PDA

View Full Version : pet stores...

*iluvskipper*
03-18-2006, 11:33 PM
OMG! i just read a thread about pet stores and it made me think of the pet store that i bought by hamster from. i wanted to get a male hamster so i went to the pet store(creature connection in Brainerd, MN if any of you kno it) and so i asked the girl that worked there whre the male hams were so she gave one to me. so yea, it was all good until a few days later me and my neighbor (*future vet*) noticed that "he" was getting a little bit rounder lol. AND she had lil dots on her tummy. so we realized that HE was a SHE!! so the babies were born and when they were old enough, i needed to give them away so i called Creature Connection and they said that they had space for them. so my mom & i took them there and they just dumped them in there with like 20 other hamsters in a tiny lil cage where the males and females were all mixed in!!! it ticked me off so much! i'm never getting a hamster from there anymore!!!

Chilli
03-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Not to sound harsh, but why did you give the baby hamsters back to a place that you didn't approve of?
All you'd have to do is run an ad in the classified section of your newspaper that you had baby hamsters for sale, and usually within a month (at the most), they're all sold. At least its that way around here.

buttercup132
03-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Ditto to Chilli

Alysser
03-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Ditto to chilli

Miss Z
03-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Ditto. I had some roborovski hamsters that accidently bred, but when the time came to give the babies back to the pet store, I went with my mum to chose where they were kept, and we took them in one of our own cages, so there wouldn't be a sudden change of environment. But Chilli's idea is good, if I had been a little older at the time when my hamsters bred then I probably would have done that.

*iluvskipper*
03-19-2006, 12:37 PM
yah but i didn't kno that they were all mixed up there untill i brought them there and she just dumped 'em all in there.

CathyBogart
03-19-2006, 12:56 PM
But by the time the babies were old enough to go to new homes you knew the place was no good do you could easily have spend the five plus weeks the babies were growing up finding them homes.

Hamsters are gross anyways, you should get a rat. ;)

*iluvskipper*
03-19-2006, 01:00 PM
omg are you rele sayin that hamsters are grosser than rats?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? U R CRAZY LOL NO OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CathyBogart
03-19-2006, 01:02 PM
No, I was making fun of your rude post on the thread about rats. But if you are asking, yes, I prefer rats. (Don't tell Hazel that!!)

*iluvskipper*
03-19-2006, 01:04 PM
oh ok haha. sorry. ha
i won't tell Hazel ;)