PDA

View Full Version : Cat Gives Birth to Mouse-like Kitten

ramanth
03-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Video included with the article:

http://www.cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_072154828.html

Cat Gives Birth To Mouse-Like Kitten?

(CBS4 News) TUNISIA A cat in Tunisia has given birth to something strange.

According to the owner of the cat, the litter included 5 regular kittens, and one that more resembles a mouse.

The owner says the nose, mouth and ears look like that of a mouse, but the rest of the body is that of a cat.

The mother cat doesn't seem to notice or mind. She's nursing and taking care of it, just like the kittens.

catmandu
03-16-2006, 12:05 PM
I dont think a cat can give birth to a Mouse,its probably a Kitten whose features have not fully formed as yet.

catnapper
03-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Wow, that IS a mouse, but surely she adopted it along the way!

My grandmom's dog nursed a lost kitten - she even produced milk and she was spayed for years before the kitten found its way to her.

Husky_mom
03-16-2006, 12:20 PM
the most logical thing is that he was adopted by the momma cat, unless.......unless they actually see him come out from her which i dont think.....
thats looks like a kangaroo mouse or some species of mouse like that
i tried getting a pic but cant find one sorry :p

Jessika
03-16-2006, 12:22 PM
YEs I don't believe she gave birth to it but rather adopted it in with her litter. It is MUCH too small to even be a runt!

ramanth
03-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I'm leaning towards the adoption thing as well unless they have proof she gave birth to it.

Still pretty amazing that she's taking care of it like a regular kitten. Such an odd family!

QueenScoopalot
03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
It's pretty obvious it's a rodent she took on as her own. And seeing as she's outside too.....maybe she brought it back with intentions of eating it, but maternal instincts took over. ;)

Laura's Babies
03-16-2006, 01:50 PM
I had already made up my mind before I read what everybody else thought... She just adopted a mouse!

buttercup132
03-16-2006, 01:57 PM
It looks exactly like a baby degu it most definalty dosent have the body of a kitten....Maybe it was in the same place the mother was when she had her babies and the mother though it was her own and took it with her. But it isnt a kitten...how dumb are these people...

http://petstoreabuse.tripod.com/petit1.jpg
That looks like that......

AlleyCat
03-16-2006, 02:28 PM
without a doubt that's a mouse .. what I don't get is why that would actually be reported on the news (you would think the news would know better) ... :rolleyes: still cute kittens, anyway !! :)

Catsnclay
03-16-2006, 03:33 PM
But it isnt a kitten...how dumb are these people...

Got them in the news, didn't it??!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Some people do anything to get their fifteen minutes...........

k9krazee
03-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Its ADORABLE!!! :D :D I agree with you alls ;)

BC_MoM
03-16-2006, 04:08 PM
I agree with everyone. That just isn't possible. That's like.. a bird giving birth to a worm. Horse doodoo! :D:p