PDA

View Full Version : Was I wrong?

Flatcoatluver
03-17-2006, 02:35 PM
The kids I used to baby-sit have a rooster, which attacks them. Their rooster was looking for some bugs when the kids went up to it and started throwing rocks the size of baseballs at him. I yelled at them and they said that the rooster was attacking them (big lie.)

I told my mom and she told me to mind my own business. About a hour later we got a call from a angry parent that says my kids can throw rocks at our animals as much as they want.

Was I really wrong to yell at the kids for it?
Actually my real question is this a thing I should report?

Karen
03-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Call Animal Control and discuss it with them. That's animal abuse.

You were not wrong, the parents are.

I would not babysit for them ever again.

Flatcoatluver
03-17-2006, 02:50 PM
I choose not to baby-sit for them anyway, they try to get out of paying me and their not poor, if they were it would be fine with me if they didn't pay me.

I called them and they told me they wanted me to watch for more abuse in the child, they think the mother was just angry and will correct it. :rolleyes:

lute
03-17-2006, 02:57 PM
you weren't wrong for yelling at them at all! i yelled at a kid this past Christmas for hitting Gracie in the head with something.

i would call animal control or police. what they were doing is ANIMAL CRUELTY! just because the parents said the kids are allowed to throw things at the rooster doesn't make it ok!

sasvermont
03-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Animal control should be called....or you might find someone to pluck the rooster from that household and find it a nice farm to live on.

Ugh. What are people thinking when the allow animals to be treated that way?

Gosh. :rolleyes:

CathyBogart
03-17-2006, 05:22 PM
you weren't wrong for yelling at them at all! i yelled at a kid this past Christmas for hitting Gracie in the head with something.

Egad! If someone hit Star I'd hit 'em right back! 0_0 :mad:

dab_20
03-19-2006, 09:03 PM
You were not wrong for yelling at them. Just because it's a rooster doesn't mean it doesn't have feeling just like any other animal. I would call animal control. Good Luck... I really hope those kids and their mom learn a lesson about respecting animals.

jesse_3
03-19-2006, 09:59 PM
That was not in any shape or form wrong to yell at them! I would call animal control ASAP, and report this. Then the rooster will be able to live in peace on a farm.

Steph, Splinter, and my betta

Alysser
03-21-2006, 09:11 PM
I yelled at my little cousin for pulling Sassy tail once. She cried but I could care less. That's animal abuse. If they are going to hit htier animals why do they have them? :confused: Bre, you did the right thing.

Miss Z
03-22-2006, 01:13 AM
Those kids should thanks their lucky stars it wasn't me babysitting them.....:rolleyes: They definitely deserved to be shouted at! Now you've just got to try to save that rooster! Good luck.

*LabLoverKEB*
03-22-2006, 06:18 PM
All that I can say is... GOOD FOR YOU!! .. for calling animal control! That makes me feel soo upset and angry that those dumb kids, and even dumber mother would do/say that! :mad: :mad:
That you for calling animal control! It was the RIGHT thing to do! :)