PDA

View Full Version : Sick of being SICK~!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Jeez, I've been sick for about two weeks now...

It started out with about two days of a terrible sore throat. Then that was completely gone, and I was left with a stuffy nose, headache, RUNNY nose (on top of the stuffy nose, makes for quite an experience, if you've had something similar, hah.) and it felt like my head was underwater.

So that's pretty much gone, I have a runny/stuffy nose a little, but all of a sudden I have this TERRBILE cough... just these past two days has been hell. I cough my throat raw, and I cough myself to the point of gagging. It's just terrible. One of my best friends, Elliott, has the same thing, except his has lasted longer. :(

Ughh. I stayed home today. The cough is just KILLING me.

king2005
03-21-2006, 02:31 PM
how much veggies do you eat?
how much water do u drink?
how much cig. smoke are you exposed too?

Once I moved to the GTA, I was finally able to eat veggies again. My body felt soooo gooood! I was also able to get away from the sick chain smoking! I have only gotten slightly ill, but nothing like before. I'll get a cough for maybe a day & its just a wee cough. My nose runs due to allergies, but even now it hardly ever does that.

I like 1-2 cups of mixed veggies at dinner. I use to eat a while can of veggies at my dads & hardly ever got ill.

I don't drink water, it makes my gut twist & ooooo the pain, so I drink some juices (I get ill of of grape, orange & any fake juice.)

Hope that helps a bit.

Anita Cholaine
03-21-2006, 02:40 PM
It has happened to me before... Being sick for a long time really sucks, you feel like you won't be healthy again...

Hope you feel better soon... Have some warm tea with lemon, maybe??? That could help with the cough...

(((hugs))) Feel better soon! ;)

king2005
03-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Thats what I was trying to remember, green tea... Helps a stuffy nose :)

If your having problems sleeping, try Neocitren (sp) LEMON, dear god don't try the other flavors! But the Lemon, puts me out like a light, with just the smell & a few sips

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-21-2006, 02:44 PM
My mom smokes CONSTANTLY. It sure isn't helping, thats for sure.

As for veggies, not very often. My dad hates veggies, so we don't eat them much at my dad's house.

Water, I do drink it if there's nothing else, but I know I could drink more. I drink water a lot during school.

king2005
03-21-2006, 02:51 PM
What I reccomend, is when your old enough to move out, eat 1-2 cups of veggies for dinner & get a fan in ur Room & have it blow over ur body. It makes it easier to breath, while your lungs try to heal.

Now that I know ur with a smoker, I highly doubt you have a cold. We call it a smokers cough or smokers cold, cause ur sick all year round, due tot he poisons in your lungs... If you can, open ur window all year round. It helps fresh air to get into ur lungs while sleeping & it helps the healing process.

Felix
03-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Hope your feeling better again soon :(

Karen
03-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Ask your mom about smoking only outside, if you cannot talk her into quitting for both of your sakes. The smoke is not helping your body's ability to fight the cold you have. If you have to, get yourself a simple mask - they have them at any hardware store, and even some supermarket - people use them when they're working around dusty places, or hazardous fumes, like some paint fumes. If you wear that around the house, it'll help cut down on the smoke particles you inhale, and give your mom an obvious - and ugly - reminder that her smoking effects not only herself, but you, too.