PDA

View Full Version : My 2 sickest cats together : (

catfamily
03-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Here is BooBoo 17 years old with Winston snuggling.BooBoo is being put down VERY soon.He's not doing good.And Winston has an enlarged heart and I notice he's getting VERY tired and weak from it.BooBoo never lets anyone snuggle with him.Me and Mike had tears today seeing them together like this.It's almost like they both know that they aren't healthy anymore.Poor guys.Especially Winston.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%203/catfamily%204/3-15-06booboowinston.jpg

Felix
03-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Im so sorry to hear this,one way to look at it is at least they have one another for comfort.That is a sweet picture.

Laura's Babies
03-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Hope you don't mind, I lightened it a little so I could see them better. I hate to hear Winston is getting worse and it is breaking my heart, yep, I got the old LES. It is just so touching that they are comforting each other like they know........
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/3-15-06booboowinston.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-15-2006, 12:50 PM
What a special picture....! I bet you will cherish it forever ...

slick
03-15-2006, 01:15 PM
LES.....big time! :( :(

jazzcat
03-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Oh Carla, that is such a sweet picture but the story just breaks my heart.

((((HUGS))))

Cataholic
03-15-2006, 01:42 PM
So sorry to read this. May their time left, however short it may be, be filled with such precious moments like this.

Catty1
03-15-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm so sorry...Winston looks like he could be Oscar in the future...sweet, gentle babies.

I am sorry nothing can be done - but their comfort in each other...like a couple of old friends in rockers on the porch!

Is there anything particularly wrong with Boo? Or is he just wearing out with age?

HUGS to you all.

Catty1

Kirsten
03-15-2006, 01:48 PM
This is so sad! :( What a heartbreaking picture!

Kirsten

catnapper
03-15-2006, 01:56 PM
(((hugs)))) So sweet and sad at the same time. I'll say my prayers for these two boys.

lvpets2002
03-15-2006, 02:00 PM
:( This is so sad & heartbreaken.. May this be the cherished serenity picture of them in your heart & you in there hearts.. God Bless

kimlovescats
03-15-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm so sorry that the end seems inevitable for these two precious babies. What a beautiful picture of them ... I pray their passing is much at ease like this picture!

Hugs,
Kim

rg_girlca
03-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Major LES here. How my heart is breaking for you and Mike.

That picture is just PRICELESS!!!

Prayers for these two boys and ((((((HUGS)))))) Carla & Mike.

catfamily
03-15-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm so sorry...Winston looks like he could be Oscar in the future...sweet, gentle babies.

I am sorry nothing can be done - but their comfort in each other...like a couple of old friends in rockers on the porch!

Is there anything particularly wrong with Boo? Or is he just wearing out with age?

HUGS to you all.

Catty1
BooBoo has severe liver damage which I've been treating for years.Plus now his legs are just giving out.I carry him to the litterbox every 4 hours.And he's getting depressed...I can tell.I've had him since 6 weeks old.I would too if I was in terrible pain walking.His legs are VERY bad.Plus he's losing his mind a bit.That doesn't bother me though.We ALL are ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-15-2006, 02:29 PM
What a precious, precious picture, Carla, but so sad. :(

I know Booboo has lived a good long life, but Winston is so young! :(

When Tubby was sick he seemed to hang out in one spot in the living room. Then when Peanut was sick after her surgery, she hung out in the exact same spot - which she had never laid in before! Barbara said it must be because that is the feng shui (sp?) spot for sick kitties in my house. So maybe, somehow, these two know they need each other for comfort, or maybe Winston is just fine and because of his own ailment, he can sense that Booboo is ailing, and he can relate, so he's there just to comfort Booboo. Either way, soft sweet smoochies to both of them and {{{hugs}}} to you. :(

Donnaj4962
03-15-2006, 02:36 PM
LES here. How sweet they look laying there together! I know you will cherish that picture forever. It is so sweet to know that they are conforting one another in their pain. I know your heart is breaking, but take comfort in knowing that they will be together once again.

lv4dogs
03-15-2006, 02:37 PM
The picture is absolutely beautiful, with such a sad sad story. My heart goes out to you & sick babies. hugs, yous will be in our prayers.

orangemm
03-15-2006, 03:05 PM
I have never seen a more heartbreaking picture. Those dear, sweet babies must know...animals have a sense that we don't fully share.

Most of us here can relate to your pain and sadness. I just pray for both of them that it is peaceful. We are here for you. Please don't forget that.

(((((hugs))))) to all of you.

catmandu
03-15-2006, 06:02 PM
The Pet Angels Know That Toronto Would Be Sadly Far Too Stressful For Winston And Boo.
So They Are Arranging For Kitty Bags To Be Flown To Them And Smokey Angel The Eldest Found Cat Will Tell Them What They Are Missing.
Smokey Who Was Nearly 23 When He Passed On , Had A Few Scares At 20 And 21 But He Was Tough.
I Pray For Boo And Winston,nad Its Nice To See That They Have Found A Cherished Friend In Each Other.

jenluckenbach
03-15-2006, 06:22 PM
What can I say that the others have not? What a precious moment for 2 cats who understand just how fleeting life really is. :( :( LES

ratchet22
03-16-2006, 11:16 AM
I hate that part of life when it comes, these 2 are so sweet, and I am
glad they have you, they are very special kitties, your story is so sad.

carrie

Lizzie
03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
It is sad, and it does bring tears to my eyes, but when I look at the picture I also think how fortunate they are to be surrounded by comfort in their illness. It makes me think of the many sentient beings, humans as well as animals, who are just as ill but are not surrounded by warmth, love, care, and softness. Years ago, I talked to a doctor friend about the loss of an 8-month old cat, a foster, who had just died of feline leukemia, describing the daily emergency vet trips and his last hours. When I'd finished, he simply said he wished all humans could die surrounded by so much love and care because he'd seen many who did not.

ratchet22
03-16-2006, 01:35 PM
now Im in full tears...... :(
i lost my 8 month old christmas day to feline leukimia
whaaaaaaaaa........and yes your right, I loved her sooooo
much, we all did, I am just thankful I got to save her and give her the
love I did in her short time, And as you said ALL my animals
are loved and crossed the rainbow bridge with LOTS OF LOVE! :)

here is a link to see her and her brother a male calico, this was the day I got them, and came here and posted them for all to see. She passed christmas day, and it about killed me :(

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=81169&highlight=male+calico

thanks

carrie

QueenScoopalot
03-16-2006, 01:37 PM
What a precious but sad picture Carla. Is Boo Boo on anything like Cosequin to help his stiffness? I know dear Winston is on meds for his heart, and can only pray along with everyone else here that he stays with you longer Carla. I try to see the flip side of things, and it's easier to accept the inevitable end, when it could have been so much shorter if he was still in Louisiana. Both he and Benson have lived much longer and happier lives since you and Mike took them into your home and hearts. ;)

Laura's Babies
03-22-2006, 06:31 PM
In case you haven't guessed by now, Boo Boo has gone to join Winston at Rainbow Bridge. I am so sorry for the loss of your two babies, one yesterday, one today......... ((((HUGS))))) for you and Mike, I know your hearts are breaking.

K & L
03-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Sorry to read this Carla. It's nice to know they have each other for comfort and understanding.

RedHedd
03-22-2006, 06:50 PM
:( That's so sad. Hugs going out across the way. Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, Boo Boo and Winston and say hi to my Goldie.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-22-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm so sorry that Booboo had to go too. At least he and Winston are together again. :(

QueenScoopalot
03-22-2006, 08:14 PM
LES here too. :( Laura your tribute siggy for Winston & Boo Boo is so beautiful and touching. Carla I'm glad they both knew lots of love and kindness with you & Mike, and they are no longer in any discomfort. A dear friend of mine has always said "it's not the quantity, but the quality" and it's so true. Although Winston was only a youngster, his life was much longer and filled with happiness,than it would have been if he was left in Louisiana. ;) HUGS to you both and I'm sorry. :(

orangemm
03-23-2006, 05:04 AM
There's nothing else to say but "I'm so sorry and sad" to hear about dear Winston and BooBoo.

that picture said it all. :(