PDA

View Full Version : meows

toughCookie
04-24-2002, 12:42 AM
Can you tell whcih of your cats are meowing when they are out of your view? do you recognize each ones different sound? Most of the time, I do, but once in a while they fool me. :eek:

Fuzzy317
04-24-2002, 12:55 AM
Most times I can tell our 4 cats apart by their "meow", and on the same idea, I can tell our 4 dogs apart by their barks.

AmberLee
04-24-2002, 01:01 AM
Yes, but most people don't believe me so I was beginning to doubt myself. Thanks so much for starting this thread!!!

LoudLou
04-24-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee
Yes, but most people don't believe me so I was beginning to doubt myself.

AmberLee no need to doubt yourself. I too can distinguish wich Bean is meowing. Both Beans have a distinct YEow.... Besides, a Mother always knows.;)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-24-2002, 01:42 AM
originally posted by Loud Lou
a Mother always knows.;)
So true....
I can tell Tinky and Jupiters meow apart.....
Tinky has a cute little squeek meow and Jupiter has a deep purring meow.....
I LOVE MY BABIES SOOOO MUCH!!!!! :D

Nomilynn
04-24-2002, 02:41 AM
I can always tell too! Tilly still sounds very much like a kitten.. she mews. She also usually purr-meows.. you know, that little trill noise cats make when their mouths are still shut :)

Gio
04-24-2002, 04:41 AM
I can always tell. All 3 of them have completely different meows. Prema herself has different ways of meowing so we know what she wants, we can tell when she wants cuddles, when she's hungry, when she wants to go out on the balcony or play...

sirocco
04-24-2002, 05:10 AM
Sure!! I doubted I was able the first times (as AmberLee said, people made so!) , so took the trouble to check, and there it is, I never made a mistake!!! :D

Nita

lynnestankard
04-24-2002, 05:29 AM
At one time I thought I could tell them apart - but just lately not sure what they've been doing 'cos they've started imitating each other - I swear!!!:D
Went dashing to let Dan out the other day and there sat Bagel staring at me as if to say 'That got you moving didn't it!!!!'
Are they ganging up on me? Theme to twilight zone builds up at this point.....................

Lynne

Pam
04-24-2002, 05:52 AM
Trevor has sort of a bass tone meow, while Andy meows in soprano! ;) They are very easy to tell apart!

Ann
04-24-2002, 06:42 AM
Yup, I could tell my two cats apart no problem at all. To me they sounded very different.

yumyum6970
04-24-2002, 06:46 AM
Oh yes, but we only have two kitties :)

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Logan
04-24-2002, 06:54 AM
Butter has that loud Siamese sounding "Yeooowwww". It is easy to tell him from Mimi's little squeak. She hardly ever meows! Spends most of her noisemaking time purring loudly!!! :D

sasvermont
04-24-2002, 07:48 AM
My two, even though they are brother and sister, do have different meows. I can't tell them apart when they are sleeping in bed with me or fighting, but when they are meowing, I surely can tell the difference. The male cat is much louder and persistant and the female is much softer and gives up eventually! ;)

zippy-kat
04-24-2002, 08:23 AM
Oh yes, I can tell. Our Clarice calls to my sister and I as she did her kittens, w/ everyone else it's a 'normal' meow. Tinker talks and talks and talks and talks and....couldn't forget her voice if ya wanted to! lol ;)

Max and Tom never did the short meow...they ALWAYS did the whole 'tom cat' rrrrrr-ow ('ow' with an 'r' at the front) and it was ALWAYS loud and long!:p

Heather Wallace
04-24-2002, 08:53 AM
Yes I would definately know one from the other. I can also impersonate each cats meows!

Lachesis
04-24-2002, 10:13 AM
Our babies are not even that old and I can tell the difference, Max has this deep purr... Pepper's is more of a high purr/mew and Milo you almost can not hear it and it isnt consistant.... kinda broken up sounding.... :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-24-2002, 01:09 PM
Definitely. Tubby is very vocal and is always talking and complaining about something. :rolleyes: Peanut, on the other hand, is very quiet and only meows when she wants something, like treats. :rolleyes: Tubby has a definite meow and it differs depending on what he is trying to say. Peanut has a little squeak of a meow, except when we're talking treats. She's such a little cutey and such a little dainty girl kitty. Tubby is the big brute of a tom cat, and their meows match their personalities. :D

Former User
04-24-2002, 03:06 PM
Oh yes, no problem. Casper goes "auuuuuu" and Kitty sounds like a frog... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

daurdiem
04-24-2002, 03:10 PM
Definetly! I think I can even tell them apart by the sound of their purr...Crazy? When they crawl up to my head at 4:00am I can tell who it is by the deep sound of their purr.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-24-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
and Kitty sounds like a frog... [/B][/color]:rolleyes: :rolleyes: [/B]

LOL :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
04-25-2002, 12:49 AM
I can tell my cats meows apart too. Sunny has the loudest meow. Storm has a little baby meow. It sounds more like a kitten. Pepper has a little meow too but it's a little bit deeper than Storm's. When Storm is in his cat carrier sometimes people think he's a kitten. The funny thing is that Storm is my biggest cat then Pepper and then Sunny. I guess in my house the smaller you are the louder you are.