PDA

View Full Version : An American Hero-The Pit Bull

Roxyluvsme13
03-17-2006, 12:53 PM
It's pretty graphic and it had me in tears.
http://media.putfile.com/An-American-Hero-The-Pit-Bull

Jadapit
03-17-2006, 01:01 PM
I got done watching that a few minutes ago. ;) I cried my eyes out. The lady that makes the video's is trying so hard to educate people on pit bulls.

Miss Z
03-17-2006, 01:11 PM
And people call pits vicious???

Poor dogs, I was really saddened by that film. The music got to me too, especially at the end when some of the pits found better lives, I was happy for them but so sad that their lives had previously been full of neglect and suffering. I hope everyone who watches that comes away feeling how we on PT always do on this subject.

Roxyluvsme13
03-17-2006, 01:21 PM
And people call pits vicious???

Poor dogs, I was really saddened by that film. The music got to me too, especially at the end when some of the pits found better lives, I was happy for them but so sad that their lives had previously been full of neglect and suffering. I hope everyone who watches that comes away feeling how we on PT always do on this subject.
*sigh* I know. I can't believe a Pom killed a 6 month old infant. (That may be the other pit video I watched:p I can't remember.) I hope people realize what sweethearts pits REALLY are.

Flatcoatluver
03-17-2006, 01:26 PM
That was painful for me to watch- i was crying but the last picture had me balling my eyes out.

Sophist
03-17-2006, 02:19 PM
The worst pit bull will never be as evil and dangerous as the people who do this to them.

lvpets2002
03-17-2006, 02:29 PM
The worst pit bull will never be as evil and dangerous as the people who do this to them.

Very well put Sophist && I could have not said it better myself.. Any abuse just makes me so so :mad: & sick to my stomack..

Husky_mom
03-17-2006, 03:52 PM
OMG i´m crying here, so deep to heart...........i loved the last pic

i love Pits and they are one of the breeds i want to have next, and still Huskies of course ;)

Laura's Babies
03-17-2006, 04:19 PM
NO amimal deserves to be treated that way, no matter WHAT breed they are. That is just to heartbreaking to see a creature that God put here to be our companion treated like that! Those people will have to meet their creator someday and explaine what they did......

Vela
03-17-2006, 04:54 PM
People should be a lot more afraid of a person who would do this to an animal, than any dog. It's time for legislation to put a stop to the people, not the dogs. I am tired of hearing how horrible pits and other dogs are, when it's the people who are horrible. Humans are more vicious than any animal.

Roxyluvsme13
03-18-2006, 09:11 AM
People should be a lot more afraid of a person who would do this to an animal, than any dog. It's time for legislation to put a stop to the people, not the dogs. I am tired of hearing how horrible pits and other dogs are, when it's the people who are horrible. Humans are more vicious than any animal.
I agree.

moosmom
03-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Vela is right. Pitbulls have gotten a bad rap, thanks to the many jerks that train them to fight. It only takes 1 bad apple to spoil the whole barrel. These ARE sweet dogs. Aggression is not bred, it's trained!!

I couldn't watch the video. I've seen too many of them and believe me, it's truly sickening.

captain
03-20-2006, 10:02 PM
OMG - I tried, I tried ..... but I cannot watch it ...... I

I need to pick a "brave" day to watch it, one day when I am feeling like I can, and remember ............... people SAVE them, and I THANK THEM SO much for that ....

zoomer
03-21-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm starting to releize that they aren't that vicious... :)

king2005
03-26-2006, 11:04 PM
I've been bitten by a lot of dogs, including a pit bull. I'd have to say the pit bull did the least amount of damage & if he could talk, I know he would have said sorry a million times. The worst I've had was when I was 6 & was bitten by a border Collie, I had to get 7 stitches.

No complaints were ever filled out, as I was not attacked by the dogs. It was a single bite & nothing more.

I cannot wait until I move into my new apt. as there is a pitty in the house & hes a big suck! All he wants is to be patted, scratched, kissed & near you.

Roxyluvsme13
03-27-2006, 12:57 PM
I've been bitten by a lot of dogs, including a pit bull. I'd have to say the pit bull did the least amount of damage & if he could talk, I know he would have said sorry a million times. The worst I've had was when I was 6 & was bitten by a border Collie, I had to get 7 stitches.

No complaints were ever filled out, as I was not attacked by the dogs. It was a single bite & nothing more.

I cannot wait until I move into my new apt. as there is a pitty in the house & hes a big suck! All he wants is to be patted, scratched, kissed & near you.
Yay!
How many actual pitbull deaths have you ever heard of? I've heard of other dogs killing people, but in all honesty never a Pit. There's been a rottie(not too far from me actually) and then I heard of a Pomeranian killing a 6month old infant...

king2005
03-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Yay!
How many actual pitbull deaths have you ever heard of? I've heard of other dogs killing people, but in all honesty never a Pit. There's been a rottie(not too far from me actually) and then I heard of a Pomeranian killing a 6month old infant...

The way I was raised, is that dogs cannot push you out of their way or put their paws infront of them to stop a person from doing something they don't want (in my case petting), so the dogs only clear warning is a snap.

In my eyes a snap or single bite, is = to a person pushing you away to hitting your hands to stop you from doing something they don't like (like a hug).

Its when the dog bites many times, claws, snarls & continues to bite you as your trying to get away is when its a BAD dog.. Most cases a person turned it into a bad dog, but regardless, it is what someone made it & saddly I agree those ones need to be destroyed as they are mentally broken :(

I remember doing my paper route when I was 12yrs old. I always was excited to go to this one house, cause Boots was always tied at the front door 7 he loved to be patted & every now & then Tiny was outside aswell & she got scratches too.

One day I went to pet Boots (I had known him for a year) & he bit me 3 times really fast on my hand.. He broke the first layer of skin all over my hand & my hand turned red & had swelled a wee bit where hit teeth touched.

I freaked & ran to the truck a block away & hid in there until dad came back (the route had 200 papers & dad helped me).. I told dad what happened & said something is wrong with Boots, its not like him to be like that.

So dad knocked on the door & some 20-30 something guy came out. I knew that wasn't Boots' owner & I'd never seen him before. Months later I saw Boots' owner walking Boots & Tiny in the park, Boots barked at me (not aggressivly), but I panicked & ran into the lake draging Max with me. Boot's owner said whats wrong, he's harmless. So I told them what happened as they knew I was the papergirl. They were shocked & said they had suspected their son was hurting him, but never saw it happen. Saddly Boots was put down, as he was turning & his owners feared he'd accidently bite the wrong person.

To this day I don't blame Boots & kinda feel guilty.

Roxyluvsme13
03-27-2006, 02:06 PM
The way I was raised, is that dogs cannot push you out of their way or put their paws infront of them to stop a person from doing something they don't want (in my case petting), so the dogs only clear warning is a snap.

In my eyes a snap or single bite, is = to a person pushing you away to hitting your hands to stop you from doing something they don't like (like a hug).

Its when the dog bites many times, claws, snarls & continues to bite you as your trying to get away is when its a BAD dog.. Most cases a person turned it into a bad dog, but regardless, it is what someone made it & saddly I agree those ones need to be destroyed as they are mentally broken :(

I remember doing my paper route when I was 12yrs old. I always was excited to go to this one house, cause Boots was always tied at the front door 7 he loved to be patted & every now & then Tiny was outside aswell & she got scratches too.

One day I went to pet Boots (I had known him for a year) & he bit me 3 times really fast on my hand.. He broke the first layer of skin all over my hand & my hand turned red & had swelled a wee bit where hit teeth touched.

I freaked & ran to the truck a block away & hid in there until dad came back (the route had 200 papers & dad helped me).. I told dad what happened & said something is wrong with Boots, its not like him to be like that.

So dad knocked on the door & some 20-30 something guy came out. I knew that wasn't Boots' owner & I'd never seen him before. Months later I saw Boots' owner walking Boots & Tiny in the park, Boots barked at me (not aggressivly), but I panicked & ran into the lake draging Max with me. Boot's owner said whats wrong, he's harmless. So I told them what happened as they knew I was the papergirl. They were shocked & said they had suspected their son was hurting him, but never saw it happen. Saddly Boots was put down, as he was turning & his owners feared he'd accidently bite the wrong person.

To this day I don't blame Boots & kinda feel guilty.
That's terrible:(. But don't be guilty. It wasn't your fault at all Boots was being abused. It's the stupid son who abused him, and caused him to be mean.

king2005
03-27-2006, 02:24 PM
That's terrible:(. But don't be guilty. It wasn't your fault at all Boots was being abused. It's the stupid son who abused him, and caused him to be mean.

I know, its just he was such a nice old dog & didn't deserve that.

I was chased by a Lassie once! Dang that was scarry.. The owners didn't tie him up & when I walked by he charged! I nearly strangled poor Max (he was just a little guy then) casue my first reaction was to run like hell, then grab the puppy & run faster! hehe

Our neighbours has a smooth Lassie & DANG, she had to be the meanest dog on earth!! Once again it was the owners fault. They knew I hatted that dog, because it would stick its head through OUR fence & try to attack us, Max & a BABY! So when ever I was in the garden taking care of my veggies, she would let the dog outside & I'd have to go in cause it would never stop snarling, snapping & trying to get through the fence. I moved out & then came back a couple years later & totally forgot about that darn dog! My friend & I were inbetween the garage & OUR fence, pulling baby trees & weeds (mom was allergic to them so she couldn't touch these ones), when all of a sudden the stupid owner saw us & let the dog out. The dog was only 1-2 inces from bitting us. We were yelling, as we couldn't move. Then the dog jumpped up & started at us that way, which was good cause she can't bite us when she up on the fence, so we try to run out. Stupid thing races after us, my friend got out just in time (I thought the dog bit her) & I was already running with a tree & cracked the dog over the head to avoid getting bitten. That was the first time I ever had to hurt a dog & felt horrible for the rest of the day.. I called the pound after that & I was the one who got in truble cause I was near OUR fence on OUR property! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Then they moved away YAY! & a new dog moved in.. The poor Rottie was nearly shot by the police too... Long story, but our neighbours stopped them from shooting him, as he was just horrible scared after falling out a window & didn't know how to get back in & was snarling at people who tried to go near him.. He's ok & they fixed the window.. Hes super friendly now, its just they had only been in the house for a weekend & he freaked cause of the storm & went through the window.. He only fell maybe 3 feet, so nothing but his pride was broken.. silly boy

Lori Jordan
04-06-2006, 12:32 PM
That video makes me so mad they have laws out against these beautiful dogs the say Vicious i wish the had the sence to know why they are seeing those dogs in that video some looked burned,beaten,it is so cruel i have always liked the look of the pitts there amazing dogs,Some people must forget these dogs were a favored family pet way back before some of us were even born...Some people just do not understand,they have no clue,A dog only bites to deffend itself that is the only was they can they do not have voices saying "Please Dont Hurt Me"
But that is were the quote comes into play "STUPID OWNERS" i hope these people that have harmed these digs get it back worse then they can live the pain an innocent creature have lived!