PDA

View Full Version : One last hurdle

Pawsitive Thinking
03-15-2006, 05:21 AM
At 11.30 tomorrow morning it will be a year since Dad's funeral. I plan to light a candle (probably a virtual one - burning down the office wouldn't be a fitting tribute!), play a bit of John Denver, say a little prayer and let him go.....I know he'll always be with me and would want me to move on and remember him with a smile.

I joined PT shortly after Dad died and have found a lot of comfort from you all during this difficult year - am convinced Dad had a hand in me finding you guys. So, once again thank you all :D You are the best!!

davidpizzica
03-15-2006, 05:36 AM
Denise, what a fitting remembrance for your father. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you on this day.

Daisy and Delilah
03-15-2006, 06:59 AM
We all know how difficult this has been for you Denise. Bless you. Your tribute does sound wonderful. Let me thank your Dad for bringing you to us here at PT. I can bet he's smiling down on you every day. (((((HUGS)))))

moosmom
03-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Denise,

I think that would be a lovely tribute to your Dad. I am very close by where I scattered MOST of my Dad's and his cat Tigger's ashes, so I can go down to dock and have "chats" with them. It really helps me cope, even though he's been gone for 8 years.

Find peace in knowing that we are here for you, okay. I know your Dad is looking over you and would only want you to be happy.

Love and ((((((((HUGS)))))))

Donna

Pawsitive Thinking
03-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Candle lit, John Denver played and even took the death announcement out of my purse, tore it into tiny pieces and let the wind take it away....... Dad and I can now both move on - thank you for letting me share him with you

P.S. Have just announced to entire office that I am popping home to walk my Dad!! :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
03-16-2006, 06:15 AM
:D I'm sure he'll enjoy his walk as well as the John Denver!
Your Dad will always be with you. Parents are part of what we are.

jackie
03-16-2006, 08:21 AM
hugs to you!

Laura's Babies
03-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Dad's are such an important part of our life. I still miss mine and he has been gone 16 years. You will never forget him and always be his little girl!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-16-2006, 10:18 AM
That is a very special way to say goodbye! I am sure your dad approved it!!

lvpets2002
03-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Lossing a Dad is hard & I lost mine 5 yrs ago.. I think you tribute was great.. (((((((( LOTS OF BIG HUGGSS TO YOU DENISE ))))))))))