PDA

View Full Version : Feline Health Center how-to technique videos – medicate, trim nails, etc.

Kater
03-17-2006, 03:35 AM
I work part-time at a veterinary clinic. Technicians (and veterinarians) spend a lot of time on owner education and it's something we pride ourselves on. However, sometimes an owner may forget to ask how something is done or may have forgotten and just need their memory refreshed. Today I came across this helpful video series put out by Cornell's College of Vet Med. They are quite well done and probably a close second to an actual demonstration at the vet with your own pet.

I feel this link would be a useful addition to the vast Pet Talk "archive of knowledge." ;) Of course there is always more than one way to do something, but these give someone seeking direction a good starting point. And the kitty models are all quite cute and entertaining too!! :D

These are the topics covered:

- Giving Your Cat a Pill or Capsule (11 sub-segments...click "more" at the bottom right)
- Giving Your Cat Liquid Medications
- Trimming Your Cat's Claws
- Taking Your Cat's Temperature
- Brushing Your Cat's Teeth

http://www.felinevideos.vet.cornell.edu/

I hope others find this helpful!

-Kate

catnapper
03-17-2006, 07:14 AM
Great resource! They're a little more professionally done than my tutorial on nail trimming and yesterday's pilling lesson! LOL

catmandu
03-17-2006, 08:45 AM
That was very kind of you to post those Videos and I am placing them in my Meow Mail for future reference.
Thank You Very Much!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-17-2006, 09:14 AM
THANK YOU!!!! That is a great tutorial site! I bookmarked it for future use :)

Laura's Babies
03-17-2006, 10:04 AM
I think it was just wonderful for someone to even think of doing that for us folks who need a little help now and then. Sure beats having to go back to the vets. THANKS for posting and it bookmarked on my computer.

slick
03-17-2006, 10:19 AM
That is awesome. Thanks for posting that and I've added it to my favourites. :)

sirrahbed
03-17-2006, 10:42 AM
That is a Bookmark for sure :) Thank you for posting. I will view the trimming claws carefully because I am still not very efficient at that job. I still don't cut far enough and worry about that quick being cut. :rolleyes: