PDA

View Full Version : puppyyy~~~~???????

*iluvskipper*
03-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Yay I finally figured out how to make a thread! Oh well. Anyways, does anyone know how to convince your mom & dad into letting you get a new puppy? i really want to get one and i would probably get a female lab. most likely a yellow lab. i hope they let me! :D

*future vet*
03-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Heehee, I'll come over to your house and ask them! Use me as an example, I'll have for sure 3, maybe 4 dogs!

luvofallhorses
03-18-2006, 10:53 PM
show that you are responsible..do chores without asking, do what you're told right away, etc. puppies are a LOT of work and take a LOT of patience and need training. no puppy/dog is cheap either. AND make sure you tell your parents that you will help them out with the puppy and do it. If your parents won't go for a puppy, then I suggest that you ask them if you can get an adult dog. Good luck. :) also, there are a lot of adult dogs that need homes in shelters/rescues, too.

mustlovedogs
03-19-2006, 10:05 AM
I agree with Krista. Just what I was going to say :)

Alysser
03-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Krista, you to the words right out of my mouth! :p

mustlovedogs
03-19-2006, 10:50 AM
iluvskipper, were you planning on buying a pup from a breeder, or rescuing from a shelter? Shelter animals always need help more than dogs that were bred. :) Sometimes, you can even find puppies at a shelter! :D

dab_20
03-19-2006, 12:14 PM
show that you are responsible..do chores without asking, do what you're told right away, etc. puppies are a LOT of work and take a LOT of patience and need training. no puppy/dog is cheap either. AND make sure you tell your parents that you will help them out with the puppy and do it. If your parents won't go for a puppy, then I suggest that you ask them if you can get an adult dog. Good luck. :) also, there are a lot of adult dogs that need homes in shelters/rescues, too.

Great advice.

Good Luck in convincing your parents!

luvofallhorses
03-19-2006, 12:26 PM
iluvskipper, were you planning on buying a pup from a breeder, or rescuing from a shelter? Shelter animals always need help more than dogs that were bred. :) Sometimes, you can even find puppies at a shelter! :D

you can also find them at rescues, too. it's puppy season, so I am sure you can find one at a shelter/rescue. :)

Sophist
03-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Focus a lot of love and time and attention on any pets you have already, so your parent's know you can handle another. Of course, ideally, you've been doing all that anyway, and will continue to do so once there is a new pet there.

*iluvskipper*
03-19-2006, 03:10 PM
kk thanks y'all

luvofallhorses
03-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Focus a lot of love and time and attention on any pets you have already, so your parent's know you can handle another. Of course, ideally, you've been doing all that anyway, and will continue to do so once there is a new pet there.

I agree.