PDA

View Full Version : Precious Moments to share

Laura's Babies
03-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Today, Amy came got in my lap again as she has been doing several times a day. In rubbing her, all this fur is flying so I told her "We got to get that shedding tool and give you a good shed job!" So I laid her on the pallet I have on the floor for her and went to work. I worked for about 30 minutes while she purred at Meowmie talking to her as I ran the tool over her. She enjoyed it so much, the attention and the way it felt, and so did I. I swear, every day we just get closer and closer and I just seem to fall deeper and deeper in love with her if that is possiable. It was just such a sweet time. Here are a few pictures I managed to get of our precious moments as they were ending this session. I put the fur in a zip lock bag and am going to keep it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2045.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2048.jpg

Donnaj4962
03-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Awwww, how sweet! Sounds like both of you enjoyed the time spent together! (We call that "kitty/Meowmie time" at our house!) And WOW :eek: look at all that hair! She did need a haircut! :D

AlleyCat
03-16-2006, 02:26 PM
oh that's just so sweet. we all know how much you love Amy, we love her too! :)

catnapper
03-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Awwww... that is too sweet! You can keep and save the fur, and there are people who can spin it into a yarn and then you can knit a sweater or blanket made out of her fur! I've often thought of doing that. I think you need quite a bit of fur, but with shedding season coming up, you'll get a jump start! :D

orangemm
03-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Aww, how sweet...a Meowmie and "daughter" lovely time together. Our guys love to be brushed, too. I am amazed at the fur you got off of her! I may have to get that tool, too.

Glad you both enjoyed your time together!!

Laura's Babies
03-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Shedding season is here in the south! BIG TIME! I need to get Chester next if he will be as willing as Amy was.

Samantha however doesn't shed and never has... what is the deal with that? I mean, she sheds very little compared to Amy and Chester, you pet them and fur is everywhere... Can pet Samantha all day and hardly get any fur anywhere.

That shedding tool is to date, the best thing I have found on the market for getting out that fur, it workd WONDERFUL and the kitties love it.

Edwina's Secretary
03-16-2006, 03:04 PM
That shedding tool is to date, the best thing I have found on the market for getting out that fur, it workd WONDERFUL and the kitties love it.

It is wonderful but I must note......MOST Kitties love it.

I struggle to convince the E's of the importance of a good hair cut!

catnapper
03-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Is Samantha very silky? Is her hair smooth and sleek? Abby's is like that, and I could sit all day brushing her and get nothing to show for it. One pass over Harry's coat and I'm swimming in a cloud of orange and white hairs.

Lizzie
03-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Doesn't it seem to be the case for others, as for me, that the cat who most enjoys being combed is the one who needs it the least. I don't mean because they are groomed more often, but they just don't shed. I had a white shorthair, Simka, who begged to be groomed but barely lost any fur. Ted fights being groomed and I get wads of fur from him every time. The worst shedder is NewCat, the Siamese, who sends clouds of fur fibre into the air every time I touch her. That tool does look good. I think I've seen it at PetsMart and should get one next time I'm there (instead of going in and looking at cats I can't take!)

jenluckenbach
03-16-2006, 03:52 PM
I put the fur in a zip lock bag and am going to keep it.

LES (such a sweet remembrance) :)

BC_MoM
03-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Oh my.. that's a lot of hair! :eek:

She looks even more beatiful now! :D

PS - What does LES stand for?

Laura's Babies
03-16-2006, 04:17 PM
LES=Leaky eye syndrome.. (something we all have here a lot!)

Kim, yes, Samantha's fur is silky and sleek... so soft and silky feeling.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
03-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Laura, What is the name of that shedding tool you used on Amy? I could sure use something like that on Abby.
Amy ...you look just Fabulous I might add :)

QueenScoopalot
03-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Awwww!!! Sweet girl Amy...you look positively beautiful (but you always have)! :) Love Amy's expression in the 2nd picture..she looks annoyed that another 'cat' has invaded her territory lol! That's quite a bit of fur. :eek:

momcat
03-16-2006, 05:45 PM
That is so sweet! Amy is adorable and looks great after her special bonding time with Meowmie. Don't know why but Groucho will not tolerate being brushed, even for Inka. Every morning he sits in the bathroom with me while I get ready for work and once in awhile likes it when I use my comb on his back. But his own brush and comb? No way!

catmandu
03-16-2006, 05:54 PM
That Shredding Brush is a wonder.
You have enough Fur to make a whole brand new Kitten.
And you had a Great Time brushing her,and bonding with her.

Laura's Babies
03-16-2006, 06:40 PM
A&B Mom, it is simply called a shedding tool, got it at Pet Smart and they have larger ones for dogs in the doggie section. I think it was something like $7 to $8.

prechrswife
03-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Samantha sounds a lot like Saphirah. Evidently those two not only look alike, but they also have the same texture to their fur. Ironically, our worst shedder is Chloe, not longhaired Samson.

Catty1
03-16-2006, 09:29 PM
It's round - but it doesn't go AROUND their bodies, does it????

kimlovescats
03-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Oh Laura, I could just see you sitting there in the floor with your girl Amy! What a sweet, sweet picture!!! I know you love that little girl, and she loves her mommy too!

((((((hugs)))))))
Kim :)

Laura's Babies
03-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Catty, see the size of it in the first picture. No, it does not go around their body, you use it like a comb, a circular comb, only it does a lot better job than a comb or any brush I have tried so far.

Catty1
03-16-2006, 11:40 PM
I figured that...but the first time I ever saw one, it was a LOOP...and I thought "That thing must be really hard to use. I guess once through and it gets everything, though, so it's worth it!"

DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM :rolleyes:

rg_girlca
03-17-2006, 04:13 PM
AWWWWW Amy, you are such a sweetheart.

Laura, I have one of those also and I can't get over that Amy allowed you to brush her for 30 minutes. That is fabulous. After about 10 minutes my guys will let me know that they have had enough.

I also can't get over all that fur. My worse shedders are Chipper & Poppy.

lvpets2002
03-17-2006, 04:15 PM
;) ;) Awee how so sweet && the look is like meowmie is that all of my hair over there.. How so adorable..

Felix
03-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Wish my Felix was as genlte to brush,its like war when it comes to brushing him,he bites and scratches.I have to wear gloves.He hates it that much.He has been shedding Alot and this tool looks like it works well.How exactly does it work?Do you brush the same way you would with a comb/brush?

Amy is precious :D

rosethecopycat
03-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Isn't that tool originally for horse grooming? They make them really huge too!

I had one, don't know what happened to it, but Mr. Jones would bite it while I brushed him. :eek: I couldn't stand the clanking of teeth on the metal, so I bought a Zoom Groom.