PDA

View Full Version : Would you..??

Flatcoatluver
03-21-2006, 05:57 PM
In biology my teacher said in a couple years they can clone dogs at the price of $1000. I was thinking that it was cruel. All they need is one piece of hair and that's all they need. They won't have the same personality of the other dog but the same looks. Would you pay to clone your dogs??

I wouldn't do it...but what about you??

dab_20
03-21-2006, 06:02 PM
I honestly woulden't. I would feel like I'd be replacing my dog, and that just would make my feel guilty and miss them even more. But that's just my opinion.

Kfamr
03-21-2006, 06:11 PM
No way. I don't understand why someone would want to clone anything. It's bizzare and uneccessary to clone dogs or any domestic pets, IMO.

Alysser
03-21-2006, 06:23 PM
No way. Personally, I think it's cruel.

lute
03-21-2006, 06:24 PM
NOT A CHANCE! i don't think they should clone dogs, people, sheep, etc. there could be undetectable health problems. making dogs suffer because you want a dog that "looks" exactly like your dog is uncalled for!

k9krazee
03-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Nope, never!

Chilli
03-21-2006, 06:50 PM
No, I definately wouldn't. Yes, it'd be awesome to have another dog as handsome as my Frisk or Ethan, but it wouldn't be the same dog. To me, it doesn't matter what a dog looks like, personality is all that really counts.

Suki Wingy
03-21-2006, 07:02 PM
No. especially because it won't necisarily have the same exact marking pattern. Just pointless, but why do you say it's cruel??

binka_nugget
03-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Nope. Nothing will ever replace my boys. And why clone when there are tons of lovely dogs in shelters?

chocolatepuppy
03-21-2006, 07:18 PM
No way.

luvofallhorses
03-21-2006, 07:25 PM
nope I wouldn't.

buttercup132
03-21-2006, 07:32 PM
No ser-ey Bob. Especially if there personality ect will be different. Now if there was something to make dogs live longer healthier lives then sure as long as it didnt harm them.

Giselle
03-21-2006, 08:21 PM
In biology my teacher said in a couple years they can clone dogs at the price of $1000. I was thinking that it was cruel. All they need is one piece of hair and that's all they need. They won't have the same personality of the other dog but the same looks. Would you pay to clone your dogs??

I wouldn't do it...but what about you??
HA! Fat chance (fat chance regarding the possibility of cloned dogs, not fat chance regarding my willingness to clone my pets). After that SNUppy fiasco, I'll have a hard time buying the next story of a "cloned" dog. Hehe, yup, I'm a pessimist.

At any rate, I would never clone any of my pets. Even if my dog turned out to be one of the most incredible specimen within the breed, I would never even dream of cloning my dog. It's unethical, imo.

dab_20
03-21-2006, 08:22 PM
They have cloned a sheep before. I saw it on the news.

Giselle
03-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Yes, but dogs are a completely different story. They supposedly cloned a dog, named Snuppy, but faults and frauds in Hwang's past experiments have upheaved the whole story regarding Snuppy. I believe some sources confirm Snuppy's authenticity while others disregard it and claim the authenticity of Snuppy is still unknown. I'm a skeptic, what can I say?

Pembroke_Corgi
03-21-2006, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't clone my pets, I would find it creepy, but I don't really think it's cruel if they could live as long as healthily as a normal dog (I know Dolly the sheep didn't live very long). I'm pretty sure dogs wouldn't have the self awareness to think "Oh, I'm just a clone, I'm not even a normal dog," they wouldn't know any different.

I personally think that cloning technology is very useful (imagine recreating a human liver identical to yours in the event of needing a liver transplant), but many people are against it, so I don't think that it is likely that anyone will be able to pay for their pets to be cloned for a long time, if ever.

anna_66
03-21-2006, 09:10 PM
I guess I have a different opinion than all of you when I say I would.
If I could clone Angus and could afford it, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
I know he wouldn't be the same dog, but it would be part of him.

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-21-2006, 09:29 PM
No way. I don't understand why someone would want to clone anything. It's bizzare and uneccessary to clone dogs or any domestic pets, IMO.

This is exactly the way I feel also....

IRescue452
03-22-2006, 09:16 AM
No I think people who would have either psychological issues or are planning to use it to cheat in the show world. Honestly, the only thing that is the same is the looks of the dog. Why not rescue a new dog?

RobiLee
03-22-2006, 09:50 AM
No, I woudn't want to. It wouldn't be Chloe it would just be a dog that looked like her. It wouldn't have her wonderful personality and that is what made Chloe special. Sure it would be cool to see a dog that looked just like her but it would make me very sad if she didn't have the same personality. It would remind me each and every day how much I miss my very special girl. To this day I miss Chloe so very much and it makes me hurt still. There is no way a look a like dog can ever make that feeling go away. Now I'm sitting here with a very sad and heavy heart. :(

I miss you, Chloe and think of you often.

zoomer
03-22-2006, 10:02 AM
It's very cruel, and I was people would not do this kind of stuff :( I would NEVER EVER get that done to my dogs... makes me shiver even thinking about it.