PDA

View Full Version : A little about me...

dogzr#1
03-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Well I thought I would make a thread talking about myself because not many people know me.

My name is Monica Valdez and I am 13 years old. I love animals, mainly dogs and hope to one day become a veterinarian. I live in a small town in south Texas where we only have one season... summer. Just kidding but it does stay pretty hot down here mostly all year.

As you know, I have three dogs, Molly, Astra, and Prince.

Molly was my birthday present in 2nd grade. She is a 5 year old Golden Retriever. I had been wanting a dog so we looked for a good family dog and came across Golden Retrievers. We looked for Goldens in our shelters but had no luck, so we started looking for breeders in our area. The closest one we found was in Corpus Christi. We drove up there to pick her out. It was a tough decision between her and her sister. When we finally picked Molly, we picked her up and her sister started crying. So we bent down with Molly and they gave each other a kiss. Molly is a wonderful dog; very loving, sweet, and gentle.

Astra was my mom's anniversary present. We had wanted a dog to keep Molly company while we were away at school and work, so we started looking in shelters. We saw a female, pure white husky available for adoption. We wanted her really bad, but we decided to do some more research on Huskies before getting one. A few days later we decided to adopt her, if she was still there. Sadly, someone adopted her before us, so our quest for a husky continued. After searching for quite a while we came across a breeder in San Antonio who had puppies available. We went to look at them and we fell in love with the runt of the litter, Astra. Astra is a very mischievous dog. She has a very stubborn atitude and likes to do things her way. She loves to woo at you in the morning and is very lazy during the day, but when we let her out to play, she zooms all around the backyard! She is such a silly girl.

Prince is a Chihuahua mix who is 6 years old. His story is kind of sad. A lady bought him thinking he had papers but when she found out he didn't, sold him saying he did(liar :mad: ). Another lady bought him thinking he did have papers and when she found out he didn't also sold him. We found him in the classifieds. We called the lady and asked if he was still available. She said that another family had called and wanted him but had to get some groceries first. She said it was 'first come, first serve'. He was 1yr old when we got him. When we went to the lady's house, we saw Prince in a chicken house type thing, in the backyard. He was in a kennel with cement along with his feces on the ground next to him. We had to save him. Now he is scared of flies, fire-crackers, and lightning because of his continuous nights outside. We still love him dearly and he is often spoiled rotten!!

Sorry for Astra and Prince's biography being so long. They had an interesting way of finding us;)

Well that is a little about me.

Ginger's Mom
03-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi Monica, I really enjoyed reading the stories of how you got your dogs. I always enjoy seeing them and it is nice to learn how the family came together. Prince was very lucky your family found him and gave him a good home. I did not know that Molly was your birthday present. :) It was good to learn more about them, and along the way a little bit about you.

Laura's Babies
03-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Yes, these companions do have a way of finding US! I loved your stories and I have to say, you wrote nice ones for a 13 year old. You must do great in school!

Welcome to Pet Talk and hope you hang around with us awhile. I am Laura, I hang out mostly in the Cat General section since I adore CATS! ♥♥♥ I live for my 4 companions you see in my siggy.

dogzr#1
03-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Thank you for your replies:) I never regret getting any of my dogs. I love them so much! I really love to write, and my mom is a language teacher so I do fairly well in the writing/grammer department. I would love to get a cat, but we read that huskies aren't the best dog of choice with a cat. Astra goes crazy when she sees the neighbor's calico cat. Thank you for the warm welcome:)

Kfamr
03-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Monica, You've always surprised me with your age. You're so very mature and intelligent for a 13 year old. You should be very proud of yourself!

zoomer
03-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Hello Monica, my name is Makayla and I have 3 dogs. I have two white Boxers, Alaska and Georgia, and a brindle ACD/Pit Bull. You can see them in my signature.

dogzr#1
03-19-2006, 11:23 AM
*blushes* thank you:)

Lori Jordan
03-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Welcome