PDA

View Full Version : Josie's got a lump....

slleipnir
03-19-2006, 09:08 PM
It's not huge or anything, but it's bigger than like a wart or something. I can kinda move it around a little....(like under her skin, it doesn't feel like it's growing on her?) I duno. I'm a little concerned. Do you think it sounds like cancer? I'm making an appointment for her tomorrow to see what it is. I hope it's nothing serious, but I can't help worrying. She is an older dog afterall. *sigh* I just can't live without her right now...I'm sure it's nothing serious though...

I guess it's good that I'm constantly patting the dogs...my poor baby...

Alysser
03-19-2006, 09:09 PM
I hope Josies okay! :(

Glacier
03-19-2006, 09:11 PM
It's probably just a fatty tumor--don't freak out, it's just a name, not cancerous. Lots of older dogs get them. They don't cause them any pain and they don't usually remove them unless they grow in odd spots, like under their legs. We'll keep our paws crossed that it's nothing at all.

dab_20
03-19-2006, 09:14 PM
It's probably just a fatty tumor--don't freak out, it's just a name, not cancerous. Lots of older dogs get them. They don't cause them any pain and they don't usually remove them unless they grow in odd spots, like under their legs. We'll keep our paws crossed that it's nothing at all.

I agree. It sounds alot like a fatty tumor. I really hope that's all it is. Good luck at the vets!

Vette
03-19-2006, 09:18 PM
All paws and fingers crossed that its not serious.

Ginger's Mom
03-19-2006, 09:32 PM
I was thinking fatty tumor, too. Hope it is nothing serious.

slleipnir
03-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Oh I hope so! Josie really does not like the vets. She always barks and freaks out. I can't imagen if she had to go in without me. I couldn't make sure they don't mistreat her. I'm sure a dog growling at them would really annoy them. I changed vets because my old one was either afraid of her or didn't like her. My new vet is very understanding and tries to calm Josie. She doesn't seem afraid or annoyed...but it would worry me if she needed surgery....they would need to muzzle her all day and that doesn't seem fair...I'm sure you guys are right though, it makes me feel a lot better. Thank you. I'll find out in a day or 2 what it is.

flamepony12
03-19-2006, 10:28 PM
aww, Jooo. Fingers crossed that it isn't anything serious -- Good luck to you, Aucrey, and Josie. <3

Karen
03-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Lots of older dogs get them - it's just that they show up reaallllly well on smooth-coated, shiny dogs like Labs and so are scarier-looking but easier to spot. Probably just a fatty tumor, our Gracie the Great Dane has one on her side for 8 or 9 years, it never did her any harm, just looked wierd.

Hey, have you tried hiding Josie's head when she's at the vet? Gracie would calm right down when her head was buried under dad's jacket, she felt perfectly secure then. (She didn't mind the vet - she loved the vet (it was mutual, he called her "the wee lassie") and the vet's staff and the office, but she HATED being up on that cold table.

Muddy4paws
03-20-2006, 05:02 AM
Good luck with the appointment, Hope its nothing serious.

I think they vets would be used to grumpy dogs so try not to worry too much, as long as you say that she can be a bit grumpy so they are wary of her if they need to be, It sounds like you vet is very understanding of your needs so try not to worry!

Pembroke_Corgi
03-20-2006, 06:49 AM
I hope everything goes well at the vet's.

cloverfdx
03-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Heres hoping its only a fatty tumor and nothig serious. I will keep you and Josie girl in my thoughts.

Clover has a fatty tumor on her chest that our vets is amazed at how i found it (It is right down on her chest under a flap of skin... hard to find), but i was rubbing her chest oneday and came across it.

slleipnir
03-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Good luck with the appointment, Hope its nothing serious.

I think they vets would be used to grumpy dogs so try not to worry too much, as long as you say that she can be a bit grumpy so they are wary of her if they need to be, It sounds like you vet is very understanding of your needs so try not to worry!

I don't think it's grumpy, I believe she is afraid of them. The vet knew this, but he still didn't seem like her. My current vet is very nice though. :)