PDA

View Full Version : He's Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glacier
03-17-2006, 08:21 PM
HE'S HOME!!

It took over four hours of sitting in the snow and following him around, plus most of a KFC dinner, several bags of jerky treats, some help from his brother and his new girlfriend and a whole lot of praying and whispering to him, but DELTA IS HOME!!! He is safe, unharmed. He's a skinny. I can easily feel all of his bones. He's very thirsty, but both of those things are easy to correct now that he's back where he belongs.

Thank you is inadequate, but the best I can come up with right now. Thank you PT, thank you for the prayers, crossed paws, words of encouragement. This has been the longest month of my life. It would have been completely unbearable without your support. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Pictures soon.

Jessika
03-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Oh Yay I Am So Happy For You!!!!!!!

I Knew It Would Happen!!!!

K9soul
03-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Well all I can say right now is... I'm just crying my eyes out. I don't have any words.. Thank you God.

Uabassoon
03-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I know everyone here will be relieved to see this. :D I'm sending you lots of happy hugs!

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-17-2006, 08:28 PM
That's wonderful!!! I'm *so* happy for you that you were finally able to catch him, hopefully he'll be back to or close to normal soon!

Flatcoatluver
03-17-2006, 08:29 PM
omg yess!!! I am so happy!!! That made my day!!! Welcoem home delta!!!!! we love you!! Give him lots of kisses for me!!!!

luvofallhorses
yay! I am so happy and relieved for you!! :D

Tralee
Thats super!!!

LuckiLab03
03-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Boy Delta!!!!!!

dogzr#1
03-17-2006, 08:32 PM
OMG! That is wonderful news! I'm so glad you are home now. I knew he would come home! :D :D

wolf_Q
03-17-2006, 08:34 PM
What wonderful news!! I'm so glad you were able to catch him! Welcome back Delta, please don't ever run away again!!

slick
03-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Oh my God, I'm crying happy tears over here. I just knew that all the PT prayers would work. Welcome home Delta. Tamara, I can only imagine what relief you must be feeling right now and I pray that you and Delta get a good night's sleep tonight.

Thank you God.

kuhio98
03-17-2006, 08:35 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/feuerwerk_02.gifhttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/heart-throb.gifhttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/feuerwerk_02.gifhttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/heart-throb.gifhttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/feuerwerk_02.gif

K9soul
03-17-2006, 08:36 PM
I have to say Tamara, I just feel like going out and shouting out to the world "HE'S HOME!" :D I feel unbelievable, I can't imagine how you and Stuart must feel. I am so elated, so overjoyed, so filled with gratefulness to God for keeping Delta safe, for leading you to him and helping you get him back home again. It's truly a miracle, and has touched me in a way I would have never thought possible. My heart is just racing! Oh tears of joy!

Felicia's Mom
03-17-2006, 08:41 PM
That is great news! :D I am happy for you. :D

finn's mom
03-17-2006, 08:41 PM
As inadequate as you think "thank you" might be, saying how happy I am that Delta is home is just as.

And, what's this about a new girlfriend? ;)

Here's to a full recovery and hoping that he's not been too long in the wild to forget all that you've taught him. But, either way, he's home, and, life is good.

What a tremendous story this will make for your book. :)

Thandi
03-17-2006, 08:43 PM
If anyone could make this work and happen, you could. From what I've read over the months, you are truly a fantastic person and your dogs really deserve you, especially Delta. Welcome back, Delta!

*LabLoverKEB*
03-17-2006, 08:43 PM
WAHOO! Welcome home, mr. Delta! I'm sooo thrilled he's home, safe and sound! :) :) :)

Vela
03-17-2006, 08:52 PM
OMG I hoped for this thread for WEEKS and IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!! Thank you God above for bringing Delta home. I am SO happy for you guys. I have a grin from ear to ear. You must be so elated! You persistence and beleif in him coming home has done it. You NEVER gave up.

WELCOME HOME DELTA! You naughty naughty boy!

So when does the Delta Movie come out??? This ought to make a good Disney family film!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-17-2006, 08:52 PM
That is awesome news! I am so happy that Delta is home! :D :D

Alysser
03-17-2006, 08:53 PM
YES! :eek: DELTA, welcome home! After so many days your where you belong! Im so happy for you! :D

chocolatepuppy
03-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Yay! Welcome home Delta! My tummy did a flip flop when I read this! OMG! I'm so glad and I know you are overjoyed! All of the praying was well worth it! :D

Husky_mom
03-17-2006, 08:55 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!!! my heart just went sky high with joy and i got teary eyes to know the brave Delta is back!!!! great news!!!! i{m so happy i just wanna scream................whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

lots of hugs to the fuzzy boy, now i really felt a weight lifted so i can imagine how relieved are you at this time, now its just timne to get some fat Delta boy............

Corinna
03-17-2006, 08:56 PM
OMG thank you . How about a big cow bell on his coller just in case . so glad he's home.

Glacier
03-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Delta is currently sound asleep just a few feet away from me. I don't think he's been able to sleep for the last month any more than I have. He'd have been in danger if he relaxed too much.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/delta_truck.jpg
Just after I got him in the truck. Looking a little terrified.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/deltainside.jpg
Back where he belongs!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/deltahome.jpg
Kibble tastes great when you haven't eaten much for a month!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/lounging.jpg
Watching me type, just before he relaxed enough to fall asleep!

:D :D :D :D :D

zoomer
03-17-2006, 08:58 PM
FINALLY!

Delta! Good dog!

THANK GOD

slleipnir
03-17-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm so happy for you, and I'm SO glad he's finally home. I got all teary eyed when I read this :D:D

Vela
03-17-2006, 09:02 PM
You gorgeous boy! Shame on you! He looks wonderful for everything he has been through. I'm SO glad to see him home where he belongs. I'm so happy for you all.

Cinder & Smoke
03-17-2006, 09:03 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

THANKS God!!

THANKS for sending Delta Home!! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

And THANKS for keeping Mom & Dad (Tamara & Stuart) "On the Job"
looking for Delta ... without their Love & Dedication he might
never have been found.

And THANKS for asking the Neighbors to Help -
we need to remember it was The Neighbor who kept Delta interested
in sticking around. THANKS, Neighbor!!

And THANKS, God - for keeping Delta safe during his "Adventure"!

/s/ Phred & the Prayer Pups
;)

CagneyDog
03-17-2006, 09:04 PM
*WOO HOO* That's such fantastic news.

Toby's my baby
03-17-2006, 09:05 PM
:D:D:D:D YAY!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D I can not express to you in words how happy I am for you!! I am SO glad he is home! Great pictures. I am SO happy, you just made my night!!!

LuvGold00
03-17-2006, 09:06 PM
The best news I've heard all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME HOME DELTA!

K9soul
03-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Seeing those pictures has me teary-eyed all over again. Still grinning like a fool here. Can't get enough of reading and re-reading "He's Home!" {{{{HUGS}}} :D :D

Joannie
03-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Thank God I can hardly see the key board for the tears, Big hugs and kisses to you all, get him warm and well fed. Hugs Joann

Vermontcat
03-17-2006, 09:12 PM
YAY!!! :D
I am so happy that Delta is safely back home again.
The photos of him are so nice to see.
Now you can both get a good nights sleep finally! :)
Sending happy hugs your way. :D

Kfamr
03-17-2006, 09:13 PM
I've been crying many tears for you all this past month, and without being religious saying many "prayers" and sending my thoughts. Again, here I sit in tears but these tears have to be the happiest tears I've spilt in a while. Happy is not the correct word to describe myself at the moment, and surely not adequate enough to describe the array of emotions yourself and Stuart must be feeling.

I am very glad I checked PT again before bedtime. I was so ecstatic that you got a phonecall that he was spotted recently, and now he's where he belongs.

Please Delta... never do this to mommy again! I bet Antare is incredibly happy.

Flatcoatluver
Omg he is such a cutie!!!! Still really happy he is home!!!! :D

QueenScoopalot
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I lurked, (but didn't post) and prayed with all these PTers for Delta's safety, and to finally see that Delta came home......... ~JUMPING FOR JOY~ ;) :) :D

Karen
03-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Oh, congratulations, Tamara, Stuart, Delta and everyone involved!

buttercup132
03-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Aww I feel like crying THANK GOD hes home safe! I can only imagine how happy you are right now.

Iilo
03-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Glacier,

I don't post often, but I lurk... Your dogs are some of my favorites (Heyoka reminds me so much of my Rien... Malamutes are such goofs).

When I saw that Delta had gone missing, I cried and started praying for you. I'd check for updates whenever I got a chance.

I'm SO GLAD he's home, where he belongs!!!

BC_MoM
03-17-2006, 09:38 PM
http://www1.minn.net/~dchristo/Fireworks/fire2.gif

YAHOO!!!
I knew you'd be home, Delta! And I never doubted it either!! :D

binka_nugget
03-17-2006, 09:38 PM
YAY!!! :D I could never come up with the right words to say in the other thread but I said prayers for you and checked daily in hopes of seeing this post.

Welcome home Delta! We all missed you!

slick
03-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Oh Tamara....those pictures have left me bawling like a baby! Again, welcome home sweetie. This is where you belong and this is where you will be loved forever. No more hunger, no more danger and no more fear.

{{{hugs}}} to you and Stuart.

gini
03-17-2006, 09:46 PM
I have been so busy all day that I wasn't on Pet Talk at all today.

I just received an email from Slick that yells out - HE'S HOME!!

I came flying over here to read this thread.

To say I cried isn't the half of it.

But let me stop here and I am sure that all the rest of the Pet Talkers will be with me in this:

ALLOW US TO HONOR YOU AND THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH A DEDICATED MOM AND DAD TO DELTA. WE ARE ALL SO PROUD OF YOU AND TERRIBLY PLEASED AND GRATEFUL FOR THIS OUTCOME.

THANK YOU GOD!!

RobiLee
03-17-2006, 09:49 PM
I let out a huge gasp when I saw the thread title! Now I'm sitting here with a big smile and tears sliding down my cheeks. I can't even begin to express my happiness that Delta is home. I have worried every day and prayed for that boy to be safe and to return home. I had a strong feeling that he would be alright and I'm so glad that my feeling was right. If Delta gets relaxed enough to allow any hugs would you please give him a great big huge one from all of us here at PT.

Thank you, God, Thank you, Neighbor and Thank you, Tamara and Stuart for being the wonderful furparents that you are and never giving up!!

{{{HUGS TO EVERYONE}}}

Vette
03-17-2006, 10:10 PM
WHORAW!!!!!!!!!!!

so very glad to hear it. i hope you gave him one good thrashing. ;)

gini
03-17-2006, 10:14 PM
WHORAW!!!!!!!!!!!

so very glad to hear it. i hope you gave him one good thrashing. ;)

Hmmm, no, he is a dog...........he needs to know that he is back home and safe and secure and well loved.

A thrashing is not what he needs - he needs a hug.

shais_mom
03-17-2006, 10:15 PM
PT PRAYERS WORKED AGAIN!
I am so glad he's safe and at HOME where he belongs!
gentle hugs to both of you!

Vette
03-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Hmmm, no, he is a dog...........he needs to know that he is back home and safe and secure and well loved.

A thrashing is not what he needs - he needs a hug.

A simple hug isnt good enough. what we call 'thrashing' in my family.. is one when grabs you up in a hug,, but then pins your head under their arm and 'knuckles' ya. messign your hair up all to heck and gone. thats a 'trashing'. to us anyway. LOL

but everyone thinks is something else. so i added the wink behind it so it didnt sound serious.

animal_rescue
03-17-2006, 10:26 PM
OMG! This is the best news ever!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy, I knew he'd come home!!!!!!! :D

CountryWolf07
03-17-2006, 10:26 PM
WHOOO HOOOO! WELCOME HOME, Delta! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Oh my, Tamara, I'm another one that lurks more than posts (especially on the dog side). I've been hoping and praying for Delta's safe return since I first heard he was gone. I have to admit that I was starting to give up hope....being gone so long in such a harsh environment and all...but I'm just beyond thrilled that you and Stuart never gave up hope. Thanks to your dedication and love, Delta is now home again, where he belongs, sleeping soundly, with no fear.

Doing a happy dance with happy tears streaming. :D

gini
03-17-2006, 10:40 PM
A simple hug isnt good enough. what we call 'thrashing' in my family.. is one when grabs you up in a hug,, but then pins your head under their arm and 'knuckles' ya. messign your hair up all to heck and gone. thats a 'trashing'. to us anyway. LOL

but everyone thinks is something else. so i added the wink behind it so it didnt sound serious.

HA! We call those NOOGIES..........I give them to Rascal, Annie and Emma all of the time - and they love it! Sure glad we cleared that up! :D A thrashing is something I received when I was little and was always naughty!!

dab_20
03-17-2006, 10:43 PM
WOHOOOOOO!!!! I am so happy Delta is home!!! :D :D :D :D :D PT prayers really do help!!!

senorita02
03-17-2006, 10:49 PM
I screeched when i saw the thread!!! I have been praying for that boy to return, i am soooo ecstatic i could cry!! Hooray!!!
Now you can finally breathe huh?
His pics are sooo cute too!

Laura's Babies
03-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Thank God a lost pet is now found and it had a happy ending for all!

THANK YOU GOD!

zippy-kat
03-17-2006, 11:10 PM
What wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news! Oh I am soooo glad to read this!

Hip, hip, horray!

cyber-sibes
03-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Alright Everybody....GROUP HOWL!
WOOOOOOOOOO!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Thank You God! ((((((hugs ))))))to you & Stuart & Delta!!!!! NOW, WHAT'S THIS ABOUT HIS "NEW GIRLFRIEND?" ;)

gini
03-17-2006, 11:27 PM
I keep going back to look at Delta's pictures........I can't help myself.

I hope your family has a well deserved long sleep....................very peaceful.

rg_girlca
03-17-2006, 11:31 PM
OMG!!!!!!! I figured that I would check in one last time before heading to bed and to be honest with you, I never expected to see, "HE'S HOME" tonight.

Tears of joy are just rolling down my face right now. Welcome back home Delta. :D

It just proves that love, dedication and persistance pays off.

I pray that you are able to have a good nights sleep tonight, as no one deserves it more than you right now.

Going off to bed now, doing the "Happy Dance." :D Yayyy, Delta's home. :)

I forgot to add this. Please give that lovely man who called and said that he was feeding Delta a BIG HUG AND KISS from all of us.

lbaker
03-17-2006, 11:35 PM
I was sound asleep until a few minutes ago when something/someone?? Said "get on PetTalk, NOW". I logged on in my sleep until I read "HE'S HOME" Now I'm awake and crying and can't hug all my dogs hard enough. What a long strange trip it's been. I'm so happy for you all. Happy for all of us :cool:

cyber-sibes
03-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Oh I just had to take another look at his pictures again! He looks really good -- a little scared, but good! Has Antare seen him yet? :D :D :D

*sled_dog*
03-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Ooooh YAY!!! :D:D We new you could do it Delta!!!
Welcome Home
Arent ya glad!!!

Glacier
03-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Oh I just had to take another look at his pictures again! He looks really good -- a little scared, but good! Has Antare seen him yet? :D :D :D

Antare was key to catching him. I had Antare on a flexi-leash with me all afternoon. I could see him in the trees, but couldn't get him out until I let Antare out of the truck. He came right over and wooed at his brother. It still took several hours to catch him, but he stayed much closer once he saw his brother.

jesse_3
03-17-2006, 11:59 PM
OH YES YES YES!!!!!!!! He is home!!! I am *SO* glad that he is back! I got on, and I saw He's...and your name was under the title before you clikc onto dog general! I could BARELY breath! I was so happy and amazed.
Tamara, I don't know how to express how happy I am for you. This just fills me with joy. Finally, I can give some (((((HAPPY HUGS!!!!!!))))) to you all, and Jesse is sending celebrating howls to you, and Splinter is sending tons and tons of loving hisses to you all!

This has just made my day, and I CAN'T imagine how you and Stuart must feel. THANK YOU LORD FOR DELTA'S SAFE AND HAPPY RETURN!!!!
Welcome home Delta!

Stephanie, Jesse, Splinter and my betta!!!!

K9karen
03-18-2006, 12:05 AM
I wasn't even going to log onto PTtonight, but "something" told me to, I swear! What can I say that hasn't already been proclaimed? I'm so thrilled and relieved and thankful, my heart is ready to explode! I'm so wired, I'll never sleep! Bless you, Tamara and Stuart for never giving up. Bless your neighbors and friends. Long overdue sweet dreams to all of you. Hugs to Delta and lots of good eating. I'm rambling on..I'm so excited!!!

.sarah
03-18-2006, 12:14 AM
YES!!!!

This is such awesome news! I got all teary-eyed when I read your post. I am so happy he is home! :D :D :D

caseysmom
03-18-2006, 12:54 AM
Delta I am so glad you are back where you belong. He doesn't look too bad but its kind of hard to tell with all his fur.

Vette
03-18-2006, 01:55 AM
HA! We call those NOOGIES..........I give them to Rascal, Annie and Emma all of the time - and they love it! Sure glad we cleared that up! :D A thrashing is something I received when I was little and was always naughty!!

LOL thats so weird. i dont think anyone in my family has ever said the word 'noogie' :o :o :o

so thats why everyone looks at me funny when i say that... :eek:

Catty1
03-18-2006, 02:00 AM
Between Delta and the Cat Board...I am humbled by the effects of PT prayers. This is beyond coincidence.

Welcome home, Delta. Eat all that good stuff!

And your hoomins will have a happy and great sleep tonight!

hugs
Catty1

vinjashira
03-18-2006, 02:07 AM
that is great :) welcome home Delta!

Killearn Kitties
03-18-2006, 02:13 AM
Delta's home!!! :D :D

I can hardly believe it. I'll bet it took a big effort to get him back, but you did it!!
Sleep well tonight, Glacier and Delta. You deserve a rest so much.

cmayer31
03-18-2006, 02:54 AM
I am so happy to see the good news that Delta is home. There's a bunch of people over right now and they all looked at me like I'm crazy for yelling "woohoo!"

Tamara, I'm so happy that this ordeal is behind you. I lost one of my furkids for 4 days and was a wreck. I can only imagine how much of a relief it is to have Delta back in your family.

It's so good to her that Delta is back.

pnance
03-18-2006, 02:55 AM
OMG!!! I haven't had the chance to log on to PT today, but I thought I'd just do a quick check to see if there was an update. I couldn't believe it when I saw a post saying HE's HOME!! I'm so happy for all of you. Welcome Home Delta!!! :D :D :D

Barbara
03-18-2006, 03:54 AM
Yay!!!!! What wonderful news!

:D :D :D

The best ever! All of you will feel like sleep right now! And may it be a good one :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-18-2006, 04:44 AM
TERRIFIC NEWS!!!! WELCOME home dear Delta!!!

I admire you two so much for never giving uo on Delta! He must have felt so lonely and scared out there. But you FOUND him!!! Delta is back home now, yippie!! I can imagine he will get pampered as much as he wants these coming days :D :)

Randi
03-18-2006, 05:11 AM
Oh Tamara, what a relief to hear Delta is back home. :) :) :)
Being so dedicated paid off. Now, get a good rest - and then spoil him rotten with treats and loving! :D

I'm so happy for you!

Daisy and Delilah
03-18-2006, 05:45 AM
WELCOME HOME DELTA !!!!!!!!
It's the news we've all been waiting for!! Your Big Adventure is over and it has a good ending sweetheart!! The joy you must be feeling, Tamara and Stuart, is hard for anyone to imagine. Bless you all. Thanks for starting my day out right!! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Pawsitive Thinking
03-18-2006, 06:24 AM
This is the news we have all been waiting for!!!! Welcome home darling Delta!!!

cloverfdx
03-18-2006, 06:31 AM
Oh my goodness how excitng, wonderful, faboulous *Just a bit excited*, the happy tears are flowing for you right now. That is the best news.

I have to say Tamara, I just feel like going out and shouting out to the world "HE'S HOME!" I feel unbelievable, I can't imagine how you and Stuart must feel.
Ditto :D.

Good boy Delta, we knew you could do it.

Pembroke_Corgi
03-18-2006, 06:43 AM
That is wonderful news!!! I'm so glad that Delta is home, safe and sound.

You really can say you did everything you could to find Delta and get him back home, long after many people would have given up. And you brought him home- that is so fantastic, your dogs are really lucky to have you. I'm so happy that he's back. :)

pitc9
03-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Thank you God!
Thank you Hoodoo!!!
Thank you for getting him home safely!!!!

auggie
03-18-2006, 07:04 AM
OMG!!! This is the best news ever!!
I’m so happy that he is home and unharmed!
I’ve been checking the other thread for updates every day, sometimes afraid to look.
Yeah!! PT prayers really work!
I'm amazed how great he looks.
:D :) :D

Welcome home, sweet Delta!

finn's mom
03-18-2006, 07:14 AM
Yay, those pictures are great!!!! We love you, Delta!

labmomma
03-18-2006, 07:16 AM
I'm so very happy you got your Delta back. It's so scary when a beloved pet disappears like that and I know you are so relieved. Take care and now you can relax with Delta at your side.
Labmomma X 2 ;)

Roxyluvsme13
03-18-2006, 07:17 AM
*SCREAM!!!!* I could practically jump up and down and scream to the world that Delta is home! :D

anna_66
03-18-2006, 07:17 AM
OMG! I can't tell you how happy I was that the first thing I seen this morning when I logged on was He's Home!!!!! I have tears of joy streaming down my face onto my keyboard!

I just knew he'd be home soon, I never gave up hope and thank goodness you didn't either:D

He looks better than I'd imagined. I bet that KFC dinner was the best dinner he'd ever had in a long, long time!!!

Welcome home sweetheart, please don't ever scare your mommy & daddy like that again;p

More BIG {{{HUGS}}} to you Tamara. I hope you were finally able to get a good nights sleep!

Cincy'sMom
03-18-2006, 07:34 AM
YEAH DELTA!!!! WELCOME HOME!!!! What wonderful news!!!!

Ginger's Mom
03-18-2006, 07:52 AM
Yep, tears of joy happening here, too. Welcome home, Delta!!! And big hugs to you and Stuart, Tamara. I didn't get a chance to check in last night, but I am sort of glad that I didn't because I would have been too excited to go to sleep. I hope that you, Stuart and Delta all got a good night sleep. And some hugs to that handsome Antare for his help, too. I can only assume the new girlfriend is the neighbor's dog that Delta was hanging around. I hope she got an extra big bone last night for her help in capturing our wild boy. :)

k9krazee
03-18-2006, 08:02 AM
:D :D WOOOHOOOO!!!!! I am SO happy that hes home and he's safe!!!!!! WOW!!! What a wonderful thread to wake up to this morning! :D :D

chrissycat21
03-18-2006, 08:07 AM
YAY! Delta is finally home! I'm so happy!!! :D :D :D Now he is safe and sound and you can all sleep easy tonight.

lizbud
03-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Something always happens just after I've logged off for the night. :rolleyes:

Great news.I'm so happy that Delta is home again.Will look forward
to more pics, etc., when you've all rested. :D

Dot
03-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Antare was key to catching him. I had Antare on a flexi-leash with me all afternoon. I could see him in the trees, but couldn't get him out until I let Antare out of the truck. He came right over and wooed at his brother. It still took several hours to catch him, but he stayed much closer once he saw his brother.

If you ever get time, I'm really interested to know how you actually got ahold of Delta. Having rescued quite a few strays in my day, I've found that the very last seconds, when you finally try to get your hands on the dog are the moments when things can go all wrong in the rescue effort. Did you just reach out and grab Delta's collar? Did he struggle or accept it? I'd love to know! Whatever, I'm very happy that he's home!

Jadapit
03-18-2006, 11:00 AM
*Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy* :D Reading this has made my day. I'm so glad Delta is home safe and sound.

gemini9961
03-18-2006, 11:09 AM
I am so happy for you Tamara, Stuart and Delta. What a long month this has been for you guys especially and also here on PT. I know I am thrilled to see the thread He's Home at the top now and not that he's still missing. My heart would sink further down knowing he was still out there and hungry. But that's all behind us now because the sweet boy is home and safe. This is a wonderful example of how connected and supportive we all are of each other even though most of us have never met one another. You guys take it easy up there for a little bit as some well needed rest is in order.

Welcome home Delta!!! :)

slick
03-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I keep coming back to this thread.... :)
I want to start off my weekend with a smile so just had to view those pictures again.

Hope you guys had a good sleep and I'd like to echo what Gini said last night. The dedication and love that you've shown in trying to bring Delta home was indeed the catalyst that brought on this happy ending. I admire you both so very much and send you more {{{hugs}}} from the sunny coast.

zoomer
03-18-2006, 11:32 AM
I can't help but post again...

WE MISSED YOU DELTA!

ChrisH
03-18-2006, 12:44 PM
What wonderful news!! :D :D

Russian Blue
03-18-2006, 01:10 PM
...............and I'd like to echo what Gini said last night. The dedication and love that you've shown in trying to bring Delta home was indeed the catalyst that brought on this happy ending.

Ditto!

I've been lurking in these threads and sending vibes for Delta's safe return. What a journey and what a wonderful ending!!! As they always say when there's a will there's a way....:D :D

zippy-kat
03-18-2006, 01:25 PM
This is one of those threads that you just keep coming back to and asking, "Is it real?" I never had a doubt that, with the dedication and determination shown by you, he'd return but it's just one of those "dream come true" moments. I can't imagine the relief you must feel that your baby is HOME!

I am so incredibly overjoyed at this homecoming! I echo all the previous sentiments: Thank you God, Thank you Hoodoo, Thank you Antare and Glacier and hubby, Thank you "neighbor"... thank you, thank you, thank you!

An incredible story for sure!!

elizabethann
03-18-2006, 02:20 PM
This is great news! Congratulations!

Almita
03-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Yayy! I'm so happy! Congrats on getting him back safe and sound!

lute
03-18-2006, 02:53 PM
YAY! YAY! YAY! :D :D :D

i'm soooo happy yer home Delta! don't run off again! yer mum was super worried about you...so were all of us at PT!

EssTer
03-18-2006, 03:27 PM
OMG! I´m so happy about you and Delta!! That´s great!!
Good boy Delta :)

dappledoxie
03-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Wonderful!!!!!! I am so glad to hear this!!

sandragonfly
03-18-2006, 03:43 PM
:D :D YIPEE!!!! :D :D
welcome home dear delta!!

oh hooraah!! amazwork done, glacier & antare!!

sasvermont
03-18-2006, 04:19 PM
You have a lot of explaining to do fella.

I am so happy for Glacier and hubby. Now they may all sleep.

:)

Dixieland Dancer
03-18-2006, 04:20 PM
I had to do a double take when I saw this threads title! :D Then I had to take a moment to clear the tears of joy in my eyes before I could continue to read about his return. Then I thanked God that all the prayers offered by PT members were heard and answered!

WELCOME HOME DELTA!!!!

Tamara, I can just imagine that you are watching Delta and pinching yourself to see if you are dreaming. I'm sure he is the most wonderful thing your eyes have seen in a long time! :D Your dedication and persistence is to be commended! Please give him a {{{{BIG HUG}}}} for me (if he'll let you close enough).

BTW.... I'm a hopeless romantic so I can't wait to hear about the girlfriend! Do you know her? Is she running lose too or was she the neighbors dog? Will he ever see her again?

pipersmom
03-18-2006, 04:35 PM
YAY!!!!!!!

Thank you so much Lord for listening and taking care of Delta until his wonderful family could get him.

I am sooooo happy for you.

Lobodeb
03-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Once again, someone needs to give me a late pass. I'm just reading this now, but hey, better late than ever.

WELCOME HOME, SWEET DELTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Glacier (can I call you Tamera), you are a true mommy. You never gave up hope. You are an inspiration to me even more so now. Your dedication and persistance paid off, big time. I'm so thrilled to know you have your sweet boy home. I knew God couldn't ignore so many of our prayers.

Did I see somewhere that you have to take one of the lady's dogs that helped you catch him? Perhaps his new girlfriend?? ;)

God bless you all. I'm so happy you were all reunited. I can't wait to hear Delta's woo story of his adventure.

Cessa's Mom
03-18-2006, 05:00 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! Crying happy tears here!!! I'm so relieved Delta is finally home. Congrats!

zoomer
03-18-2006, 05:08 PM
I keep coming back to say:

WELCOME HOME BUD!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-18-2006, 05:44 PM
We need a "Delta's home" one now :D

P.S. Even my hubby was thrilled to hear that Delta is home - he has trouble understanding how I could get so caught up with a dog that I've never met and probably never will....... :D

joanofark
03-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:DD Thank GOODNESS!!!!!! Dogs are the most wonderful creatures!! Good boy, Delta!! :)

Kenley's Cat Lady
03-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Just got home from a rough day at work, was sure nice to read such great news> I'm so happy for you! :)

Anita Cholaine
03-18-2006, 07:25 PM
omg, these are wonderful news! :D We were expecting this such along time ago, and I can't believe it is happening! :D

Welcome home, Delta!!!

I'm so happy for all of you, Tamara! We really need to thank God for this...

Glacier
03-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Thanks everyone. I still can't believe he's really here. I got up at least three times last night just to pet him. He's exhausted. Delta has never slept through a whole night inside before. He was even snoring last night!

His girlfriend is Lady. She's a sweet little lab mix. It was her owner who called me on Thursday. She roams around a bit during the day when her owner is home. A couple days before she had brought Delta home with her from one of her wanderings. She let him stay and shared her food with him. I left all the extra treats I had for her last night. Her owner refused to accept the reward money we were offering. Today I went I bought a gift certificate for the local pet store for Lady and another one to a nice restaurant for her owners.

I also bought a certificate at the pet store for another man on that road. Delta was in his yard yesterday and he let me tromp around on his property for awhile. He even brought me out some raw bacon to try and tempt him with. He has two dogs so I bought them some treats and a gift certificate too.

Dot: I caught him by doing a couple of things. I never walked directly towards him. I came around at an angle. Always with treats in my hand. If he started to move away from me, I either froze on the spot or backed away myself. I let Antare go to the length of the flexi leash so they could sniff each other safely occasionally. The rest of the time I kept Antare very close to me. Lady was eating out of my hand. Delta will sometimes do what the other dogs do so I wanted him to see that the others weren't afraid of me. A couple times he took a treat from my hand and I made no move for his collar. I was pretty sure he was only going to give me one chance so I wanted to make sure I could get him without freaking him out any further.

We have a routine at home where when I want to pet him, I tell him to find a safe place. So I kept whispering to him to find a safe place. After about three hours, he started sitting beside me just out of my reach. Later he moved away on to a pile of snow and laid down. Usually when he lays down that means he's ready to let me handle him. So that was when I moved in for him--slowly and quietly. I had a leash in my pocket. I put that on his collar and then tied it around my arm. He wouldn't walk to the truck so I secured Antare and carried Delta over. He never moved from the front seat where I put him down.

He's keeping his food down today. Last night he puked up everything he ate. I've given him a couple small meals today and that seems to be working. He's laying on a comforter watching me type right now. He's been out in the yard most of the day playing with his buddies. Everyone seemed to remember him and there haven't been any issues there.

K9soul
03-18-2006, 07:36 PM
That's just such a touching story. Truly your loving and kind patience, your determination and persistence as well as the kindness of all those involved in helping you have made Delta's return possible. And of course I feel that all the heartfelt prayers of Pet Talkers have played a part as well. If you ever write a book about your dogs and the things you and they have gone through, I'll be standing in line to buy it ;).

k9krazee
03-18-2006, 07:38 PM
I agree! You definately need to write a book!! You have so many tales to tell and you are so good at it! :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Oh hoorah, I'm SO happy to hear that Delta is HOME!!!!!!!:D That's awesome news, welcome home sweet boy!!!:D;)

lute
03-18-2006, 07:51 PM
i think a book is a great idea! you always have funny, touching, sad, happy, etc stories! :D

BOBS DAD
03-18-2006, 07:55 PM
BOW-WOW I mean,

I am sorry to say that I was having doubts, but I am so HAPPY for you and glad that your prayers were answered.

IRescue452
03-18-2006, 08:14 PM
I can't believe it. This must be why I needed to check the computer when I came home. Welcome home Delta!!!!!!!!!!

Cataholic
03-18-2006, 08:44 PM
This has made my day! Welcome home, Delta!

Dot
03-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Fascinating details about your catching Delta! Thank you for sharing it. You described it so well, I felt as though I were there watching!

Reading of your experience with Delta will be helpful for any of us who attempt to rescue a frightened dog someday in the future.

It's probably not surprising that he upchucked his food, considering the variety of things he had been offered the last day or two! :D

Did you ever discover how he got out in the first place? It has to be a worry, that he'll try it again. I hope not -- I don't think we Pet Talkers could survive another episode!! :D

Glacier
03-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Did you ever discover how he got out in the first place? It has to be a worry, that he'll try it again. I hope not -- I don't think we Pet Talkers could survive another episode!! :D

His escape route has been blocked. Antare, who can be a little troublemaker somedays, pulled the driveway gate open just a smidgen. He was waiting at the gate not long after to be let back in. We never knew that Delta had gone with him when he escaped until a couple hours later when I went to feed the dog and Delta didn't come for his dinner. It's the only time I can think of that he could have gotten out. Delta has never left the yard before, not even when windstorms took out all the fences. He must have just followed his brother. I think something spooked them. Antare, being braver, headed for home. Delta just blindly ran and ended up lost.

The gates have been redesigned. They are tough for me to open now. I don't think any of the dogs will get through again!

cyber-sibes
03-19-2006, 12:14 AM
:) Lady sounds like a sweetheart, bringing him home, sharing her food & all. And I'll bet Antare couldn't be happier, now that he has his brother back! Maybe Delta will accept your attention a little easier now, not be so skittish. It's great you've worked so hard to establish some trust with him in the past, otherwise you would probably NEVER have caught him! Hope his tummy feels better, poor guy. ((((hugs))))

jesse_3
03-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Ohh! Poor boy, at least he is now keeping the food down. Does he seem to be more relaxed being home for a while, or is he still terrified?

Once again, welcome back Delta!
Stephanie and Jesse

Pawsitive Thinking
03-19-2006, 06:14 AM
She let him stay and shared her food with him. I left all the extra treats I had for her last night. Her owner refused to accept the reward money we were offering. Today I went I bought a gift certificate for the local pet store for Lady and another one to a nice restaurant for her owners.

These two are true PT heroes!! Very thoughtful gestures from you too.

How is Delta today?

Ginger's Mom
03-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Still can't get this great big smile off my face. It is so great to know that Delta is home and safe. Big hugs and kisses to Lady for being such a sweet girl. I agree with cyber-sibes, it is because of all of the work you did with Delta to establish his trust that you were able to catch him at all.

poofy
03-19-2006, 12:01 PM
IM sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy, thank the lord..I could just cry... :)

Alysser
03-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Thats great that the gate has been redesigned! Im still really happy Delta is home!http://www.smileypad.com/v10/Cache/Happy/yahoo.gif

Sophist
03-19-2006, 01:35 PM
:eek: A month! Wow. Congratulations, and Delta sounds like such a lucky boy for having a family who refused to give up on him.

conans_in_heaven
03-19-2006, 03:32 PM
I AM SO HAPPY 4 YOU....NONE OF US GAVE UP...LOOK WHAT GOD DID! ITS A MIRACLE!!!!! i HAVE TEARS IN MY EYES.AND THATS A GOOD THING!! wELCOME HOME DELTA!!!

P.S WHERE DID YOU FIND HIM? detaiLS PLEASE!!!

captain
03-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Oh the JOY - he is home!!!!! :D

Tamara,
Reading your post of everything you did to "catch" him, and the wonderful things you have done for the people who have helped you, just show what a truly beautiful person you are ....

(((hugs))) to you all ......... and I am so glad he is finally home where he belongs.

Jods
03-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

Queen of Poop
03-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Sheesh, go away to a hockey tournament for a few days in rainy Vancouver (we lost all of our games and came home early), and look what happens. Delta is home. Although there never was any doubt that he would come home eventually. Thank God that Delta was found, safe and sound. Now we can all get a better nights sleep. Delta, here is a great big hug and kiss for you. And an admonishment - DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!! Stinker!

Glacier
03-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks again everyone.

Delta is doing very well. He's still very hungry, but no more puking. I'm giving him lots of little meals every day. I'm also keeping him inside alot. Partly because I want him near me and partly because it will be easier for him to regain some weight if he doesn't have to waste any calories staying warm. He is loving being in the computer room. He just snuggles right into his blanket and snoozes. It's the most relaxed I've ever seen him in the house. Tonight he actually came through the door into the house on his own. In three years, he's never done that before. I always carry him into the house! He's playing with his buddies in the yard and wooing at me whenever he sees me, just like he never left! I get a big ol' stupid grin on my face every time I see him!

chocolatepuppy
03-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Happy to hear Delta is doing well! I hope you are getting some rest now too. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
03-20-2006, 03:48 AM
Struggled into work with that Monday morning feeling but just reading your latest post has put a big stupid grin on my face too! :D

cloverfdx
03-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Still grinning here :D. Glad to hear Delta is settling back in.

Daisy and Delilah
03-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Tamara, I think all of us here at PT still can't wipe the big ol' stupid grins off our faces. I'm still in awe that that big guy is is back and so happy he's doing so well. It warms my heart every day to know that such good people have had such a good thing take place in their lives. No one could deserve it more than you guys. Enjoy your time with the fabulous Mr. Delta!!! :) :) :)
Please give him a ton of extra kisses from us here in Florida too.

JenBKR
03-20-2006, 07:55 AM
I wasa gone over the weekend, so I'm just now seeing this. I'm so happy for you I'm crying! I can't begin to tell you how happy and relieved I am that he's home. Thank you God!

ramanth
03-20-2006, 08:28 AM
Talk about the Luck of the Irish!! Happy belated St. Patrick's Day to all of you!! I'm so happy to hear that Delta is safe and home where he belongs. :D

lv4dogs
03-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Wow, that is great news. I knew it would happen. That is just awesome, welcome home Delta boy.

beeniesmom
03-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Wow, great news. I am so happy for you all!
:) :) :)
I can't stop smiling!

My Peanuts
03-20-2006, 01:14 PM
OMG! I didn't see this with all the stuff going on with Jimmy. I'm so happy for you! :D :D :D :D

All those PT prayers must have worked! :D

Animal Lover12
03-20-2006, 02:50 PM
YAY! OMG I AM SOOO HAPPY! IN TEARS OF JOY!! I have been waiting for this sweet moment when I could hear the words come out of your mouth that "Delta is safe and home!" Thank god and all