PDA

View Full Version : Cheltenham/Steeple chases in general

Pawsitive Thinking
03-17-2006, 01:01 AM
This is horrific

http://www.animalaid.org.uk/press/0503deat.htm

I have heard reports that a total of 5 horses have been killed at this year's "festival".

My colleagues are due to go to a race meeting today and will be leaving with my strong objections ringing in their ears! I will never attend another horse race or place a bet again :mad:

since heard that the total is 7! The 5 mentioned above were all killed in one day

Miss Z
03-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Aaagghh! :mad: :mad: :( :( :mad: :mad: That is horrific. I'm glad that your colleagues will be giving them a piece of their mind! People often ask me why, if I'm totally obsessed with horses, do I not care much for horse racing. Well, my simple answer is that horse racing is not about the love of horses, but about earning thousands for some rich old men in posh suits with wives who have hats larger than themselves. That shocking story has proved my theory. Thanks for posting about this though, I'm going to send this to some of my horse-mad friends so they too can discourage people from taking part in betting etc.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Well, my simple answer is that horse racing is not about the love of horses, but about earning thousands for some rich old men in posh suits with wives who have hats larger than themselves.

Exactly!

G535
03-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Some not so old men in posh suits too.

I don't think horse racing has ever been noted for having horse lovers in the industry and that's what it is, just another industry. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
03-21-2006, 06:52 AM
Final total of horse deaths in this one week was 9

king2005
03-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Theres a reason why the horse track in PEI is going bankrupt! No body there wants to watch that BS.

Lori Jordan
03-24-2006, 09:28 AM
That is really sad