PDA

View Full Version : My turn at Petsmart's adoption center

catnapper
03-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Ok guys, I am not in the market for another kitty, but if I were --- this guy would be coming home! His Petfinder bio doesn't even have his name or much info because nobody knew anything about him -- he just landed in a cage at Petsmart! :D

Shamrock (http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5941001&adTarget=&SessionID=4418472128f77ce8-app2&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=)

He's soooooo sweet, soooo handsome, and soooo playful. He let me trim his nails today..... after he kept bopping me on the head with his needle-like nails as I attempted to clean out the cage below him. :D :p

He went nuts with his little furry mousie and apparently is a serious niphead. He does have one bad habit: he bites --- HARD. :eek: but thats nothing I couldn't train out of him.... did I just say I could train it out of him... as in MY cat? :eek: Goodness, I hopes he finds a home in the next day of so because if I have ot love him as I clean his cage every day I'm not going to be able to part with him!

kuhio98
03-15-2006, 11:07 AM
MEEEEEEEEEEE-OWWWWWWWWWW! Look at that gorgeous tail! I hope he is adopted into a good home (hint hint) soon. :D

lvpets2002
03-15-2006, 11:07 AM
;) Oh my :eek: This baby is breathtaken adorable.. Awee whats a bite or two, like you said we can train out of that.. MMMMM do what your heart says..

kimlovescats
03-15-2006, 11:09 AM
WOWZA ... look at that TAIL!!!! :eek: Oh Kim, I would never be able to resist him either! But surely a "looker" like him will be snatched up in no time! ;)

catnapper
03-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Ok, you have to know how much I adore this boy -- I just updated his Petfinder info. Check it out and let me know if I shold edit it more. :)

Isn't he just darling? I think I need to run back to Petsmart and photograh him better!

Trust me, if it wasn't for Pouncer being sick right now, I might be awfully tempted to try him out here!

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2006, 11:48 AM
He sure is handsome and I'm sure he'll find his loving forever home soon. :) My Starr is also a nipper and sometimes bites me very hard but I love him any way. :)

Felix
03-15-2006, 11:55 AM
He is a sweetie! :) Hope he finds a furever home soon.

RedHedd
03-15-2006, 12:15 PM
AGH! A Mishi clone! Those big, love-bug orangie boys are irresistible! :)

Laura's Babies
03-15-2006, 12:30 PM
What a looker that boy IS! Yep, he won't be there long!

(are we EVER looking for another one when they find US?)

kuhio98
03-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Ok, you have to know how much I adore this boy -- I just updated his Petfinder info. Check it out and let me know if I shold edit it more. :)
How about using the term "love biter"? That's what we call my sister's cat (Molly). She loves to be petted but when she's had enough, she'll bite you.

catnapper
03-15-2006, 01:49 PM
How about using the term "love biter"? That's what we call my sister's cat (Molly). She loves to be petted but when she's had enough, she'll bite you.
Cute term! :) But he's not biting when he is tired of being petted. If you are petting him, he'll reach down and bite you in a playful manner (if you're rubbing his tummy) or turn around and bite you (if you're petting his back). Its not aggressive or mean, he just clamps down! :eek: I'm certain somebody encouraged it as a kitten because it was soooo cute. But then they probably got tired of it once he was full grown and the teethies hurt!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-15-2006, 02:24 PM
My thoughts when I read the title of this thread "Oh, oh, here comes another tabby!" :D

He is adorable and....well....maybe it's a good thing Pouncer is sick.... :confused: ;) :D

Donnaj4962
03-15-2006, 02:42 PM
What a cutie patootie! He is just adorable. I love the information you have provided on petfinder! I am sure he will be snatched soon.... even if it is by a certain Catnapper that we all know and love! :rolleyes:

By the way, my Sasha was a biter when she was a kitten, but sometimes her were mean! I would say to her, "Love bites only" and she would loosen the bite! Now she rarely (if ever) bites!

Keep us posted on Shamrock! He is a sweeetie!

orangemm
03-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Oh, what a love this orangie boy is! I hope he's snapped up right away; he might turn out to be a real mellow guy if he was in a loving home. ;)

catnapper
03-15-2006, 03:19 PM
My thoughts when I read the title of this thread "Oh, oh, here comes another tabby!" :D

He is adorable and....well....maybe it's a good thing Pouncer is sick.... :confused: ;) :D
Now, what on earth would lead you to think Shamrock could possibly have stripes? :o

Truth is, I haven't stopped thinking of him all day. I'm sitting here thinking of a way I might get hubby over to "help me clean the cages" which he's done on occasion - though he plays with the cats as I do the actual cleaning :rolleyes: Last time we were there he hinted he wanted to adopt the "black on black tabby" (aka a blackie) there

bluekat
03-15-2006, 04:24 PM
aww he is so cute! & he's gorgeous :D I love his name hehe. Hope he finds a good home soon ;)

catmandu
03-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Michael and Miquelito having been telling me that we do need another Orangie around here.
My God that Shamrock is one Handsome Cat with a Big Plumy Tail.
I do hope that that Big Fellow finds his Furr Ever Home for St Patricks Day.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-16-2006, 10:04 AM
What a gorgeous boy!!! Difficult to resist..... !! hey, don't wait to long to take your hubby there, or Shamrock might be gone!! ;)

K & L
03-16-2006, 01:53 PM
OK, here's the guy I would go get if I could:

http://www.aawl.org/adopt/Display.php?id=T00371000655

catnapper
03-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Oooo... I could use a little coconut in my diet! :D

How about a trade - you spare me from the temptation of Shamrock and I'll take Coconut to spare you! :p

Wait... that doesn't work either. So many cats, only so much we can do :o

buttercup132
03-16-2006, 02:00 PM
But he wants to come home with you! Look theres even room in your siggy for another kitty:p

orangemm
03-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Excellent point, Buttercup132! There is a conspicuously empty slot there! :D :D ;) ;)

I just peeked at Coconut....oh, my, what a gorgeous guy he is!!!