PDA

View Full Version : Pet Health Insurance?

Nomilynn
04-23-2002, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone here had ever looked into health insurance for pets. I've never really thought about it myself, because I only have two indoor cats and so I never think about them getting injured, but they could still get sick. I think back to when my parent's cat Krinkles had a urinary tract infection - we got him to the vet JUST in time (another 24 hours and he would have been gone) and that was terribly expensive. Our vet gave us a deal, but.. I wonder if insurance would be worth it? What are your thoughts?

:)

AmberLee
04-23-2002, 09:02 PM
I don't know.

When I first started looking into it, there was only one company offering coverage and it seemed very high for what little they covered. Now there are many companies I've found, but haven't compared the coverage to the rates to the reputation of the company. (And I'm trying to ignore the whole issue cause the thought of my fur-babies ill or in pain is painful! :rolleyes: :eek: ) Maybe someone has already researched this and will have WONDERFUL advice for both of us! ;) :D

Anybody?

lynnestankard
04-24-2002, 10:24 AM
Our three are all insured it costs me £18 per month for the three of them. Their covered for everything apart from booster injections, yearly check ups and stuff like nail snipping.
Last year when Dan was getting lots of bites (we think from Bagel!!) they all turned Yucky and needed lots of treatment - the insurance saved us a fortune - we have to pay the first £50 of any treatment they need - but if it's an ongoing complaint we only pay that the first time all the other claims are paid in full.
We also had our late cat Kisi (RB) insured and that again was worth it - especially at the end of her life.
Don't forget all this information pertains to UK - not at all sure what it's like in USA.

Lynne

moosmom
05-15-2002, 11:55 AM
Pet Insurance in the U.S. can be expensive if you have alot of cats. I have 7. I was told the best thing is to insure the oldest cats as they seem to have more problems as they age. It was way too expensive for me so I decided to skip it for now.