PDA

View Full Version : My new tattoos UPDATE WITH MORE

lv4dogs
03-21-2006, 02:00 PM
UPDATE:
Ok so I lied, I didn't get them done 1-2 at a time once a week until they were done, I went all out & got all the paw prints done at once. lol So now there are 13, yes lucky #13, prints but after looking at it for a couple days I may be able to squeeze in 2 more without them going below my ankle or above my knee.
Before too long this leg will be covered & completed. The artist will be working on drawing up Nooks portrait and I have tons of ideas for more tats to be added. This will be my "dog leg" lol. It will eventually also include Raustyk's big fat wet nose, some dog bones, a dogs eye (not sure whos yet) as well as something to do with Kaige, not sure what that will be just yet though to name a few. And most likely some shading will be on some pieces to help fill it in. The artist has a few other dog ideas & he's going to try to put a few things together for me.
I was amazed, I was expecting a few of them to hurt a lot, none of them hurt even half of much as I thought they would. The one near the back of my knee was the most bothersome but even that one didn't hurt that much. But boy oh boy I didn't think they would be this tight/sore the first couple days and possibly into the next couple days. Not that they really hurt hurt but they are sore. I never realized how much your leg bumps against things (and being clumsy with rambunctious dogs does not help either) or how much I toss & turn while I sleep. And the one on the back of the knee, never realized you move your knee that much. lol It's still way worth it though and I can not wait to get more!!

On with the new pics:
work in progress:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/nanryk/more%20pics/100_1571.jpg

All done: there are more bare spots than I thought there would be (but like I said it will be filled in) but it really does look a lot better in person. It's hard to get pics of something that wraps around something.
very bottom & top showing, although you can't see the last one & only part of the second to last one:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/nanryk/more%20pics/100_1577.jpg

Middle view:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/nanryk/more%20pics/100_1576.jpg

Top, you can't see the very top one on this pic though:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/nanryk/more%20pics/100_1578.jpg

__________________________________________________ _______________

I met up with a couple of my animal loving friends this past Sunday & we got new ink. I don't have pics of their tats with me but here's mine:

Here's the pics of my new tats, the middle paw print was already there but she did touch it up for me. I will be getting additions, eventually the prints will be "walking" up my leg, in a spiral type fashion. There will be about 1-2 added below those 3 then about 7-9 added above them. Hopefully I can get 1-2 done each week.

I plan to get a tribal drawing of Nanooks head & neck (almost wolf like) with a hidden polar bear design in his fur (thats what his name means in Inuit) on the back of my calf. So his head will kind of be surrounded by paw prints.

They aren't the best, it's a little difficult to take pics at an angle & upside down. lol
Oh & the top paw print is at a different angle, I needed it that way in order for them to "crawl" up my leg properly & not interfere with the tat that I will be getting on my calf.

http://nanryk.zoto.com/img/45/b5c54c0353244a83d85c0e717b216266-e8697.jpg
http://nanryk.zoto.com/img/45/59a83297adcea6fa3537c99b48bf4ba8-0dc6b.jpg

Jadapit
03-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Omg, I LOVE it!! They look great. :D I cant wait to see the one of Nanook I bet it will look awesome.

JenBKR
03-21-2006, 02:20 PM
What a great idea! I love it - and the one of Nook sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it when it's all done :D

BitsyNaceyDog
03-21-2006, 02:26 PM
That's awesome! I have one a lot like that.

Here's mine- (the picture is of when it was just done)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/KBlaix2/other/IMG_4273.jpg

Anita Cholaine
03-21-2006, 02:28 PM
I think it looks gorgeous!! :D And I can't wait to see the Nanook one, I'm sure it will be beautiful! I'd love a tattoo of my Anita...

king2005
03-21-2006, 02:34 PM
hmmmmm... maybe thats what I need :D

If I ever had the guts to do it, I'd get a snapping turtle on my back

Jadapit
03-21-2006, 02:42 PM
hmmmmm... maybe thats what I need :D

If I ever had the guts to do it, I'd get a snapping turtle on my back

Go for it!! :D I have a tattoo on my shoulder. It really didnt hurt much when I got it.

beeniesmom
03-21-2006, 02:45 PM
OK people, show us these tattoos!
I don't have any but think they are cool.
Sue I love yours! Can't wait to see the one of NookerMan!

king2005
03-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Go for it!! :D I have a tattoo on my shoulder. It really didnt hurt much when I got it.

hehe I'll have to wait a few years, until I can afford it, unless my sister finds out where I live & drags me to get one :rolleyes:

My sister is getting a new tat & I drew it :D I just have to get the images off my darn digi so I can send it to her, so she can get it done(been trying for 22 weeks now). Its a mix between a red eyed tree frog & a poison dart frog.. its really good :)

My co-worker has tats & he loved it!!

Queen of Poop
03-21-2006, 02:48 PM
I have mine planned and one day soon I hope to follow thru on getting it done. I want 4 paw prints on my right shoulder. One for each of the fur babies that I have lost to the rainbow bridge. I will continue to add to it as the years go by.

lv4dogs
03-21-2006, 03:30 PM
OK people, show us these tattoos!
I don't have any but think they are cool.
Sue I love yours! Can't wait to see the one of NookerMan!

I'll try to get pics of my other ones, I also have a decent size dragon on my thigh & a tribal partial band around one of my upper arms.
If money allowed I'd be covered. lol

buttercup132
03-21-2006, 03:49 PM
I got two of them :) One done when I was 14 last summer and I just got the star one last Friday. I didnt think you guys would like seeing them so I didnt post about it.
heres my first one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/me027.jpg
and the one I just had done, it was taken after it was done
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/newtatoomarch1706004.jpg
I really like yours cant wait to see the one of Nook

Felix
03-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Nices tattoos...wish I were brave enough :rolleyes: :o

anna_66
03-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Sue (and everyone else) cool tats. I do love them but haven't been inked for quite a while...ohhh you make me want one!
I love the sound of the one you plan on getting for Nanook, I'd love to have one of Angus & Keisha.

I have mine planned and one day soon I hope to follow thru on getting it done. I want 4 paw prints on my right shoulder. One for each of the fur babies that I have lost to the rainbow bridge. I will continue to add to it as the years go by.
What a great idea you have. Very nice.

cloverfdx
03-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Very nice Sue :D, love the paw prints. I am gettig a ring of small black paw prints around my left wrist with the top one coloured. It wont be happening for a while now as we are going on a big trip in about 3 months so i have to save up for that :(.

dab_20
03-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Very cool! I bet the one of Nanook will look so awsome! Nanook always reminded my of a cute mini polar bear. :)

Suki Wingy
03-21-2006, 09:28 PM
They look nice! The whole thing sounds really cool. I have wanted Niņo on the top of my foot and the names of every animal I have ever had somewhere (very small) for a while know. I'm thinking If I still want it when I'm 18 I'll go ahead and get it.

I got two of them :) One done when I was 14 last summer and I just got the star one last Friday.
who did you get them done if you were only 14?

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-22-2006, 12:34 AM
I ♥ everyone's tattoo's! I got one done when I was 18 - it's a black dragon. Almost everyone that has seen it comments on the awesome, unique shading the tattoo artist did. He was awesome! Being female, my mom thinks it is too "manly", I disagree - I LOVE dragons! :p

pnance
03-22-2006, 02:00 AM
I love the paw print tattoos...I'd never even though of that. I also really like the one of Nanook your planning on. I got one about a year ago, but can't really get a picture since it's on my back. I'm a real coward when it comes to needles and pain which is why it took me so long to get up the courage, but it really wasn't that bad. I'm considering getting a 2nd one, but havn't decided yet what to get.

vinjashira
03-22-2006, 03:02 AM
that is cool Sue! (and others too)

I wonder if I have the courage to get a tatoo one day

buttercup132
03-22-2006, 06:53 AM
They look nice! The whole thing sounds really cool. I have wanted Niņo on the top of my foot and the names of every animal I have ever had somewhere (very small) for a while know. I'm thinking If I still want it when I'm 18 I'll go ahead and get it.

who did you get them done if you were only 14?
The shop I go to get my peircings done they let it slip cause I know them. And I was turning 15 in a month.

lv4dogs
03-22-2006, 09:32 AM
I ♥ everyone's tattoo's! I got one done when I was 18 - it's a black dragon. Almost everyone that has seen it comments on the awesome, unique shading the tattoo artist did. He was awesome! Being female, my mom thinks it is too "manly", I disagree - I LOVE dragons! :p

Wow, that is absoluteky beautiful, I love it. I am a dragon lover too, I'll have to get a pic of the dragon I have on my thigh.

Jadapit
03-22-2006, 09:51 AM
My son has a tattoo of a dragon on his calf. Here is a picture of it.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pf984c7d220f9864eb460d40b1302e9a4/efbfb44d.jpg

Try not to laugh at mine. ;) A friend did it for me its not the best tattoo in the world. I should go have it touched up and colored in.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p0015813da2bb6abb694aa82a17687c1d/efbfb3f7.jpg

pitc9
03-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Great Tats everyone!!!
One day when (if) I get the nerve I want paw prints too.
I don't know for sure where, but somewhere. :D
I think I've not gotten one yet because I know if I get one, I'll keep getting them!!! :D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Wow, that is absoluteky beautiful, I love it. I am a dragon lover too, I'll have to get a pic of the dragon I have on my thigh.

Thank you! :D

Suki Wingy
03-22-2006, 07:50 PM
The shop I go to get my peircings done they let it slip cause I know them. And I was turning 15 in a month.
wow, my mom's pretty good about stuff but she'd kill me if I got a tat before 18!

lv4dogs
03-27-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm getting the rest of the pawprints this Saturday. I can't wait!!!!! :D :D :D

lv4dogs
04-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Bumping up for my update which is included in the first post. :D

Corinna
04-03-2006, 02:55 PM
You all should take a road trip to visit lute . Her folks art tatoo artists . have a shop there in town.

sirrahved
04-03-2006, 03:02 PM
That is too cool! I love it! Now will you convince my hubby to let me get a tat?

Can't wait to see your next one.

JenBKR
04-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Sue those pawprints look awesome! I love it :D

lv4dogs
04-03-2006, 03:08 PM
I love it! Now will you convince my hubby to let me get a tat?

No problem, how do I contact him? ;)

christa
04-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Very cool! Love it! I'd love to have one but I think I'm too big of a baby! I've always wanted one across the small of my back. :eek:

k9krazee
04-03-2006, 04:20 PM
I love it, Sue! :D

Suki Wingy
04-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Looks Great!

pnance
04-03-2006, 11:15 PM
They look great!! He did a really good job. I have a question though, I've heard the closer to bone you get a tattoo the more painful it is, any idea if there's any truth to that?

finn's mom
04-03-2006, 11:48 PM
I love them!

Cheshirekatt
04-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Very cool! I just had some work done myself.

Here is the first part, it's Marc Anthony from the Looney Tunes:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/Cheshirekatt1/IMGP1069.jpg

A blurry close-up:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/Cheshirekatt1/IMGP1065.jpg

Just yesterday I had the cute little kitty added (Pussyfoot), in three poses as a band around my arm. I'll take some pics!

Cheshirekatt
04-04-2006, 01:02 AM
Here are some more pics. I had to take pictures with my arm up over my head to get the one towards the back of my arm, so it's hard to see how they all fit together in these. When I've got help, I'll have someone take pictures so you can see how they all relate to each other.

I still have to decide whether or not I want some background in between the kitties. I'm pretty sure I do....I just have to decide what.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/Cheshirekatt1/IMGP1086.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/Cheshirekatt1/rotatepussyfoot.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/Cheshirekatt1/rotatepussyfoot2.jpg

lv4dogs
04-04-2006, 09:02 AM
They look great!! He did a really good job. I have a question though, I've heard the closer to bone you get a tattoo the more painful it is, any idea if there's any truth to that?

Yes there is truth to that, obviously because there is less "padding". The muscle is another sensative spot, mainly only if you are really tone. And areas where the skin is thinner, inner elbow, behind the knee, inner arm up near the armpit, etc...
BUT it also depends on your pain tollerence too. Everyone is different.

The worst area so far for me was the inner arm when I had my partial arm band done. Back then they didn't have tables either so I had to hold my arm for an hour or so, I'm sure that didn't help much either. lol Even still I would never say that any of my tattoos actually hurt, they would just get a little bothersome/sore/irritated after a bit. I do have a failry high pain tollerence too but I still wouldn't say they really hurt as I know a lot of people with no pain tollerence that have had tats done & even they said the same thing, it didn't really hurt just irritating, almost like rubbing an area over & over again or touching a slight sunburn. And thats what they feel like the first couple days of healing, like a slight sunburn. After 1-3 days though you usually don't feel a thing.

lv4dogs
04-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Kat, those are great tats! I love them!! I wanna get Spike & the little dog tattooed some day, the cartoon where the little dog jumps over Spike the bulldog, saying "where we goin' spike, huh huh can I go" LOL

christa, If you really have no pain tollerence I would not reccomend getting your first tat on the small of your back... well maybe if you are prepared for it or even if it is a small tattoo. That would be a little sensative, not only is your bone close to the surface but the skin is a little thinner back there as well, that is if you are on the slim side. It's not really that bad & I don't mean to scare you but a larger piece in that area for a first timer that is not good with pain at all may not be the best route to take. I'd probably start off with a smaller on in a less sensative spot just to get a feel for it.

king2005
04-04-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm really thinking of getting a tattoo now *darn you* :D
However I want to get back to "my" healthy weight so it wont get all freaking looking as I loose a bit of weight.

I get monthly bonus' of 100.00 so I can get a nice one, I'm thinking on my arm, it'll be of Axle & of my own sketch (so I can get the marking correct). I want it to say, "Axle, Common Snapping Turtle, June 1999 - "

Any tats I may get will all be of my own sketches :) I like my stuff too much

lute
04-04-2006, 03:10 PM
You all should take a road trip to visit lute . Her folks art tatoo artists . have a shop there in town.
that's right! my parents own a tattoo shop here in southern Indiana. PTers GET HUGE DISCOUNTS! :D my mom is the tattoo artist. she's been in national tatto magazines and all that fancy stuff!

i have one tat for now. tribal sunreys with a pink heart in the middle. my next one is a normal black paw print. and i have this black tribal great dane head i'm getting on my ancle.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/BeanieGracie/graphics/new20head.gif

lv4dogs
04-04-2006, 03:48 PM
that's right! my parents own a tattoo shop here in southern Indiana. PTers GET HUGE DISCOUNTS! :D my mom is the tattoo artist. she's been in national tatto magazines and all that fancy stuff!

i have one tat for now. tribal sunreys with a pink heart in the middle. my next one is a normal black paw print. and i have this black tribal great dane head i'm getting on my ancle.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/BeanieGracie/graphics/new20head.gif

Ok now I have to come to Indiana. lol I was planning on going there after the Findlay meeting this May but my friend who I was going to visit there just moved to Ohio and my finances don't allow another extra trip at the moment. I wills tart saving for another trip though, possibly to indinana. ;)

Kfamr
04-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Love it!

I want to get a print of Simba's paw (from ink & paper) and have the artist tattoo it in a similar area of your's. I may get the girl's too, but Simba for sure. (He's my boy just like Nook is your's. ;) )

lute
04-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Ok now I have to come to Indiana. lol I was planning on going there after the Findlay meeting this May but my friend who I was going to visit there just moved to Ohio and my finances don't allow another extra trip at the moment. I wills tart saving for another trip though, possibly to indinana. ;)

let me know if you come over here! i'll be sure to get you GREAT deal. ;) be sure to bring those cute puppers with you as well! :D

lv4dogs
04-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Love it!

I want to get a print of Simba's paw (from ink & paper) and have the artist tattoo it in a similar area of your's. I may get the girl's too, but Simba for sure. (He's my boy just like Nook is your's. ;) )

I bet that would look great. I wanted to do that soooo bad, get "real" dog prints tattooed but figured they would be too big to do what I want to do, there wouldn't be room for Nooks head. lol So my prints just represent dogs in general then one tatoo will be done of each of my dogs in memory of them themselves.

I'd love to see yours when you get it done. ;)

lvpets2002
04-05-2006, 09:53 AM
:) Hey I like the paws around the leg idea.. Pretty neat.. I have on my left leg a Bangle Tiger rouring & in the middle of a Big Rose.. I call it my TigerRose..

Cheshirekatt
04-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Kat, those are great tats! I love them!! I wanna get Spike & the little dog tattooed some day, the cartoon where the little dog jumps over Spike the bulldog, saying "where we goin' spike, huh huh can I go" LOL

Yeah, I love Spike and Chester! They're so funny. I'm also a huge fan of Claude Cat and Frisky Puppy.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/Cheshirekatt1/claude002.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/Cheshirekatt1/spikeandchester.jpg

pnance
04-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Yes there is truth to that, obviously because there is less "padding". The muscle is another sensative spot, mainly only if you are really tone. And areas where the skin is thinner, inner elbow, behind the knee, inner arm up near the armpit, etc...
BUT it also depends on your pain tollerence too. Everyone is different.

The worst area so far for me was the inner arm when I had my partial arm band done. Back then they didn't have tables either so I had to hold my arm for an hour or so, I'm sure that didn't help much either. lol Even still I would never say that any of my tattoos actually hurt, they would just get a little bothersome/sore/irritated after a bit. I do have a failry high pain tollerence too but I still wouldn't say they really hurt as I know a lot of people with no pain tollerence that have had tats done & even they said the same thing, it didn't really hurt just irritating, almost like rubbing an area over & over again or touching a slight sunburn. And thats what they feel like the first couple days of healing, like a slight sunburn. After 1-3 days though you usually don't feel a thing.

Thanks for the info. I've got one across my shoulder blade, and your right it wasn't that bad, it was more an irritant than pain, but I'm considering one on my ankle which is right on bone which is why I was curious. I confess I can be a bit of a coward when it come to pain..lol ;)

Cheshirekatt I love the cats! and Marc Anthony!