PDA

View Full Version : Leaping!!!!

Nomilynn
04-23-2002, 07:27 PM
Does anyone else's cat LEAP?? Tilly can get a good 4 feet off the ground when she is chasing her mousie on a stick. She also tosses her toys into the air and leaps after them.. I have to try and get some pictures! :eek:

yumyum6970
04-24-2002, 06:49 AM
Yes Yum Yum does that when she tries to attack Dutchess. It is soo funny! :)

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

AmberLee
04-24-2002, 10:38 AM
He's mellowed (a little bit) but in his kitten stage I was beginning to wonder if Cassy was capable of low flight!!! The caper that most amzed me, though, was watching him pull himself across the BOTTOM of his carpetted cat perch (about 2 foot, uh .7 m?) that was at the top of his cat tree (about 7 feet off the ground 2.3m? Arrgh! I'm NEVER going to understand/think metrics!!!) Anyway, I hovered underneath hoping to catch his body when he fell, but he just pulled himself back into his perch with a jaunty little flip of his tail. Reminded me a bit of motto or legends of mountain-climbers: because it's there...

Aren't cats amazing creatures?

Former User
04-26-2002, 02:16 AM
Casper and Kitty do this while jumping off from bed or couch. They look so funny, front paws bend and they just fly... Trying to get a picture but it's a bit hard. Results end up being half a tail/bum/half a cat, few paws, but never the action itself.... :rolleyes:

04-26-2002, 08:54 AM
:D of course Sydney leaps !!! To catch the laser light , to catch a treat , etc... ! It is impossible to take a pic .... I tried it , but it is like Niina says : just thin air !!!

maxx's mom
04-26-2002, 08:28 PM
Maxx leaps and does back flips for a particular toy I have for her that her Grandma bought for Christmas. It's a bunch of ribbons on the end of a stick and I swear she's going to take flight one of these days:eek: :eek: :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-26-2002, 09:21 PM
Whenever Tubby sees the garage door open, he just flies right out and doesn't even bother with the steps. :D As compared to when he comes in, it's like he can barely lift his foot high enough to get it on the step. :rolleyes:

kgeorge
04-30-2002, 10:57 AM
Yes, my Sundance (Norweigian Forest Cat) leaps real high and he puts his paws out and spread his fingers! His new favorite
"Toy" is a plastic spoon, one was laying on the table and now he bats it around and carries it to his food dish. I came home the other day and there were 4 mousies and on spoon in the food dish!:)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-30-2002, 12:05 PM
All four of mine are leapers too! Luke is really funny to watch because he crouches down and wiggles his bum before takeoff! Must get better wind lift that way or something. :eek: :)

Nomilynn
04-30-2002, 12:59 PM
Tilly does the same thing - the bum wiggle! It's so cute! Because both of mine are indoor, they THINK they are being unoticeable, but they are both so clumsy.. it's hilarious! :D

Lachesis
04-30-2002, 02:12 PM
Oh yes! All 3 leap when playing with their mice... playing with the laser light (watch out!!)and apparently Max can jump off the top of his kitty house (appx 7') and Pepper has jumped probably 4.5 feet (off the second tier).