PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Star!

Felix
03-14-2006, 09:22 PM
The new season of Nashville Star starts tonight.I have watched this for a couple of years now.I think it is a good show,anyone else watch it?Im watching it now.I will post my thoughts after the show.

Felix
03-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Here are the ones I thought done a great job,Chris Young,Matt Mason,Melanie Torres and Casey Rivers.I thought the men had more talent than the women again this year.The one that really amazed me was Chris Young,I think he has a true country voice.

CountryWolf07
03-15-2006, 02:11 AM
Here's what I said about Nashville Star:

Big & Rich opened the show.. I have to be honest here.. I'm not a huge fan of them, but they are okay.. I say it, because they are honestly real nice guys, very down earth.. their music is just very different, I'll say it, unique. The host of the show is Cowboy Troy.. which is cool...Co-host is Wyonna Judd... which is awesome.

Opening the show with the song "How do you Like Me Now".. AWESOME..

The judges of the show - Phil Vassar, Anastasia Brown, and Big & Rich for this week!

- 1ST CONTESTANT: Casey Rivers - The song he performed tonight was "Heartland" by George Strait. I immediately liked him - he did a good job, unique voice.. and he has icy blue eyes, which I LOVE.

- 2ND CONTESTANT: Melanie Torres - The song she performed tonight was "When the God-Fearing Women Get the Blues" by Martina McBride. Again, I liked her performance. She did very well. She has a great voice.

- 3RD CONTESTANT: Nicole Jamrose - The song she performed was "Pickin' Wildflowers" by Keith Anderson. I like her, cute voice. Her performance didn't blow me away, though.

- 4TH CONTESTANT: Chris Young - The song he performed was "Tequila makes her clothes Fall Off" by Joe Nichols.. He has a good, deep voice, and I definitely like him! He's very good looking too.

- 5TH CONTESTANT: Jared Ashley - The song he performed was "Hicktown" by Jason Aldean. He did pretty AWESOME! Jared originally had the hold onto the song, then lost it to Jason Aldean. Anyway, I hope he stays on for next week's show.

- 6TH CONTESTANT: Monique LeCompte - The song she performed was "Like We've Never Loved at All"... and I think she is my favorite. She did very awesome on this song.. Beautiful, beautiful voice!

- 7TH CONTESTANT: Shy Blakeman - The song he performed.. I have no idea what it was.. but I didn't like him.. but ah well.. we'll see if he gets better next week.

-8th CONTESTANT: Kristen McNamera - The song she performed was "Cowboy's Sweetheart" by Pasty Montana.. she has a cute voice. but I'm not sure if she'll last on the show.

- 9th CONTESTANT: Matt Mason - The song he performed was "Touch Me, Turn me On, and Burn Me Down" by Marty Stuart. I like him, I like him!

- 10th CONTESTANT: Jewels Hanson - She performed "Gone" by Montgomery Gentry. She is not the best performer on the show.

So tonight, one contestant is kicked off the show, and it is Jewels Hanson, which I actually expected her to be gone tonight. So, in no order, I like Chris Young, Matt Mason, Jared Ashley, and Melanie Torres.

Expect a 2nd review next Tuesday evening.

sirrahbed
03-18-2006, 08:37 AM
This is my first time watching Nashville Star and I loved this premier show. I think each of these contestants are more talented than most of the people on American Idol.

My favorite singer is Monique. I do not understand why the judges said she was "too Broadway" - what???

I agree that the boys were better and my favorites were Chris and Casey.

I am looking forward to the next show - loved your review CountryWolf :D

sirrahbed
03-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Just noticed that the show is being repeated on USA - Saturday morning at 10am

petslover
03-18-2006, 11:07 AM
My favorite is Shy Blakeman! He is awesome!! I really hope he goes far in the competition.

sirrahbed
03-23-2006, 07:07 AM
My favorite is Shy Blakeman! He is awesome!! I really hope he goes far in the competition.

He was voted off this week. Sorry! I think he is just too rock to be Nashville Star.

Where are you for the review Country Wolf? :rolleyes:

petslover
03-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Yes I saw that he was voted off! I hated that! I thought Chris Young did the best Tuesday night!

CountryWolf07
03-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Here's my review from Tues. night.. :) Enjoy!

Alright, Nashville Star is back tonight.. so here's my second review!

Gretchen Wilson opened the show.. Larry the Cable Guy is there.. oh, love that dude, he is hilarious!

First to start off the competition is:

Matt Mason: He sang "Born to Boogie" by Hank Williams Jr..he was AWESOME! Love his brown eyes..

Nicole Jamrose: She sang "Poor Me" by Trick Pony. I love this song, and I thought she did a nice job. Thought she should've stayed with the guitar.

Jared Ashley: He sang "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" by Big & Rich - He did pretty awesome. He is one of my favorites! He's good looking, and he's short and I love short guys..

Melanie Torres: She sang "I Give a Damn Busted" by Jo Dee Messina - She has a cute voice, and I like her. She's probably the best female singer in this competition. That song is one of my favorites, too as well.

Gretchen Wilson performed another song - "Politically Incorrect"

Chris Young: He performed "Drinkin' my baby Good bye" by Charlie Daniels - I REALLY, REALLY like this guy. I think I have to say my MONEY IS ON HIM to win this Nashville Star this year.

Casey Rivers: He performed "Modern Day Bonnie & Clyde" by Travis Tritt - I absolutely LOVE this song. He has a very nice voice.. and blue eyes. He is my second favorite on this competition.

Monique LeCompte: She performed "Guys do it All the Time" by Mindy McCready. Thought she did alright.

Kristen McNamara: She performed "Fancy" by Reba McEntire. She actually has a good voice & she didn't yodel this time.

So, yeah, it's Chris Young, Casey Rivers, Jared Ashley and Melanie Torres. They are my picks for the top 4 left in the competition later on...

Until then, see ya next Tuesday!

Felix
03-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the terrific review wolf :)

So, yeah, it's Chris Young, Casey Rivers, Jared Ashley and Melanie Torres. They are my picks for the top 4 left in the competition later on...

You hit the nail right on the head...My thoughts exactly.I think Chris Young is EXCELLENT.He's got such a pure country voice I LOVE.

Can't wait till Tuesday! :p

Felix
03-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the terrific review CountryWolf07 :)

You hit the nail right on the head...My thoughts exactly.I think Chris Young is EXCELLENT.He's got such a pure country voice I LOVE.

Can't wait till Tuesday! :p

sirrahbed
04-02-2006, 12:23 PM
awww :( Monique is gone.

I loved the -guitar only- vocal of Cheating Heart...

and For the Girls

I watch Idol too - does it seem like the Nashville contestants are already performers and not as young as the Idols??

CountryWolf07
04-02-2006, 05:14 PM
awww :( Monique is gone.

I loved the -guitar only- vocal of Cheating Heart...

and For the Girls

I watch Idol too - does it seem like the Nashville contestants are already performers and not as young as the Idols??

The difference is that they actually PICK talented people and we pick who is the BEST one for this competition :)