PDA

View Full Version : Who Say's We're Crazy?

K & L
03-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Who thinks we’re nuts? Scooter was back to the vet again today with another infection. He’s back on antibiotics and this could turn into long term, according to the vet. Because of the infection he is leaking even worse than before in spite of his new meds. He’s been confined to our bedroom because of this, so this means scrubbing it down on a daily basis, changing the sheets daily, and wiping all the furniture down daily. It’s a lot of added duties just for one cat. Yet on the other hand he is so loving, sweet, and has turned out to be a lot of fun. He will crawl up and curl up in Kevin’s arms, will stretch across his stomach, and the other night woke me up by curing up into my neck and purring and kissing me. So are we crazy to not give up on this little guy?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/pe8521c4da019f41cbeb1c3e44cca6d6b/f0119ce1.jpg

kb2yjx
03-20-2006, 06:35 PM
I do not think so!! Just look at that face! He will give you so much love because you are trying so hard to help him!!! Prayers for Scooter to get well soon!!!

Laura's Babies
03-20-2006, 06:42 PM
On Amy's bad days, she can not make it to the litter box, it is just a fact of life and I don't love her any less and I do not scold her because I know some days she just can't walk that far. I do put down puppy pads when she is having a bad day for her to use but she is determined that she is not so helpless that she HAS to use them so she will try doubly hard to get to the litter box.

If you have a wal mart (or something like that) where you live, why not try covering things with the puppy pads.. I got a pack of 50 for around $10. (Just a suggestion)

He is just to handsome and sounds to sweet, I would have to try everything I could to help him.

Edit to add, that I like the puppy pads so much that I have them outside the litter boxes to catch the litter. They are just TO handy and I find many uses for them...

rg_girlca
03-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Poor sweet Scooter and poor you Lisa. Once the infection is cleared up, does this mean he will leak just a little like before? Do you know how often these infections will occur? Do you know what is causing this? Can you and your hubby take turns cleaning the room? Sorry for the questions. :(

No Lisa, you are not crazy at all. You are such a caring, loving, devoted cat lover. Scooter is such a love bug. He has such a sad looking face in that picture that you just can't help but take care of him.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for precious Scooter and BIG

((((((HUGS))))))for you Lisa.

K & L
03-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Poor sweet Scooter and poor you Lisa. Once the infection is cleared up, does this mean he will leak just a little like before? Do you know how often these infections will occur? Do you know what is causing this? Can you and your hubby take turns cleaning the room? Sorry for the questions. :(

No Lisa, you are not crazy at all. You are such a caring, loving, devoted cat lover. Scooter is such a love bug. He has such a sad looking face in that picture that you just can't help but take care of him.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for precious Scooter and BIG

((((((HUGS))))))for you Lisa.

First of all I'm glad to see one person (so far) thinks we're crazy, cause I do! :D
When his infection cleared up this last time his dripping, with the new meds, was beginning to get much better.

We're not sure if these infections will continue, or this is just a rough spot before the light at the end of the tunnel.

We're not sure what is causing these, but I questioned the vet cause we had changed litter on him just a couple days ago since he wasn't leaking so badly. We had him on the Yesterday's News because this didn't cling to his wet fur like the regular litters. The vet said this could just be a coincidence, but not sure. We switched back to Yesterday's News.

Kevin helps, but I get home earlier and just start cleaning! He's so good with these guys I can't complain (much)! ;)

No problem asking questions, just makes you understand this situation more! :)

Let's just hope this is a rough spot in the road and it will eventually get better. I hate to put him out in the garage/cat run in fear I wouldn't notice soon enough if he developed another infection. So in the room he will remain with Gypsy and the others keeping him company.

jenluckenbach
03-20-2006, 07:18 PM
I think you are as crazy as I am. ;) I know that if I brought a cat into my family, then I have made a committment. I could not just give up and walk away. Although I often worry about some day not having the means to do what will be necessary.

So.....you ARE crazy, but compassionate........and I would probably do the same thing. :D

rg_girlca
03-20-2006, 07:19 PM
How I pray that this IS just a rough spot for the poor guy.

Kevin, you are such a sweetie pie. Do you have a brother just like you?? ;)

It's so good to know that Scooter has company with him.

Sweet kisses to you Scooter and ((((((HUGS)))))) still on the way for you Lisa and lets not forget Kevin also. :)

catmandu
03-20-2006, 08:31 PM
If love is Crazy,and Compassion a sign of Insanity then they can come and lock me up anytime.
As the Late John Lennon once wrote
Who In The World
Do you think you are
To be Laughing in the Face of Love.

K & L
03-21-2006, 07:04 AM
I think you are as crazy as I am. ;) I know that if I brought a cat into my family, then I have made a committment. I could not just give up and walk away. Although I often worry about some day not having the means to do what will be necessary.

So.....you ARE crazy, but compassionate........and I would probably do the same thing. :D

Not only is this a worry for us, but what if something happened to us? We have so many depending on us daily. The park cats, the work cats, and of course the many at home. It's a scary thought!

moosmom
03-21-2006, 07:13 AM
Lisa,

Of COURSE you're crazy!!! Crazy in LOOOOOOOOOVE. One look at that precious face and who WOULDN'T be????

Hopefully this is just a phase and it'll clear up soon.

catmandu
03-21-2006, 09:38 AM
The Quality Of Mercy Is Not Strained
It Falls Like The Gentle Rain From Heaven
And Blesses He Who Gives And
He Who Recieves Equally.
Shakespheares Greatest Lines.

kimlovescats
03-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Oh Lisa ..... just look at that little Scooter bug's FACE!!! His little eyes are so unusally expressive! I think maybe God gave him his sweet looks, to keep you fighting the big fight for him! ;) I can certainly imagine and understand your frustration and questioning your sanity at times .... but it's obvious that you also love this little guy and find that he is more than worth the effort!!! You have a HUGE heart of love and compassion, and THAT is why you do what you do! Of course, if at any time things get too out of control and you find you simply must put him in the enclosure, we would all certainly understand! Give that adorable boy some kisses for me, PLEASE!

Here's a big ((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))) for you too, Lisa!

Kim :)

Mad Mags Moo
03-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Crazy YES!!!!! but I would do the same thing for such a cutie pie!!!! :D

Karen
03-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Is there any chance of using a "kitty diaper?"

smokey the elder
03-21-2006, 12:28 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Breeders use "stud pants", which are basically a diaper to keep the males from marking (I guess.)

K & L
03-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Is there any chance of using a "kitty diaper?"

We've tried them only to find the diaper, but no Scooter! :D We got the smallest size but he still is so tiny he can manage his way out of them.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-21-2006, 02:50 PM
I must confess: I would do THE SAME thing!!! :)