PDA

View Full Version : Marley and Me

finn's mom
03-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Has anyone read this? It is absolutely wonderful. I'm more than halfway through, and, I have never laughed so hard while reading a book before. I knew it'd make me cry, and, so far, I have, but, only once from sadness. ;) The book is about a family's growth and experiences, living with eachother and a big ol' yeller lab named Marley. I think it's a must read for any dog lover. It's a good book, even if you don't have a dog!

Alysser
03-18-2006, 08:17 PM
I've finished it and trust me, Kari, at the end you'll need some tissues. All and all, it was a fabulous book! :D I laughed so hard at some parts. :p

finn's mom
03-18-2006, 08:45 PM
I've finished it and trust me, Kari, at the end you'll need some tissues. All and all, it was a fabulous book! :D I laughed so hard at some parts. :p

Well, I've assumed that the story is about a dog he HAD, and, I know I'll cry. :(

luvofallhorses
03-18-2006, 08:56 PM
I haven't had time to read since I've been so dang busy. I still have to finish chicken soup for the horse lover's soul. When I do have the time to read, I think I will check it out at the library. :)

CagneyDog
03-18-2006, 11:16 PM
I -love- that book, it's one of my favorites!

K9karen
03-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Yup! It's great, isn't it? The author is a writer at our local newspaper. A few years back, he mentioned Marley in his column every week and got so many emails and calls about THAT subject (he's a politcal writer) that he decided to write his book!

animal_rescue
03-19-2006, 12:46 AM
I know plenty of people that have and highly recommend it! I told my aunt to get it and when she's done I'm going to borrow it from her! :D

BC_MoM
03-19-2006, 01:00 AM
I've never read it, but haven't heard a single bad thing about it! I'd really love to read it.. I guess it's time to get off my behind and buy myself a copy!

finn's mom
03-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Yeah, my mother got it for US. ;) I'm more than halfway through, and, I know I'll love the rest of it as much as I've loved what I've read so far. It's wonderful!

Alysser
03-19-2006, 07:20 AM
K9karen, isn't that a part in the book? Sorry, I'm not trying to ruin the story for you.