PDA

View Full Version : For Maya & Inka's mommy

Pawsitive Thinking
03-20-2006, 04:15 AM
Please join me in sending Lut our best wishes as she has a hospital appointment today

chocolatepuppy
03-20-2006, 04:57 AM
My thoughts will be with you Lut. {hugs}

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-20-2006, 05:47 AM
THANK YOU both!!
I am absolutely NOT looking forward to this.
I am sure lots of you remember all the tests I went through lately, and last year. I have infections everywhere in all joints, but docs cannot find what causes this. Thanks to Prednisone, the pain is much more bearable now; but it is just a cover-up: as soon as I stop taking it, it will all be back.
So it is very important to find the cause!!!
I am changing hospitals now, as my docs haven't found what they are looking for. So they send me to the University Hospital (Academic) in Ghent. This hospital is very famous, it has the best doctors . It is where new doctors-to-be follow their education!
The reason why I don't feel very much like going, is because they will start all over again... :( . I am bringing a whole bag of information from all thopse tests I had. But I am afraid that they will want to do it all again.... :eek: . Money money money..... :rolleyes: :(

I am readyto leave now. I will report as soon as I am back.

Alysser
03-20-2006, 05:53 AM
I hope you feel better very soon!

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-20-2006, 05:55 AM
oh no.. i'm sorry Lut.

Praying you get a good report today..! :)

Killearn Kitties
03-20-2006, 06:26 AM
Very, very best of luck today, Lut. I really hope they find some leads to follow up.

Lilith Cherry
03-20-2006, 07:19 AM
God bless you Lut! I hope they find it is something simple and easy to deal with.. lots of good thoughts from China!

Laura's Babies
03-20-2006, 07:47 AM
Hope this new hospital finds the source of infection and can get you feeling better soon!

Felix
03-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Thoughts are with you,hope everythings goes ok

Donnaj4962
03-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Many thoughts and prayers are with you today that this new hospital and the doctors will find the source of your pain and eliminate it for you! Please keep us posted!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-20-2006, 10:40 AM
UPDATE!

I am back home now. It was just as I expected. The doc read all the stuff I brought with me, looked at the X-rays, then examined me. The good news is that he won't re-do all the tests, which is a huge relief :rolleyes: . But he wants some other tests, like a "bone-scan". I was lucky to get an appointment for this tomorrow already! I have to be there at 10.30am. I will get an injection( it is something "nuclear). Then I may leave the hospital, and I have to come back at 2 pm. They will take that bone-scan then. I don't know what he expects to find there; but I am happy this is a test I never had before. So, who knows.... :) . He wants to see me again on April 3th. Normally we are not home then, as we rented an appointment at the seaside for a week. But Ghent is only 1 hour drive from there, so it is fine for us; and my hubby will be with me too then, so that is even better.

Let's hope they find what is wrong asap, because the meds I am taking now are very strong, and also addictive!

Thanks for all the support!!

Killearn Kitties
03-20-2006, 10:48 AM
So we've got to think about you tomorrow too?! ;) :D That's OK, we can do that. Best of luck again tomorrow, Lut. I hope they find something soon that they can treat, instead of just the pain-killers.

Randi
03-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Lut, I'm glad to hear that you won't have to have all the tests again - that must be a relief. :) I really hope that they find the cause of your pain and can do something about it! It's awful having to be on medication. :(

I wish you the best of luck for the bone scan and your next appointment! :)

(((((Hugs)))))

lisalee
03-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Lut, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they can find out something to help you feel better soon.

luvofallhorses
03-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Lut,

you will be in my thoughts and prayers..(((hugs)))

Jadapit
03-20-2006, 11:25 AM
I wish you all the best!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

sirrahbed
03-20-2006, 11:26 AM
I think of you often, my friend. It is so frustrating to be in discomfort and NOT knowing the reason. I truly hope they can find something and then the pain will become more bearable and hopefully they will know what the treatment should be. I am sorry you are facing all of this but HAPPY that this new doctor does not want to repeat all of the tests. WHEW!

This http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/hug2.gif is me giving you a hug.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-21-2006, 03:51 AM
That was a positive posting Lut! Will be thinking of you today too - good luck xx

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-21-2006, 10:00 AM
UPDATE

Just back from hospital.... ppffffewww !! :rolleyes: ! What a day, I am exhausted :p . Someone here is goibg to sleep like a rose tonight ;) :D !!

Now, it is waiting for the results :( . I have a new appointment on April 3th.

Oh my, I am so glad that this test is over :) :)

Donnaj4962
03-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Glad to hear you are home and resting well Lut. I had a bone scan years ago! I had twisted my ankle, and was in great pain and it was inflamed. X-rays showed nothing. After treating it as a sprain for months, the doctor had me get a bone scan and it showed a tiny little hairline fracture! Of course, since I had been walking on it all those months, it had grown larger and I was in a "3-D Walker" for over 6 months! I hope your results are as good as mine, as they found my problem! It was worth it for me to walk around "radioactive" for a few hours! :rolleyes:

Do you know when you will get the results, or will you get them when you go in April 3? Please keep us posted. I will keep praying for you. ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Do you know when you will get the results, or will you get them when you go in April 3? Please keep us posted. I will keep praying for you. ;)

I will get the results on April 3th.

It's weird they can see more by making me "radio-active" :confused: ; good thing that I wasn't planning an flight today, as the alarm system on the airport might have gone balistic ;) :D