PDA

View Full Version : So proud of my boy!!

dab_20
03-21-2006, 04:00 PM
I was training Sam to sit today, and he got it on the second try!! Now every time he sees a treat he sits before I even say it. :rolleyes: Silly boy. He's really smart... I'm so proud of him!

ps Can you teach a dog more then one command at a time? And how do you know when they've really got that command down?

lute
03-21-2006, 04:17 PM
CONGRATS Sam! what a good boy! :D

i try not to teach more than one or two tricks at a time. the dog can get confused and it'll take longer for him to learn it. you know they really have the command stuck in their lil heads when they do it a lot without having to be told a million times. wait a while and try it again. if they remember it on the first command, they got it!

buttercup132
03-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Ya I agree with Lute.

Thats good that he's catchign on so fast. Thunder is like that too he learns his tricks so fast! We got him when he was 9 weeks and he already knew how to shake a paw and sit!

Pembroke_Corgi
03-21-2006, 08:19 PM
Great job, Sam!! That's great that he's picking things up so quickly!

Like the others said, I'd wait until he has a good knowledge of "sit" before introducing something else, but it sounds like he should have the hang of it soon! :)

dab_20
03-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. Sam is going to the vet because of a sore on his face at 11 tomorrow. We might get him nuetered within the next couple weeks now. :)