PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Royal Canin food Recall!

catnapper
03-16-2006, 11:54 AM
I just found out this morning that Royal Canin has recalled a lot of its presctiption diets. Two sources say this:

The company that makes Royal Canin dog and cat foods has voluntarily recalled several batches of food because they contain elevated levels of Vitamin D3. The foods are only available for purchase at veterinary clinics, so distribution is limited. The foods that have been recalled are: Canine Low Fat LF canned (best before 06/2007), Canine Calorie Control CC in gel canned (best before 4/2007 and 7/2007), Canine Urinary SO in gel canned (best before 3/2007, 5/2007 and 6/2007) and Feline Sensitivity VR canned (best before 5/2007). For more information, or if you have any of the recalled food, call the company at 1-800-592-6687.

Urgent*****ROYAL CANIN RECALLED TWO ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS...
INGREDIENT ERROR ADDITION OF VITAMIN D which affected two feline therapies.

Special Interest to any and all CRF kitties

Feline Renal LP Pouch
(affected "best before" dates: June 2007 and earlier)
Recall announced March 3, 2006

Feline Calorie Control CC in gel canned
(affected "best before" dates: Nov 2006, Dec 2006, April 2007)

Plus 6 others previously announced.

Stop feeding the food immediately.

Concerns call 1.800.925.8426

Concerns call your medical advisor. Can cause hypercalcemia in cats:

PU/PD
Lethargy
Vomiting Diarrhea.

MAY INCREASE CALCUIM AND PHOSPHORUS LEVELS IN BLOOD

SOMEONE PLEASE POST IN ANY AND ALL CAT AND DOG SITES. IF SOMEONE IS IN CRF SITE AND NOT ALREADY POSTED PLEASE POST....

Contact where you purchased the food, your vet. Notice says if blood levels
Ca levels above 14.1 mg/dl with or without medical signs may require special
treatment.

URGENT PLEASE FORWARD TO ANYONE YOU KNOW....

catmandu
03-16-2006, 12:04 PM
I dont buy Royal Canin that much,because its fairly pricey,but thats a Shock,that that Good of a Cat Food Company can make such that Mistake.
Royal Canin has such a Good Reputation.

Jessika
03-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Oh I was so scared for a minute because Double-Oh is eating a bag of Royal Canin that a RC rep bought for us, but its prescription only so that is a sigh of relief from me!!

kb2yjx
03-16-2006, 01:08 PM
Yes, you are right!!! I got a call from our vet. She thought Molly was eating the Renal pouches. But, Molly eats the RC Renal LP dry!!! Good sharing of information!!!

krazyaboutkatz
03-17-2006, 01:00 AM
Kim, Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard about this. :eek: I'm currently feeding all of my cats the Royal Canin S/O food in both dry and wet. I didn't see this one listed though. I'm going to call my vets office tomorrow and possibly the company. This is scary.

krazyaboutkatz
03-17-2006, 11:42 AM
I called Royal Canin this morning and the Feline Uriniaray S/O formula hasn't been recalled. Whew! What a relief! :)