PDA

View Full Version : 4 Year Old Attacked By Dog, Gwinnett County GA

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-23-2002, 07:42 AM
I was watching the news yesterday and saw this story about a 4 year old being attacked by a pitbull.

The father of the child said that he was going to make sure that pitbulls were banned from being pets! In the segement, the news reporter said that the father had said he had been to dog fights and thought it was an acceptable sport!

I feel for this father's pain and pray that his child will heal well and that the owner of the dogs will recieve his punishment for making those pitbulls viscous! But those mean pitbulls could have been mean poodles. I believe that the dog will be mean if you train it to be so. I have met rotties and pitbulls that were so sweet and gentle. I hate ignorance! I hate stereotypes!

Gio
04-23-2002, 07:49 AM
I could not agree with you more :( We had two very similar incidents here just recently, two pit bulls escaped from the garden they were kept in and killed two farmers. And just yesterday one killey a yorkshire terrier in the same block as mine. Now I'm afraid that the witch hunt will start again :(

ramanth
04-23-2002, 08:40 AM
How very sad. I totally agree Souraya. I have never met a rottie or a pit bull that wasn't kind and gentle.

Any dog can be mean if raised to be. Heck, even Kia has shown her teeth at me when she's having a bad day.

mugsy
04-23-2002, 08:54 AM
Obviously, this father is an idiot anyway, if he thinks that dog fighting is ok...maybe he should be thrown in the ring and see how he likes it. I'm sorry the kid was hurt, but it's attitudes like the kid's father that creates the situation that occured. Our pits are very kind dogs, even Smokey is learning how to be social, albeit slowly. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH....stupid people REALLY make me mad!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-23-2002, 10:56 PM
WHY THE HECK DID THE FATHER WANT TO KNOW IF HIS SON WANTED TO SHOOT SQUIRRLES WITH BB GUNS?!?!?!? AND HE THOUGHT THAT DOG FIGHTS WERE AN ACCEPTABLE SPORT?!?!?! SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THE FATHER AND COUSIN NEED TO BE PUT TO SLEEP :mad: :mad: WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE THESE..... ESPICALLY TEACHING THEIR CHILD THAT IT IS O.K. TO SHOOT POOR SQUIRRLES FOR FUN :mad: :mad:
I just pray that this poor child grows up not listening to a THING that his father tells him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuzzy317
04-23-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
Boy attacked by pit bulls (http://207.69.64.62/GDP-Templates/news1.shtml)

This link has been changed by the paper to another story, I could not find this story.

Kfamr
04-24-2002, 12:01 AM
i was affraid to open this thread.. i skimmed for the word pit bull, and did not look farther. i dont want to read any more.

yorkster
04-24-2002, 06:10 PM
How contradictory of the father:
It's acceptable to attend dogfights, where the very dogs he wants to NOW ban are trained to be aggressive and fight. :confused:

He does not see the connection here? Ignorant people just........get to me!

mugsy
04-24-2002, 07:47 PM
yorkster, this is just another example of our society not making the connection that for every action there is a consequense whether it be bad or good. And it shows that people in our society no longer want to be responsible for their actions. I see it everyday and it's only getting worse. And I'm with you....stupid people......well, you get the idea!

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-24-2002, 08:06 PM
I know exactly what you guys mean. It drives me crazy!
"Ignorence is the root of all evil." That's something my father always told me as a child.

yorkster
04-25-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
I know exactly what you guys mean. It drives me crazy!
"Ignorence is the root of all evil." That's something my father always told me as a child.

your Dad's a smart guy! :)

and
Mugsey, you phrased that well! :)

mugsy
04-25-2002, 07:05 AM
Unfortunately, yorkster, it's like a broken record for me.:(

lovemymaltese
04-25-2002, 10:52 AM
I agree, pitbulls have a bad rap. I fostered one a few years back and she was the most gentle and sweet dog in the world. I feel for the family of that little girl, but he cannot band a whole breed of dogs because of that isolated incident.