PDA

View Full Version : I'm Worried About This Guy

RobiLee
03-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Our humane society has found a male akita. I always check out their website and was shocked to see him there. I'm very worried about him. I know how people feel about akitas and he is also a dark color and that just probably makes it worse. I called about him this morning. I don't really know why because I am certain that Alden will not want a full grown akita. He will want to raise a pup, expecially being an akita. Anyway, I did call and they are still looking for the owner. They are going to wait a couple of days before they put him up for adoption. I'm praying the owner comes and claims him.

Here he is. You can click on his pics to make it bigger.

Akita (http://www.rosscountyhumanesociety.org/)

Roxyluvsme13
03-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Wow, he's gorgeous! Maybe it's a sign for you ;).

Cincy'sMom
03-20-2006, 08:10 PM
He is a handsome boy! Hopefully his owners will come looking for him and it will be a mute point. Are there any Akita rescue groups you could start contacting, just in case?

RobiLee
03-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I know of MARS (http://www.akitas.org/) so I can try and reach them if I need to. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying that he just got loose and the owners will check in with the humane society soon. I will definitely call back in a couple of days to see what is going on.

dab_20
03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
He is gorgous!! I hope his owners find him soon, and if not, I hope he finds a loving family.

luvofallhorses
03-20-2006, 09:36 PM
He is gorgous!! I hope his owners find him soon, and if not, I hope he finds a loving family.

ditto.

Chilli
03-20-2006, 09:36 PM
He is so beautiful, I love his darker coloring! :D Someone must be missing a wonderful dog, he'll be in my thoughts that his owner will claim him. And if he was abandoned, I hope he finds his furever home soon! :)

jackie
03-21-2006, 01:40 AM
I am sure that someone will be missing that big beautiful boy, if not I will keep my fingers crossed for the perfect furever home.

Cookiebaker
03-21-2006, 04:17 AM
Wow! He's gorgeous!!

I'm no expert by any means, but I wonder if he has some chow in him? His face reminded me a LOT of Huney's, and could also be why he is so dark. :confused:

RobiLee
03-21-2006, 08:05 AM
He pretty much looks full blooded akita to me. Akitas come in all colors. So he has the coloring of an akita also.

I will probably check in again tomorrow to see how he is. Let pray that his owner has already claimed him.

lv4dogs
03-21-2006, 09:33 AM
What a beautiful boy. I hope his owners find him or (hint hint, hehe) he finds his forever home soon. :D

zoomer
03-21-2006, 10:02 AM
What a handsome big boy :) I hope his owner claims him, what a shame it would be to loose such a dog! If he or she doesn't... maybe... you could? ;)

Jadapit
03-21-2006, 11:33 AM
He looks so much like my neighbors daughters Akita! Her Akita is dark he is really beautiful. I hope his owners claim him. Poor boy.

Muddy4paws
03-21-2006, 11:57 AM
I love his colouring, Are people more put off by a darker coloured Akita? :confused:

ramanth
03-21-2006, 02:41 PM
He's adorable! I hope his owners or a new good home are found.

k9krazee
03-21-2006, 04:38 PM
He's handsome!!! I'm going to sound like a broken record but I hope he finds a furrrever home or that hes reunited with his owners! Keep us updated!

anna_66
03-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Robin, have you called yet today?

cyber-sibes
03-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Will keep our paws crossed his owners claim him, or he gets a good home. He's a handsome fella! I wonder if he's a young male, he looks kind of small for an Akita - or is just the angle of the picture? I like his coloring.

KYS
03-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Robin how sad, I hope the owners claim him soon.
At least I think this is a non kill shelter.
I found an Akita mix at our local kill shelter and I contacted
a rescue in my State. They went and looked at him, and picked him up.
Not sure what ever happened to him though.
Contacting the Akita rescues like Mars is a great idea.

P.S.
I had two Akita fixes yesterday.
A couple was walking with their two Akita's. They were visiting.
I remember seeing them about 3 years ago.
Their older male was put to sleep and they have a 2 year old male
they got from Washington from a show breeder who they
told me is known for great temperaments and breeding softer akita's.
He was a doll and was not dog dominant, or aggressive, and very people
friendly.
I was thinking of you. lol :D

They went up to my house to take a peak at
Rocky and Sheba behind the chain link fence.
Of course my Rocky was not a happy camper. lol