27 PM
I hope it all goes well ... it's fun finding the perfect home, isn't it? ;)

king2005
03-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks everyone!!

I hope it all goes well ... it's fun finding the perfect home, isn't it? ;)

Yes & no... I'm just glad I found a super cheap, large & nice place... I just hope she likes me tomorrow.

poofy
03-21-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm so glad, good luck , hope all works out just great for you :)

king2005
03-21-2006, 10:32 PM
thank you poofy :)

lv4dogs
03-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Good luck Jess!

Karen
03-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Good luck - and bring a biscuit for the Pitty! :)

Randi
03-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Put your nicest smile on, be polite and you'l get it. ;)

Good luck! :)

king2005
03-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Good luck - and bring a biscuit for the Pitty! :)

Thats the plan :) I want to buy a small bag of Bacon Strips :D However the only place inbetween work & the apt. is a little plaza like town centre. A friend in the city said there was dog treats when she lived there a couple yrs back, but its all new, so I'm REALLY hoping they have atleast milk bones!

I would have bought them lastnight, but it was 8:00pm when I called her (had many people to call) & we talked for over an hour, so all the stores were closed :(

hmmmm I wonder if the little store downstairs has any treats.. I'll have to take a peek

lizbud
03-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Goog luck to you. Hope everything works out just the way
you want it to. :)

elizabethann
03-22-2006, 11:34 AM
I like the dog treat idea! Good luck! I hope you get it!

Cataholic
03-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Sounds like a good place! Congrats. Keep moving forward. ;)

king2005
03-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks everyone :)

There is a supermarket in the mall. Turns out its not a plaze, its just a big small mall :)

So I'll be able to get my bacon strips for the pup :D
I hope I get lots of kisses :D

JenBKR
03-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Congrats and good luck! Hope you get it, keep us updated :D

king2005
03-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Congrats and good luck! Hope you get it, keep us updated :D

Don't worry, I will :)
I'll post as soon as I get home. It'll be lat tonight. Its 2:30pm right now, I leave at 4:00pm, should get to the apt at around 5:pm, might be later if shes not back from work, & I'll prob be there an hour or 2 (if I can do my usually impressing someone) & then it'll take an hour to get home & I have NO idea how to get home from there yet heheh Thats something I overlooked hehe

catnapper
03-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Good luck! We're keeping all fingers and paws crossed

buttercup132
03-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Oh no your moving farther away from me!!:( I hope all gose well though. Your lucky you get to be with a Pitty!! Well if you get the place but I'm sure you will.

ramanth
03-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Good luck!

anna_66
03-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Gosh Jess I didn't know you were looking for another place but I hope this is your dream place! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!
Let us know how it went!

king2005
03-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Gosh Jess I didn't know you were looking for another place but I hope this is your dream place! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!
Let us know how it went!

Anna, Rob & I are no more :(

I saw the place. Its gonna look nice when its finished in a week. Its really small, but its too good a deal to pass up. for the rest of the week, I'll be going through my things & tossing out 1/2 of it.

I just tossed out 1/2 my xmas things & most of my ceramic dragons & 2 boxes of stuff.

So that 2 large trash bags full. I'm hoping to make 6 large trass bags full of stuff. I have 1 full trash bag full of clothing thats going out aswell... So much stuff *cries*

moosmom
03-22-2006, 10:49 PM
King2005,

Yes, isn't moving just a BLAST?? NOT!! But it does give you a chance to toss stuff out. Don't forget your local shelter if you're throwing out any towels, blankets, rags, ANYTHING they can use.

I'm so glad you got the place. Any animal friendly landlord is PERFECT!! And a Pitty owner to boot!! Doesn't get any better than that!!! ;)

Good luck with your move!

Flatcoatluver
03-22-2006, 11:25 PM
I know I hate moving too!!!! Congats though!!

gini
03-22-2006, 11:30 PM
I am so happy to hear that you got this place - and with a beautiful pitty pup to spoil as well.

You sound so good - upbeat and happy. Here's to a brand new beginning filled with all good and happy and fun things for you. Your own place - you are just going to love it.

Wish we could help you move.

Big hugs to you, this made me happy to read your update.

king2005
03-23-2006, 07:58 AM
King2005,

Yes, isn't moving just a BLAST?? NOT!! But it does give you a chance to toss stuff out. Don't forget your local shelter if you're throwing out any towels, blankets, rags, ANYTHING they can use.

I'm so glad you got the place. Any animal friendly landlord is PERFECT!! And a Pitty owner to boot!! Doesn't get any better than that!!! ;)

Good luck with your move!

Don't worry, I always think of the shelters. Tossing the clothing out is the safest thing to do. As I know some of my clothing as toxic chemicals dried or stuck on them. The chemicals are harmless on the clothing its self, but if a dog or cat decides to eat the clothing, it might cause issues down the road.

The only towels & blankets I have are still good or new. About 5yrs ago when my parents were replacing towels & blankets I stole all the old ones & filled a whole large trash bag. I even put in old sweaters that I had cut up for cat blankets. I always tried to spoil the shelter back home :D

anna_66
03-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Anna, Rob & I are no more :(

I'm very sorry to hear about that Jess. I hope this place works our perfectly for you:)

king2005
03-23-2006, 08:34 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about that Jess. I hope this place works our perfectly for you:)

Thanks Anna.

I think it will. I cannot afford a dog (ok I can, but its not fair to feed it super cheap foods), so having Sarge to play with & walk will be good. Also I can get back into walking & running with a dog, as Sarge is still a young guy...

In about 20 months or less, I can safely afford a dog. As it'll take me that long to pay off my credit cards. But I have to live super cheap, so no going out to movies, or ordering out. I plan to live off of no name brand KD & Hamburger/Tuna Helper so I can get my meats & a cup or 2 of veggies/dinner. For lunches it'll mostly be sandwiches, breakfasts will be bagles & fruits... I'll finally be able to kick pop, as I wont have the $ for it & the same with chips... Man I should loos about a good 50p by the end of the year & feel great & have healthy muscle mass (I build it quick, when I have a dog)...

I babble too much hehe

jackie
03-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Lots of luck with everything! Take care of yourself! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Congrats with the new place! It will be a whole new start for you; so glad that pets are welcome too!!

Jadapit
03-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Best of luck to you!! If the ladys pittie is anything like Ebony you are going to be kissed to death! ;)

king2005
03-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Best of luck to you!! If the ladys pittie is anything like Ebony you are going to be kissed to death! ;)

He didn't seem to be a big kisser, but he loved to give me nose kisses & lick my hand (it smelled like the treats) & he LOOOVED leaning against me.. hehe he was a big suck :D I know where he'll be when I move in there, hehehe

Jadapit
03-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Oh, you and he will be great friends! :D What is his name? Can you get a picture of him? Aren't pits the best? :)

king2005
03-24-2006, 08:55 AM
Oh, you and he will be great friends! :D What is his name? Can you get a picture of him? Aren't pits the best? :)

I saw him again lastnight! I called up the owner to fill out an application. I went in & he remembered me & was bouncing off the walls hehe

Turns out he DOES give kisses!! You just have to say kiss & he'll give all sorts of kisses :D

His owner thought it was funny how he wouldn't go away & how I had NO issues with him licking my face & me giving him kisses. She does it, but all her friends & family think its sick & dirty :rolleyes:

I think his name is either Sarge or Sirus (as in Sirus Black from Harry Potter).. They have a very slight accent & I cannot tell what they are saying, so I call him big guy :D

As for pictures, not yet.. Living there isn't final (but she said shes pretty sure she wants me, as we get along great & I LOVE her pitty), I didn't want to intrud. I did tell her I belong to the largest pet group in the world & that he'll be spoiled rotten & all the friends I bring home are dog lovers regardless of breed. & that I partake in The Pet Gift Swap, so he'll get LOTS of toys & goodies !

I still have all of Max's old things & I plan to share all of them with him, except Max's last collar & bandanas. I even have a singing Doggie Treat Jar, hehehe

I get the final word tonight after work, to see if I got it or not & when I can move in!

I asked if it was ok, if I got cable internet installed & she said yes. She was planning on getting internet back, but doesn't know much on the topic. So I said I'll get the fastest Rogers has & I'll share it with you!

I also brought up Vonage & she's interested to test mine out when I get it, to see if she likes it & then decide if she wants her own :D

I told her there is no need to install a custom steal rod door (forget the proper name of it) just too keep the dog upstairs. Just install a simple baby gate & when I have friends over I'll make sure its closed so the dog doesn't bother us (unless he's welcomed). I also said I'd love for him to pop into my place whenever he wanted to, as I really liked him. She was happy about that & said theres no harm in leaving your doors open for the dog :)

I also got to make a choice in the door I wanted & I picked the french door! She already had the doors & I just had to choose between a regular wood door (boring) or a pretty door, that would allow sunlight into my bedroom (I can now bring all my plants!!!).. oh & the bedroom is gonna be my pet & plant room hehe.. I'm sleeping in the kitchen/dining/computer/livingroom :D

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!

JenBKR
03-24-2006, 09:07 AM
oh my gosh congrats, that sounds like such an awesome place with a great landlord :D

Lori Jordan
03-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Good Luck!!!!!

king2005
03-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys, I'm sooo excited !!
I even have a new friend who wants to pop over once I move in, YAY!!

Bad news... Since its a shared place I have to give up my riffles *cries*
They are being transfered today, as soon as I can get the info I need to do it :(

But I'd rather be safe then sorry. I don't know what I'd do if someone took one of my riffles & broke the trigger locks off. I have no worries if a young kid found them & was playing with it, cause it's 100% harmless to the kid, but I STILL wouldn't want to take that risk, nor would I want it to get all dinged up since its a fancy riffle... sigh :( I'm giving them to Rob & I know I'll never see them ever again, nor get them back if I wanted them. I'll miss blowing up warm pop cans & shooting bricks :(

lizbud
03-24-2006, 10:58 AM
"" Bad news... Since its a shared place I have to give up my riffles *cries*
They are being transfered today, as soon as I can get the info I need to do it " What are riffles? Can they be re-homed or sold?

gini
03-24-2006, 11:01 AM
I think she means "rifle"

king2005
03-24-2006, 12:34 PM
"" Bad news... Since its a shared place I have to give up my riffles *cries*
They are being transfered today, as soon as I can get the info I need to do it " What are riffles? Can they be re-homed or sold?

Its my poor spelling, sorry. its Rifle, as in a long gun. They could be re-homed or sold, but that'll take WAY too long to do. Cause Guns are banned in Toronto, so my market would be quite small. + I wouldn't sell my babies to someone I don't know. They are good guns & they need top care. I know Rob will provide that.

I'm mostly heart broken about giving up my new .223 I had been wanting a gun like that for 7yrs & got it this past summer. It has a fluted barrel, webbing design on the stock, stock has a hint of blue & white, its my size (small), & it has a bolt action for higher accercy.. I planted to enter into contests (paper & wood shootig only) as I was making clovers on the targets!!

Karen
03-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Is there any chance you can store them with your Dad or something, instead of with Rob, or just get a locked gunsafe or some other locked box to keep them in?

lizbud
03-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Its my poor spelling, sorry. its Rifle, as in a long gun. They could be re-homed or sold, but that'll take WAY too long to do. Cause Guns are banned in Toronto, so my market would be quite small. + I wouldn't sell my babies to someone I don't know. They are good guns & they need top care. I know Rob will provide that.

Gosh, I'm so sorry king. :o I thought it was one of your critters. :o

king2005
03-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Is there any chance you can store them with your Dad or something, instead of with Rob, or just get a locked gunsafe or some other locked box to keep them in?

My dad lives 2000km away, doesn't have a firearms licence & I don't know anyone who does. Also to be able to store it, I'd have to get it registered under their name..

I cannot afford a gun safe. the cheapest I've seen here is 200.00+ & it just looks like a school locker :(

king2005
03-24-2006, 08:59 PM
ITS MINE!!!!

Its official, I can move in as early as SUNDAY! I have to call her back at 4pm tomorrow to make sure all is still well (just incase they run into a problem). My closet isn't ready yet & my bathroom needs drywall & paint, but the 2 rooms are completed, so I can move stuff in. BUT I still need my futon, so if Rob doesn't have it by Sunday, then I wont be able to move out. I'll onlly be able to move some things over.

Her & her friend really boogied today, as I wasn't expecting the place to be close to ready until next weekend.. & Rose is really excited about me moving in, We're gonna have sooo much fun :)

king2005
03-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Here is what the place kinda looks like :)

Its a maze of doors!!! There are so many for a reason. Its so I can lock myself in my rooms & so the landlord can come in & do her laundry

don't know why it looks so messed up.. but ya get the general idea

king2005
03-25-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm a little bumbed out today...
I honestly don't know what I'd do if I couldn't call dad of all hours.. I called him at midnight his time, tonight...

king2005
03-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Rob & Tom are moving my stuff to the new place right now :( :( :(

lv4dogs
03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
hugs Jess, your in my thoughts.

king2005
03-27-2006, 12:44 PM
hugs Jess, your in my thoughts.

Robs in a pissy mood, & thats not helping... My head is hurting all of a sudden again, arggg!!

I knew I should have kept my personal promiss & NEVER date. *Kicks self*

king2005
03-27-2006, 02:41 PM
oh Man!! I move in tonight!!!

I don't think Rob has even gotten me a bed yet either.. YAY I get to sleep on a nice HARD floor *cries*

Edit:
I was right, I have NO bed :( :( :(

jackie
03-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Congrats on getting the new house and getting moved!

Sort the bed out for yourself asap tomorrow, the floor canīt be comfortable for more then one night.

king2005
03-28-2006, 08:06 AM
I went to Zellers & got an air bed :) Its fairly nice too.

Dads ordering me a nice bed from Sears & he bought me Cable Internet too!!!
I can use my computer on sat YAY! oh & hes paying for my first months Vonage bills!!

I never expected this!!

My dad is far too kind.

king2005
03-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Note to self. Airbed - blankets + basement floor = Snowoman :D
So ya I was a wee bit chilled, my toes & finger were blue hehehe

Lori Jordan
03-28-2006, 12:40 PM
That is Great!

joycenalex
03-29-2006, 04:28 AM
..so how is the unpacking going? ;)

king2005
03-29-2006, 08:09 AM
..so how is the unpacking going? ;)

Really well, I almost have the bedroom finished. I didn't find the shelf hooks until 11pm so that slowed me down. My BIG closet hopefully will be ready by tomorrow, so that'll hold all 3 bags of clothing, coats & towels.

my kitchen is almost finished, as I have 1 more box to unpack.

I can toss out 6 boxes tonight & that'll make SOOOOOO much room!!

I got NEW plates from my landlords friend (ok they kinda aren't new, but they were just never used), then I get to go to her house on Sat & get my free mini couch (its a bit larger then a love seat, but smaller then a regular couch), I might get a new dresser (I use them to put plants on & just my work clothing & season clothing).

The digi camera is in the mess somewhere, I have a good idea where it is, so hopefully I can take pics of the Pitty, oh his name is Syrus!! OMG he wouldn't stop following me around my apt lastnight, he just loved to see what I was taking out next. Also I spoiled him a little too much. I gave him Max's old crazy duck, 4 tennis ball rope toy & a cow bone. Rose is going to toss out the rawhide toy he has as I told her its a little too dangerous for him & this cow bone won't harm him at all. She was thrilled with the advice I gave her & was greatfull for it too, as she LOVES Syrus very much!

ramanth
03-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Congrats!! I look forward to photos of the new place and Syrus. :D Hope your new bed arrives soon. :)

king2005
03-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Congrats!! Hope your new bed arrives soon. :)

I don't think I can get a real bed for a couple of months, however this air bed is really comfy & I can prop it up on its side if I need more room to work in, so its kinda useful for the time being.

Dad helping me pay my landlady last months rent (I have firsts rent & most of last, The landlady said I could pay it slowly off /month, but dad didn't like that idea, so he's giving me the rest of the $ I need & an extra 20.00 so my account isn't at 0.00. So that = no bed $ right now.

JenBKR
03-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Wow your dad sounds awesome! I love air beds, they are so comfy :D I am really glad that everything is going so well. (((hugs))) if you need to talk about anything PM me!

king2005
03-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Wow your dad sounds awesome! I love air beds, they are so comfy :D I am really glad that everything is going so well. (((hugs))) if you need to talk about anything PM me!

My dad is pretty nice. He knows that I have tried hard to live on my own & never asked for any help. Its been 5yrs since I really needed him, so he said its always the first month that is the hardest & he fears I'll get hooked on my cedit cards, like he did. We made a monthly & weekly cost plan, so I know how much spending $ I have.

I owe my dad 400.00 from when I had Max & I still have to pay him that back, so once My pets are settled in, I'll save up 400.00 & give it back to him. That should make him happy & never bring that up again hehe

I also owe my old boss 500.00 for the couch & love seat she gave me. I'm gonna try to avoid talking to her so I can get the 500.00 & send it as a money order, so she'll be forced to cash it (as shes the manager of 2 post offices). If she finds out that I'm no longer with Rob, she wont let me pay her back. I tried to give her back 10.00 I borrowed when I had to do OT & she wouldn't let me pay her anything, so oneday we went out for lunch & I ran to the cashier & paid for her lunch, heheh

Man I owe so much $$ :p