PDA

View Full Version : Paint Shop Pro Question.

Roxyluvsme13
03-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Ok, I've seen alot of people who have PSP get some really pretty backgrounds like texture and stuff and color changing, stars, all that stuff. I absolutely cannot figure out how to do that! I dont think it's an actual background...maybe just more of a special effect? :confused:

Kfamr
03-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Give an example of what you're talking about..?
I may be able to figure out if you show me the work you're talking about. :p

Roxyluvsme13
03-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Ok hehe. Umm...lemme find one :p
EDIT: Here's 2.
On Lute's siggy, like the stars and the swirls, and on the other one like the stripes and stuff.
It doesnt look like a background to me in Lute's signature.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/Brianas_Signatures/roxyandlily.jpg

Laura's Babies
03-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Have you played with the color chart where it says "Gradient & Patterns" or in the effects browser?

You know about plugins and tubes? The best collection of them that I have found is here... http://www.ccdstubeheaven.com/tubesmainindex.html

Roxyluvsme13
03-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Have you played with the color chart where it says "Gradient & Patterns" or in the effects browser?

You know about plugins and tubes? The best collection of them that I have found is here... http://www.ccdstubeheaven.com/tubesmainindex.html
Yup..played with it all...and still no luck.

Kfamr
03-18-2006, 10:41 AM
I do stuff like that in Adobe Photoshop. You can download brushes and stuff to make stars and the like for Adobe.

Like, here's something I made today. I'll probably use it for a Nala siggy later.

Roxyluvsme13
03-18-2006, 10:42 AM
I do stuff like that in Adobe Photoshop. You can download brushes and stuff to make stars and the like for Adobe.

Like, here's something I made today. I'll probably use it for a Nala siggy later.
There's already a star thing in PSP, but like how do you get all the swirls and lines and stuff? You have to download it?

Kfamr
03-18-2006, 10:46 AM
There's already a star thing in PSP, but like how do you get all the swirls and lines and stuff? You have to download it?

I don't really use PSP so, I don't know how to do it for that. I only use Photoshop anymore. But, like I said.. to do it in Photoshop you can download brushes.

If I were you I'd PM the people who made those two and ask what program they're using and how they came about the lines and swirls.

Roxyluvsme13
03-18-2006, 10:52 AM
I don't really use PSP so, I don't know how to do it for that. I only use Photoshop anymore. But, like I said.. to do it in Photoshop you can download brushes.

If I were you I'd PM the people who made those two and ask what program they're using and how they came about the lines and swirls.
I know BC_MoM uses PSP7. I'll ask her next time she gets on MSN.

Jessika
03-18-2006, 12:44 PM
They are brushes that you download separately and put into the program yourself. There are lots of sites that have brushes for free -- if you google "Paint shop pro 7 brushes" I know lots of sites will come up :)

Roxyluvsme13
03-18-2006, 12:48 PM
They are brushes that you download separately and put into the program yourself. There are lots of sites that have brushes for free -- if you google "Paint shop pro 7 brushes" I know lots of sites will come up :)
I have PSP 10 though....Would they still work? :confused:
ETA:How do you use brushes?

Jessika
03-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Then search for PSP 10 brushes ;)

You unzip the brushes to the brush folder wherever you have PSP installed to. Then in the program you select the brush tool then on the tool window there is a little arrow you click that you select "custom" then a new menu pops up with all the custom brushes you can use.

Roxyluvsme13
03-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Ok, do you put the ACTUAL folder in the brush PSP folder or just the brushes?

Jessika
03-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Either or. If it does not work one way, try the other :)

Roxyluvsme13
03-18-2006, 01:48 PM
OK! I just put the brushes in there...I think it works, but anyways I experimented and made this!

Before you ask, the dog's not mine :p. She's my grandpa's neighbor's dog. She is a total sweetie!

Jessika
03-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Yay I'm glad you got it to work for you :D

BC_MoM
03-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Ok hehe. Umm...lemme find one :p
EDIT: Here's 2.
On Lute's siggy, like the stars and the swirls, and on the other one like the stripes and stuff.
It doesnt look like a background to me in Lute's signature.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/Brianas_Signatures/roxyandlily.jpg

I used brushes for that, Bri.. not gradients or textures.

Roxyluvsme13
03-18-2006, 02:16 PM
I used brushes for that, Bri.. not gradients or textures.
Okay! I didnt know :p. Alot of the brushes are made for PSP 5 and 6 and I cant use those :(