PDA

View Full Version : Brewers Yeast

LuvGold00
03-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Does anyone here supplement with Brewers Yeast? Notice any results, good or bad? Thinking about adding it to my gangs diet.

Thanks!

Giselle
03-15-2006, 11:37 PM
The use of Brewer's Yeast is pretty controversial. I stand on the con- side as I don't see many benefits that cannot be accomplished through other food products.

LuvGold00
03-16-2006, 06:47 AM
I've been told by a few "dog" friends that Brewers Yeast helps repel fleas, and with 5+ dogs,the boarding and grooming, and some dogs going away for shows with handlers I usually have to do monthy flea meds, which I don't care for putting on my dogs so regularly. So I'm willing to try other alternatives.

gemini9961
03-16-2006, 09:39 AM
I am interested in this too for the flea part.

.sarah
03-16-2006, 09:50 AM
I don't use Brewers Yeast, but I use garlic and so far it has worked great! It is also a flea repellant.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Brewer's Yeast & Garlic tabs help repel fleas. I don't know if Brewer's Yeast alone does though? Garlic is an awesome, natural flea repellent.

Giselle
03-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Honestly, I doubt that the use of brewer's yeast helps repel fleas. I could imagine why fleas would not like the blood of an animal that has consumed garlic, but I'd be curious to see research on how well Brewer's Yeast repels fleas. I stopped using topical flea medications years ago, but I do include a bit of garlic powder every now and then. That, plus the fact that our enviornment is very low risk, helps keep my dogs flea-free. With so many dogs coming and going, however, I think you shouldn't completely throw away the flea meds just yet. The risk is just too high :/

LuvGold00
03-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Brewer's Yeast & Garlic tabs help repel fleas. I don't know if Brewer's Yeast alone does though? Garlic is an awesome, natural flea repellent.

I'm not sure either, the tabs I have are Brewers Yeast w/ Garlic. I think I'll try it on a few of the dogs, see if I notice a difference. :)