PDA

View Full Version : Update on Forgea rescue???

AmberLee
04-24-2002, 12:50 AM
Hi guys, I just read an update on the rescue of Forgea (http://www.theksbwchannel.com/news/1412098/detail.html) that confuses me. I thought it was all over, but is still in process?

:confused:

Still, some of the info in this report was encouraging: donations for the rescue and some highlights on what's making it challenging... and I thought you might be interested, too.

"Here Forgea, Forgea ... good doggy..."

lynnestankard
04-24-2002, 05:24 AM
Where you bin girl?:D :D :D They got the doggy off safe and sound - you must have been at work or doing something else boring!!!!:D I think the thread is THEY GOT THE DOG OFF or something very similar - I can't do that thing where you put 'click here' and up pops the page you need - I'm too senior!!!!!
Great news eh AmberLee - another doggie safe and sound:)

Lynne

Daisylover
04-24-2002, 09:27 AM
I saw a report also that says they are dropping food but still have not yet picked up the dog...that was last night, Tues 4/23 evening....????:confused:
I got the impression that the thread saying the dog had been rescued had jumped the gun.....

gini
04-24-2002, 10:00 AM
I just read about Forgea this morning. The fishing boat and men that were sent to rescue her were able to go aboard, but Forgea was so scared that she kept going "below". They couldn't get her and couldn't go below because of the condition of the ship. It had caught fire and is now adrift.

The article today says that the ship has drifted into American waters so the Coast Guard has taken over - to rescue the dog and to analyze the condition of the ship and what to do about it.
It has a huge amount of oil aboard.

I say "she" but realized I don't know if the dog is male or female.

Let's just keep praying they can catch the dog. Happily the majority feel any money spent on her rescue is worth it.

gini
04-24-2002, 10:03 AM
[i]I got the impression that the thread saying the dog had been rescued had jumped the gun..... [/B]

You are right - the Honolulu paper optimistically said the dog had been rescued when in fact all that had happened is that the fishermen had boarded the ship - but they couldn't catch the dog.

So they did jump the gun in saying the dog had already been rescued.

lynnestankard
04-24-2002, 10:14 AM
Not sure who jumped what!!! It was definitley announced on BBC Radio on Monday morning that the dog HAD been rescued! Hope they got it right - 'cos there were a lot of excited people on Monday morning on the previous thread!!:)

Lynne

jennifert
04-25-2002, 09:55 AM
This article was on CNN today. This is turning into a circus!! Just get the dog!!!! We can send a man to the moon but we can't stop a ship?

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/04/25/life.dog.reut/index.html