PDA

View Full Version : Cat fight & now a bloody nose...

aprilynn
03-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Ellie and Bagheera got into a major fight tonight.... it started with Bagheera pouncing on Ellie - and then Ellie grabbed him with her paws and layed him on the ground.... then she clawed his nose- bagheera then started sneezing over and over again - with blood coming from his nose - he seems okay now - just a bit agitated and licking his face a lot..... will he be okay till tomorrow when the vet is in? The nearest vet emergency is over an hour away and he hates car rides - I don't want to take him unless absolutely necessary. I'm at my wits end with these two fighting - they fight CONSTANTLY.... bagheera was declawed by his previous owners - so he has no way to even fight back....They've been like this since bagheera came into the house..... he came into our home last August. Should I possibly look for a new home for one of them?? I really dont want to give up on either of them - I live in an apartment so it's not really easy to keep them seperated.... please give me some advice.....

christa
03-17-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure about the bloody nose . . . is it still bleeding?

The only suggestion I have for the fighting is to make sure that you keep Ellie's nails trimmed short! Both of my cats have their claws and they just play fight but if I let their claws get razor sharp, they can definitely do some damage to each other! (they're rough!) I try to keep them trimmed as short as possible - just don't clip the pink part. If you keep them clipped, they will stay short & dull and shouldn't hurt the declawed cat.

aprilynn
03-17-2006, 08:40 PM
i clip Ellie's nails twice a week..... they get into all out fights - I dont think they are playing anymore - they get very loud, and "reeeeeeeeeeow" and hissing.... they pin each other down prowl each other ALL DAY long.

Laura's Babies
03-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Try some soft paws on Ellie. If she is use to you clipping her nails twice a week, getting those on should be a breeze...

I think Bagheera will be alright until tomorrow unless his nose won't stop bleeding.... Sounds like she hit his sneeze spot if he kept sneexing. :D

Catty1
03-18-2006, 01:50 AM
If you're talking to your vet anyway, talk about the fighting. Maybe some kennel drops for a while will help the one cat.

Maybe a behaviourist can help - if it started as soon as the new kitty arrived, maybe not.

I can understand how hard it is to keep them separated in an apartment...so maybe they didn't have enough separate time right at the beginning.

I know someone on PT will have good advice!

hugs
Catty1

icedtea
03-18-2006, 03:04 AM
keep them nails clipped! my 2 have very sharp nails and i think ill ask for them clipped by the vet when they get desexed in about 2 months.

catmandu
03-18-2006, 09:20 AM
I have never had Cats fight so hard,than one of thier little noses bleed.
I hope that Your Cats can learn to get along.
Eventually I think that they may learn to get along.
At laest we pray that they do.
Pouncer and Mr Scrappy used to Fight all the time,but became the best of Friends.