PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE on Rosie - is she a stray?

Catty1
03-18-2006, 04:56 PM
I first posted about Rosie on that this thread:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=100498&highlight=stray

The neighbours where the guy came to visit with his kids and Rosie came around, well, they moved. The man called me two days after they moved and asked to be kept informed!

Well, Charlene(Animal Control) was looking for her, I kept an eye out, several neighbours were...

Today, Saturday, I had time for a walk. I went up to the mobile home park and there she was! She came straight over to me, and I picked her up. Held her for a good 4 minute walk to my car, put her in the car...and she squirmed maybe once. Cheek rubs the rest of the time.

Once in the car, she sat on my lap and looked out the window!

We got to the Humane Society, and I carried her past several dogs - not a blink! Head bumps and stuff.

That's what is weird - she'll go to ANYONE, so it is a surprise she doesn't have a home. The man said she would come into their place and curl up on the couch and stuff. But that injury of hers went unchecked for a long time.

She is in a nice large warm crate/kennel on a clean white towel, with some kibble. And I stuck my fingers in and got head and cheek bumps again! Then she curled up, looking calm and contented. Wow.

She doesn't seem hungry at all, which is another thing - but she is likely a neighbourhood moocher too!

I especially wanted to look today because it is supposed to snow and get cold. A few flakes were falling here and there when I looked for her - and when I came out of the Humane, it was really starting to fly.

Her story is a puzzle, owned or not - but she is safe and warm and dry now.

Thanks for all your support and ideas before.

hugs
Catty1

catmandu
03-18-2006, 06:07 PM
At least Rosie in safe and warm now and a Cat that friendly is bound to get a Furr Ever Home eventually.
And you should be thanked for giving her a Chance at a Home and Guardians.

krazyaboutkatz
03-18-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm glad to hear that Rosie is safe and in a warm place now.:) Hopefully she'll be able to find her forever loving home soon. Please continue to keep us updated about her.:)

rg_girlca
03-18-2006, 10:47 PM
Aww Rosie, I am so glad to hear that you have a nice safe warm place now and I pray that you will find your forever home real soon. You sound like a real sweetheart.

Thanks Catty 1 for caring and taking care of Rosie. :D

Catty1
03-21-2006, 09:09 PM
HI - Rosie checked out fine at the vet; her neck injury is nothing serious at all. They did find a tattoo, so are trying to trace possible owners.

I got this info from the Humane Society - even if they do find an owner, they DO do a bit of screening to see if the owner gets the cat back.

That's all the news for now. I'm glad she is healthy.

Catty1

Laura's Babies
03-21-2006, 09:51 PM
How wonderful! I LOVE happy endings!