PDA

View Full Version : The road past the Rainbow Bridge Offramp.

RICHARD
03-19-2006, 01:53 AM
This is my 10,000 post. I wanted it to be funny but I thought about making it kinda somber.

Why?

Because sometimes when you lose something, you gain something else.

Four years ago I lost something that meant alot to me.
A few months later I found something that has helped me get thru the last few years.

On March 19 2002, my GF went to the Rainbow Bridge. I passed the RB offramp twice in less than six months.

Cotober 31, 2001 and on March 19, 2002.

Before my GF passed she told me to take the Edster, She was undergoing chemotherapy and wasn't able to be around cat litter.

What did I know about cats?

The Edster came to live with me in late January of the year..After a little bit of sorrow, I went in search of cat websties.

I came across Pet of the Day (don't ask me how.....I can't remember!) :D

I learned about the Rainbow Bridge here.

And I learrned that there is a road that goes past that turnoff in the road of life.

Sometimes it's a rocky road.

But the farther you travel and the more people you meet on your journey, You find that it's not a road least traveled.

I would have never met, conversed or shared so many good things on this site had I not lost a very important person in my life.

Soemtimes, I wonder what things would have been like had I not been a "loser".

I didn't know what lay ahead of me on March 20, 2002.

Had you told me it would be a white cat, an internet site about animals and a bunch of animal crazy people, who are truly some of the greatest beings on the planet, I would have rolled my eyes and laughed.

Sometimes losing isn't the end of the world.

It just brings you the part of the world that you would have never seen, otherwise.

Thanks to Karen, Paul and to all of the members of POTD.

You all rock! :D

Killearn Kitties
03-19-2006, 02:54 AM
Congratulations Richard, on your 10,000 posts and on the journey you have made in the last years, even if you would rather not have had to do it.I think we can truly say that this place would not be the same without you! :D

I'm with you in spirit today. Cuddle the Edster for me.

Barbara
03-19-2006, 05:01 AM
Richard if PT could help a little to get you over that experience then it's already a big thing.

Congratulations to our barkeeper and poet in residence :)

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!

Randi
03-19-2006, 05:57 AM
Congratulations on your 10.000 Richard!

Over the past year, I have got to know you a little better – and for the better. ;) You certainly make a difference to PT! :D

Loosing a loved one is so hard, but in your case, you got lovely Ed and lots of new friends here. :) Keep on blabbering and keep spoiling Ed the best you can!

jenluckenbach
03-19-2006, 06:04 AM
Congratulations on the bg 10,000 and thank you for the lesson in life.

And most importantly.........{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Pawsitive Thinking
03-19-2006, 06:06 AM
Congratulations and thank you for being you!!!

lbaker
03-19-2006, 06:53 AM
Jen just said it best I think ~ "thank you for the lesson in life" Who loves ya baby? WE DO. You know I mean that. See you in a few weeks!! The Beast from the East meets the Best from the West, once again.. with feeling :p
Laurie

moosmom
03-19-2006, 07:30 AM
CONGRATULATIONS RICHARD ON 10,000 POSTS!!!!

You are a very wise man, dude. This thread that you started really put alot of things in perspective for me.

Sometimes losing isn't the end of the world.

It just brings you the part of the world that you would have never seen, otherwise.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!

Your sense of humor, wise wit and sometimes "unique" philosophies" has made me laugh MANY times when I've wanted to cry, or just throw my hands up in the air in frustration. I thank you for the pleasure of knowing you, even if it IS only cyberly (for now).

When life hands you lemons - MAKE WHISKEY SOURS!!!!! Yo, Barkeep!! I'll take one of them!!!

Hi! My name is Donna and I too, am a loser and proud of it! ;)

Cat's Meowm
03-19-2006, 07:32 AM
Once again, I've got goose-bumples! Richard and Ed, how sorry I am for your loss. Can't say any more, I'm just so sorry.

anna_66
03-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Richard I know I've seen that your GF had passed, but I really never knew what and all happend (how you came to PT or got Eddie). I'm glad that PT was here when you needed it and I hope it/we can always be here for you.

With that said......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/Woohoolittlemen.gif
Congratulations on 10,000 and hopefully many more to come!!!

Karen
03-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Glad you found us, glad she was wise enough to turn the Edster over to you, and glad you've stuck around for 10,000 posts!

Laura's Babies
03-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Thank you Richard for sharing those wonderful thoughts of yours. They will help many people with how you explained it and I am sure will comfort many people.

Thank you for being you and being here to keep us amused at your antics and wonderful words of wisdom. I know I haven't said it lately but I ♥ YOU RICHARD!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 10,000TH POST! I haven't seen them ALL but I have really enjoyed the ones I have read, you are an important part of this community to me.

Cincy'sMom
03-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Congratulations on 10,000 posts, Richard!! What an awesome lesson of finding good out of a sad situation! You and Eddie (and all of PT!) are lucky your GF was wise to see you needed eah other!!

joycenalex
03-19-2006, 10:05 AM
richard, as you often do, you amaze and amuse me. thanks for sharing Eddie and yourself with me.

Felicia's Mom
03-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Congrats on having 10,000 posts!! :D

dukedogsmom
03-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Ah, Richard. How bittersweet. You brought tears to my eyes. I'm sorry you couldn't have met us all under better circumstances.

AbbyMom
03-19-2006, 12:19 PM
WOW, 10,000 posts! :eek: Congratulations!

Do you have any idea how many lives you have touched in a positive way? So many of us look forward to your wit and wry humor and, of course, opinions!

Hug the Edster for me.

RedHedd
03-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Congratulations, RICHARD, on your 10,000 and here's to 10,000 more, at least. Thank you for sharing your life, your humor, your tears and your slushies with us :)

As Stephen King wrote in the Dark Tower, there are other worlds out there. I'm glad we all found Pet Talk. It always amazes me how many of us found it during our dark times. Mine was when my Goldie was dying from liver cancer. Life's travails are so much easier to bear when the pain is shared.

zippy-kat
03-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Congrats, dear friend! May today bring you lots of smiles, slushies, and snuggles from the Edster. :)

rg_girlca
03-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Ah, Richard. How bittersweet. You brought tears to my eyes. I'm sorry you couldn't have met us all under better circumstances.

My thoughts exactly.

Congratulations on your 10,000th post. I raise a glass to many, many, MANY more posts to come. :)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts today with us.

slick
03-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Gee, what can I say while I wipe away my tears???

Thanks for the Dickey
Thanks for the laughs
Thanks for the smiles
Thanks for the tears
Thanks for the hugs
Thanks for the slushies
Thanks for the BM's
Thanks for the friendship
Thanks for your words of wisdom

Most of all, thanks for keeping tabs on Gini for all of us far away.

Even though you really are a **G.., you know I love you just the way you are. :D CONGRATS Richard, Dick, or Chauncey....whomever you are today. ;)

Karen and Paul....or Paul and Karen to be correct????.....A big thank you for creating this wonderful site and bringing us all together. My life now revolves around Pet Talk and the people and pets within.

So now I will STFU and figure out what I'm going to wear to the airport this year. See you in four short months, Richard.

Oh, and before I go, can I get a Double BM?? OOOps, that's a different thread. Sorry. :o :D

momoffuzzyfaces
03-19-2006, 02:10 PM
I would have never met, conversed or shared so many good things on this site had I not lost a very important person in my life.

You all rock! :DI think that very important person in your life helped you find this site and booted you off the highway on to this road!!! ;)

I am glad she did too!!!

(Thank you Rich's GF!!! I think you knew we needed him as much as he would need us!!! Say HI to my Mom and Dad if you get the chance!!!)

Rachel
03-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Wow, number 10,000 was deep and profound. I might even have to print it out and paste it somewhere I can look at it time and again. Thank you for choosing to share this with all of us. It is what I would call a mentoring moment.

kuhio98
03-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Okay, I'm bawling here. I'm so sorry about your loss. I'm so happy that you and the Edster found each other. And very, very happy that you found your way to PT.

I can't remember how I found PT either. Sometime in late 2002, I did. All I intended to do is post a memorial to Kuhio and move on. But, PTers welcomed me so I stayed.

Don't get me wrong. I'd kick the whole lot of you to curb if that meant I had never lost Kuhio. :p (Sorry, I was starting to bawl again so I thought I'd crack a joke). :rolleyes:

Thank you Richard for entertaining us all. With Eddie stories. And just being yourself.

krazyaboutkatz
03-19-2006, 11:38 PM
CONGRATS ON YOUR 10,000 POSTS RICHARD!!! Please keep up your humorous posts and I'm so glad that you found PT. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-20-2006, 03:37 AM
Aw Richard, I am so happy that you found PT and made made many friends here! Your Edster is so lucky to have found you. I am sure he loved his new forever home from the first minute!

Happy to have you on board, Richard!!
And, CONGRATS WITH YOUR 10000 posts!!!!

Cataholic
03-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Just when I think I have you all figured out.....

What a post that was! Congrats, and condolences, Richard.

Corinna
03-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Oh Richard I sit here with LES , thinking of all the fun and giggles you and the Edster have provided.
I do remeber how i found pet talk, I'm an insomniac and Art bell had a link from his must check every day. I lurked for about ayear then I joined in the fun. Thanks for making it fun . Also Paul and Karen with out you this would never have happened.

captain
03-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Richard,

I never knew ......... We are so glad you are here with us, and that the Edster is now part of your life.

Thanks for the laughs, the drinks, and most of all, the humour.

Cheers from down under
Michelle (the Bouncer)

RICHARD
03-28-2006, 07:00 PM
I haven't been on lately and not having PT at work really sucks....

I am formulating a comeback :D ;) :eek: :)

-------------------------------------------

Thank you all for your nice warm thoughts.

I have been pondering that question (joke) that Kuhio posted.

Would I, or could I kick PT to the curb had things been different?

I am glad I don't have to ponder that inponderable!

What would I do for fun all year round and for that crazy week in July??? :D

Again, You ALL ROCK!