PDA

View Full Version : Canon PowershotA430

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Ok I think this is the camera I want! It's only $179.99, it has super macro, and from the preview snapshots it looks pretty awesome :D. The only problem is I'm having trouble finding a review with its faults. If anybody could help on that it would be much appreciated. Oh, and if you have any experience with the camera, that would be nice, too! :D

lvpets2002
03-15-2006, 11:15 AM
:) I have a friend here at work that has one & he loves it & says it does great with pictures.. Good Luck

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks :D Too bad I have to wait till July to get it...:rolleyes: I plan ahead too early!

lvpets2002
03-15-2006, 11:29 AM
:) Hey it does not hurt a thing to plan ahead.. Maybe if more people would do that the world would be better..

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Maybe :):)

Jessika
03-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Honestly you can't go wrong with a powershot if you're just looking for a point-and-shoot camera. The only "faults" I think I've heard them have universally among the PowerShot series is that they weigh more than other cameras generally do so if you're looking for a pocket camera that may be a drawback, but I honestly think the quality and features make up for it ten fold!

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Honestly you can't go wrong with a powershot if you're just looking for a point-and-shoot camera. The only "faults" I think I've heard them have universally among the PowerShot series is that they weigh more than other cameras generally do so if you're looking for a pocket camera that may be a drawback, but I honestly think the quality and features make up for it ten fold!
Can't be any heavier than my current camera! It said this one weighs 5.2 ounces. :D
What I want in a camera is:Macro, a Decent Zoom, Clear, Clean pictures, and nice night shots.
On my current camera I have serious trouble with night shots.

Jessika
03-15-2006, 12:38 PM
I had trouble with night shots on my A300 (three years old) but only if I used the night flash. If I used the regular flash and turned exposure up, they took fine night shots.

I have not tested my new SD500 with night shots yet.

But I guess, if you're taking night shots not to use the night flash. I've found they always make the picture blurry, anyway.

EDIT: Also you never want a camera with digital zoom, ONLY optical zoom! Digital zoom is not even a zoom. All it does is blow up the picture and make it larger / pixellated. Optical zoom is the only true zoom and the only zoom you ever want to get.

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 12:40 PM
I had trouble with night shots on my A300 (three years old) but only if I used the night flash. If I used the regular flash and turned exposure up, they took fine night shots.

I have not tested my new SD500 with night shots yet.

But I guess, if you're taking night shots not to use the night flash. I've found they always make the picture blurry, anyway.

EDIT: Also you never want a camera with digital zoom, ONLY optical zoom! Digital zoom is not even a zoom. All it does is blow up the picture and make it larger / pixellated. Optical zoom is the only true zoom and the only zoom you ever want to get.
Ahhh..ok. How much was your SD500?

Jessika
03-15-2006, 01:15 PM
$400 plus tax.. I think after it was all said and done I paid about $475 ;)

I don't recommend it though for anyone just interested in a point and shoot camera. Higher MP just means bigger prints. If you are just going to be taking pictures to view or share online, or making 4x6 prints, a 4MP camera is the max of what you need. ANything higher and you really are wasting your own money on features you will never use.

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 02:51 PM
$400 plus tax.. I think after it was all said and done I paid about $475 ;)

I don't recommend it though for anyone just interested in a point and shoot camera. Higher MP just means bigger prints. If you are just going to be taking pictures to view or share online, or making 4x6 prints, a 4MP camera is the max of what you need. ANything higher and you really are wasting your own money on features you will never use.
Ahh...my mom won't pay that for a camera anyways :p. Yeah, I know megapixels means that, but I need to advance my photography :D. I will still probably get the A430.

Jessika
03-15-2006, 03:13 PM
The A430 would probably be perfect for you considering your situation and what you are looking for in a camera :)

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 03:23 PM
The A430 would probably be perfect for you considering your situation and what you are looking for in a camera :)
Yup! Now I can't wait till July! :D

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 09:39 PM
bump...?

Roxyluvsme13
03-16-2006, 03:40 PM
One More bump? :)

Anita Cholaine
03-16-2006, 03:45 PM
I can't wait till you get the camera!:D

Jessika
03-16-2006, 04:01 PM
I know this is probably OT but are you on spring break this week?

Roxyluvsme13
03-16-2006, 04:08 PM
I know this is probably OT but are you on spring break this week?
Yup! :D