PDA

View Full Version : question about san francisco

caseysmom
03-17-2006, 12:06 PM
I know there are a few pt'ers from the san fran area. I am taking my daughter and her friends there tomorrow for her 15th birthday. Just going to walk around and then have dinner somewhere.

any suggestions on where teens might like to shop and any suggestions on reasonable restaurants...I go to san francisco every now and then, we are only an hour and a half away but I always seem to go to pier 39.

By the way I ALWAYS get lost down there.

caseysmom
03-18-2006, 01:01 AM
:D bump...

krazyaboutkatz
03-18-2006, 01:07 AM
I live about an hour away and I'm not very familiar with San Francisco. You might want to try pm'ing RedHedd about this since she lives there. I hope you have fun tomorrow. Good luck. :)

Giselle
03-18-2006, 01:20 AM
AHH!!! LOL, my favorite topic. If your daughter loves luxury items, head on over to Union Square. On one side, you will find Niketown (perfect if she's the shoe aficionado), and if you walk down, you'll bump into Gucci and Louis Vuitton, Neiman Marcus, Macy's, and more all in the same "square". I love love love Union Square, but I only go there occassionally because it does empty your bank account ;)

If you walk down further past Union Square, there's a shopping center whose name I completely forgot. On the way there, however, you'll run into French Connection (fcuk), The Body Shop, the biggest Sephora you've ever seen, H&M, Forever 21, etc. Inside the shopping center (I think it's called Nordstrom Shopping Center or something), you'll find Coach, Steve Madden, Nordstrom, A&E, Godiva, and more. Your daughter will love it ;) If you like Indian food, there's a fantastic restaurant about 15 minutes away from Union Square. It's called Maharani (www.maharanirestaurant.com), and it is sooo exotic and the food is incredible. Have fun! I love SF!

Edit: Oops, I noticed you'll be taking a few of your daughter's friends, too. In that case, go to Laurie's Diner. You can't miss it if you walk down to the Nordstrom's shopping center from Union Square. It's rather expensive, but the burgers are really fabulous. The atmosphere is greyt, too.

caseysmom
03-18-2006, 10:57 AM
thanks giselle...might be checking out niketown she likes jordans...

I love exotic foods not sure about the friends as far as the indian food.

If you see this before I leave...where do you park? Just find a lot near union square?

dog_pug123
03-18-2006, 11:57 AM
I don't really know of any that are coming to my mind right now, but can you do me a favor? Watch out for a pug, Alli, she got loose :( Thanks.

caseysmom
03-18-2006, 01:36 PM
I will definetely keep my eyes out, I doubt she would be wondering around downtown though surely someone would pick her up.

CathyBogart
03-18-2006, 03:20 PM
I wish I could help since I'm pretty close to there but I HATE San Francisco. My grandma takes me there about once a year for some "fun", but I don't remember much of it because I was so terrified the whole time.

We ate at a place called The Citrus Club once, it was an Asian noodle house with a BIG selection and inexpensive prices. It was pretty yummy. I just looked it up, it's on Haight Street.

RedHedd
03-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Darn! I just saw this! Parking is a snap at the Sutter/Stockton Garage or 5th & Mission. Union Square or San Francisco Centre (where Nordstrom is) is so much fun. Laurie's Diner would be terrific, but for a really fun time, head south of Market Street down to 5th & Howard to Bucca di Beppo - a really insanely fun Italian restaurant.

If you get adventurous, go over to Union Street or Chestnut Street for lots of boutiques and many different kinds of restaurants.

Of course, this is all probably too late. Next time, PM me as I've been so busy at work and my computer situation at home is not normal because of my moved situation with the retrofit construction.

Giselle
03-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Hmm, you know, I have a four-day weekend this week. I think I might head on over to SF, RedHedd. You've got me really hyped up about this now :D

Have you been to Ti Couz? I haven't been in about two years, and I miss those darn peach crepes! Do you have an address for Bucca di Beppo?

caseysmom
03-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Well we ended up doing the cheesy pier 39 thing but it was a lot of fun. Lots of cheap hoodies and tees to be had. Bought the kids each some tops, sweatshirts and a sweatshirt for myself for about a hundred bucks. I took them to bubba gumps for dinner it was very good and lots of food.

We sat and watched a few huge ships come in right from our table. I parked for 8 bucks for the whole day and we walked from around pier 15 so about a mile but it was okay, just glad nobody stole my car since they keep the key and put it under the matt after they leave and I had to get back into it with the remote.

RedHedd
03-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Hmm, you know, I have a four-day weekend this week. I think I might head on over to SF, RedHedd. You've got me really hyped up about this now :D

Have you been to Ti Couz? I haven't been in about two years, and I miss those darn peach crepes! Do you have an address for Bucca di Beppo?

http://www.bucadibeppo.com/ It's on Howard between 4th and 5th Streets. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but the inside is something to behold. Bring a camera!

I took Laurie there for dinner when she visited and we had a blast!

Caseysmom: Did you get to see the elephant seals at Pier 39? Bubba Gump's actually is pretty good for tourist fare. Sounds like you had a good time.

caseysmom
03-20-2006, 03:29 PM
We always go to see the seals but this time we did not, it seemed like the time flew by. I could hear them though and we were taking pictures off the end and saw one seal by himself out there. We never made it over to the
"seal" side.

We tried to go to see alcatraz but those tours were booked up.