PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear, look what I found...

zippy-kat
04-22-2002, 09:12 PM
and he's in a Las Cruces Rescue shelter...

http://www.zianet.com/safehaven/IMAGE024.JPG

Fuzzy317
04-22-2002, 09:15 PM
He is a very good looking cat, and by the fence behind him, he looks of good size too.

LoudLou
04-22-2002, 09:29 PM
Tonya,
Can he come live with you yet? He looks BIG. BBC= Big Beautiful Cat! Think he and Miz Sophie would have fun together?;)

zippy-kat
04-22-2002, 09:35 PM
I want him! I want him! I want him!
Did I mention I want him? ;)

Miz Sophie sez, "no mommaz. iffin' we get one it hasta bez a kittenz soz I kin teach him who's bozz." (aka terrorize him like she does our boxer dawg :rolleyes: lol)

He looks HUGGGGEEEE....all the more to cuddle!

AmberLee
04-23-2002, 12:12 AM
He looks adorable. Have you heard yet if you've gotten the other apartment so that you can have a cat? Or is it still pending?

zippy-kat
04-23-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee
He looks adorable. Have you heard yet if you've gotten the other apartment so that you can have a cat? Or is it still pending?

The other apartment depends on whether or not I got the job and I won't know about that until next week (and I'm on pins and needles). But even then, my lease on this one isn't up until the first of June soooo....

UGH! Can't wait....can't wait....
Maybe I should just go *peek* at this guy...

lynnestankard
04-23-2002, 02:48 AM
[i]
....Maybe I should just go *peek* at this guy... [/B]

Well perhaps a TINY peek wouldn't hurt.

LOL TONYA

Lynne

toughCookie
04-23-2002, 04:48 AM
he's so cute! I want to bring him home...like I need another cat right now, LOL. but he is very handsome, I would love to adopt him:)

zippy-kat
04-23-2002, 08:23 AM
lol Lynne

What can I say? I'm smitten!!!

But can ya blame me? Just look at those WHITE whiskers and toes!!

I hid Miz Sophie for a yr and a half (til I found an apt that would let me keep her) ...how hard could it be to hide a cat for a little over a month?

*sigh*
I've got to stop scheming. I can not have a cat ...yet.
I've got to stop scheming. I can not have a cat ...yet.
I've got to stop scheming. I can not have a cat ...yet (or can I?) :p :rolleyes:

lynnestankard
04-23-2002, 09:35 AM
Don't blame you one bit Tonya - he is beeeautifull!!! :) :)

You can have a cat
You can have a cat
You can have a cat
You can have..................soooooooooon!

Lynne

Gio
04-23-2002, 10:57 AM
What a beauty! I can understand you're tempted. I suppose you could hide him for just over a month depending on how loud his voice is! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Oh, he's adorable!!! I wouldn't want to be an instigator, but if you do go take a peek at him, maybe, just maybe they could hold him for you and you could go visit instead of having to worry.....but then again, if you move, what are they going to do to you - kick you out?

Ooops, sorry for indulging the schemer in you. :)

sirocco
04-23-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Gio
What a beauty! I can understand you're tempted. I suppose you could hide him for just over a month depending on how loud his voice is! :D

... and if his voice is that loud, just ... TURN THE RADIO ON!!!

Oh, I can't help saying this... I'd love you adopted that cat! I know it's not that easy, but I had to tell.

Anyway, no matter what you decide... you know you have all PetTalk support!

Nita

Logan
04-23-2002, 11:59 AM
This is becoming a familiar saying among Pet Talk fans........

You can have a cat
You can have a cat
You NEED this cat
Go get this cat..........

Sound familiar Zippy Kat?????? :rolleyes:

Remember......Willy/Milly, who is definitely Milly now, lives with me.....two weeks tomorrow.....

hint, hint......what Pet Talker put the most pressure on me???? Huh????? :D :D :D

I'm glad you did. She is worth it. Bird saga to come sometime soon. :)

Edwina's Secretary
04-23-2002, 12:29 PM
Whoa!!! Did I miss something here (well obviously!!!) Who is Willy/Milly now just Milly????

Better do some research....

And Zippy-kat...what job? Is there something your resume counselor should know????

I go away for a few days and....

yes, of course...get the cat!

Logan
04-23-2002, 04:44 PM
LOL!!! Sara, Zippy Kat did her best to talk me into taking in Willy....who turns out to be Milly, a second Cockatiel!!! :D It worked, with a "little help from my friends". Milly is here forever. :)

zippy-kat
04-23-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Whoa!!! Did I miss something here (well obviously!!!) Who is Willy/Milly now just Milly????

And Zippy-kat...what job? Is there something your resume counselor should know????

yes, of course...get the cat!

LOL you guys are all so funny! ;)

Yes Miz Logan...those words sound wayyyy tooo familiar. lol (And I was sitting at work all day thinking of names...sound vaguely familiar of your church "incident"? lol)

One thing I am VERY concerned about is how an 'older' cat would get along with the Sophmiester. If I got a kitten, he'd grow up knowing she's queen of the house. (Yes, I'd still be EXTREMELY careful with the two of them together, but I'd worry less if I could introduce him to Sophie as a kitten rather than a full grown cat.)

Miz Sara, I don't wanna say too much and *jinx* myself but I interviewed with NASA for a tech. editing position...won't know whether or not I got the job until next week. That's all I really wanna say (publically) at this point but feel free to email me with questions, suggestions, etc.

I am veryyy stressed out--I have soo much riding on "THE" call next wk...whether I stay or go, old apartment or new, ---I could just scream! lol Then I have the "wonderful" college disease called "finals week" coming up...

stress, Stress, STRESS!!

The kitty is in a no-kill sanctuary (THANK GOD!)-- if the response from the interviewer is positive, the sanctuary will be my first call...If it's meant to be, he'll be waiting for me; if not, there's someone else who needs me...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-23-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
The kitty is in a no-kill sanctuary (THANK GOD!)-- if the response from the interviewer is positive, the sanctuary will be my first call...If it's meant to be, he'll be waiting for me; if not, there's someone else who needs me...

I've always said that things work out for the best, even if we can't see it at the time, and you're "If it's meant to be...." falls right in with that. If you really have to force something, maybe you should just let go and see how everything falls into place, maybe it wasn't meant to be. But if everything just seems to come easy and fall into place, then you should go with it and it's evidently meant to be.

First of all you had the interview which must have gone good otherwise you wouldn't have such positive feelings about it, and next you find this big boy, so all you can do is wait on THE phone call. And if turns out it's not what you're hoping then, yes, there is someone else out there meant for this guy, and you are meant for another.

Sorry if this is rather philisophical (sp?) but I guess it's getting late and I should go home.

Good luck! We've all got fingers, toes and paws crossed for you! :)

yorkster
04-23-2002, 06:02 PM
Awwww, so hope you can get this beautiful boy! :)
Good luck with the job, the apt. and of course the cat!!!

thelmalu99
04-23-2002, 07:16 PM
Hi Tonya!
What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL kitty! I hope you do decide to adopt him!
As you probably know, I have a pet Turtle, Yertle, who has been with me for almost eleven years. He doesn't have a tank; he just roams the apartment as he pleases.
When I got my kitties, I was very concerned for Yertle, as a kitty can do a lot of damage to a turtle! :eek: Elvis was about
2 - 2 1/2 years old and Danny was 6mos - 1year when I adopted them. I expalined to the lady at the shelter that I would only be bringing one or both of the cats back if they posed a threat to my dear, sweet Yertle, although I had not had a problem at all with Charlie, my previous kitty (Charlie was 6mos when I adopted him). The idea of taking a kitty back to the shelter was devastating, but I had to be realistic and honest with myself and the people at the shelter.
I kept Yertle in the other room while I gave the kitties a few days to get used to their new home. After several days, I began bringing Yertle out every night when I got home from work and letting them have some supervised time together. In the very beginning, though, I always held Yertle close to my chest, sat on the floor and talked soothingly to all three of them. I wanted the kitties to get the idea that I loved Yertle and that all of us had to love Yertle. I also wanted Yertle to feel safe. I had done this with Charlie and it worked nicely.
Anyway, I only began to allow Yertle out of the room during the day when I wasn't around when I felt that the curiosity had died down. The kitties were no longer sitting around staring at Yertle and Yertle seemed comfortable around them.
Now, everything is fine and the three of them cohabitate peacefully.
I realize that a bunny is much different from a turtle, but I think that, as long as you take the time (and I know that you will! :) ) to introduce them slowly and give them time to feel comfortable with each other, they will be fine!
One thing I would say is, if you do decide to take this kitty or another "older" kitty, try to find out from the shelter how he interacts with other animals. I am sure that you know this, since I know that you have had cats before, but this is really the key.
We wish you the best of luck, and please let us know what happens! :D :D

gini
04-23-2002, 09:57 PM
Oh Tonya, he looks pretty wonderful to me.

yorkster
04-23-2002, 10:45 PM
Thelma- I want a turtle now! :)

thelmalu99
04-23-2002, 11:03 PM
Yorkster - get one!! Turtles are beautiful and wonderful creatures! :) :) :)

zippy-kat
04-23-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by thelmalu99

I dunno guys...Sophie is my first priority and an older kitty...? I dunno...as it is, I'm kinda puttin' the cart before the horse (or the litterbox before the cat lol) gotta wait until next wk.... just gotta take it one day at a time. I'd love to have him but something kinda tells me he won't be there...which is GOOD--means he found his "furever" home.

Thelma...you let Yertle roam the house? Is he litterbox trained? How do you deal w/ the 'bathroom' issue? lol And I can't get over the fact Yertle lets you hold him without PEEING on you! lol Every turtle I pick up pees EVERYWHERE (and usually it's all over me! lol) :rolleyes:

purrley
04-24-2002, 07:04 AM
That's one hunka gorgeous cat Zippy. You're right he won't last long so better hurry;) ;) and Logan, looks like we can look forward to zippidy doo dah in surround sound after all:D :D ;) or are you planning on spaying Milly:D :D :D

Pam
04-24-2002, 07:12 AM
Purrley your earning morning notes are a riot! I always check to read your posts before work because they put me in a good mood!!!

Logan
04-24-2002, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by thelmalu99

Thelma, when I read what you wrote yesterday, about introducing Yertle to Elvis and Danny, I almost cried. The thought of you sitting on the floor, hugging Yertle close to you, while they checked him out, was unbelievable!!!

Last Friday morning, I drove a rescued Golden Retriever over to a vet's office in a nearby town. It was on of those clinics that treats all kinds of animals, and walking around behind the counter was a turtle! I thought of you immediately!!! I can't remember his name, but it was something special to see, and made me better understand what it is like for you, having Yertle walking around! :)

Logan
04-24-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by purrley
That's one hunka gorgeous cat Zippy. You're right he won't last long so better hurry;) ;) and Logan, looks like we can look forward to zippidy doo dah in surround sound after all:D :D ;) or are you planning on spaying Milly:D :D :D

Can you spay a bird?? LOL!! If it would make her friendlier, I would do it! She is sweet, but so scared of me. She does love her outings in the morning with Roger, for sure, but they do not live in the same cage, and we do not plan on having any baby Cockatiels. Stereo will just have to do!!! Hand raising baby birds is probably more work than even raising a litter of puppies or kittens because you really have to hand feed them, and quite often, to make them tame. I purposely didn't breed my dogs so I don't think I'll be bringing any baby Cockatiels into this world either!! :D

Roger just sings his little heart out to Milly, who squawks in return. :)

purrley
04-24-2002, 07:22 AM
Sounds like Roger is in love;) Logan, maybe you should look into Birdie Birth Control:D :D ;) . Sounds like your home is so full of love and music - so wonderful, Logan;)

sasvermont
04-24-2002, 07:34 AM
Zippy kat,

I have been volunteering at a local shelter and found an oh so sweet kitty named Junie. He spent a week or two at the shelter and was finally adopted two days ago. I was so happy that he found a home. I was thinking......well, one more kitty at my home would be ok. I passed on the adoption, and was going to reconsider each time I went to the shelter. He was such a cool cat that I was sure someone would snag him, and sure enough, someone did. I am not sure if I was being greedy by wanting such a pretty and sweet kitty or if I was just feeling very sorry for him. There were and are other cats there.....he was special.....but now he is in a new home.....

SAS and her two brats
:)

zippy-kat
04-24-2002, 08:26 AM
I sent the picture link to my mom, her reply:

He is a very pretty cat and BIG! He probably wishes you had him also!

Thanks Mom, that didn't help 'quench' the fire. lol

tuxluvr
04-24-2002, 09:38 AM
Ritzy sez dat's one handsum kittyman! You go, Zippy, get that Ritzy lookalike guy....!

sirocco
04-24-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
I sent the picture link to my mom, her reply:

He is a very pretty cat and BIG! He probably wishes you had him also!

Thanks Mom, that didn't help 'quench' the fire. lol

My mommy says:
"Mommy is always right, dear"

LOL :D

Nita

Former User
04-24-2002, 04:00 PM
Good luck, with everything, keeping fingers and paws crossed here for the job, and then for the appartment, and then...FOR THE CAT!!! :)